The James Bond Thread: RIP Robbie Coltrane

James Bond

I can't say I'd kick Britt Ekland out of bed but Goodnight might be the most annoying Bond girl next to Tanya Roberts. Even Bibi Dahl isn't as annoying (and gives Moore one of his best lines as P5 pointed out). At least Maud Adams is there to balance things out a little!

Maud Adams was excellent. She was hot, you actually felt for her character. The turning point of the film was that she was the one who sent the golden bullet to Bond. There's a lot great stuff in that film that was hampered down by the stupid energy crisis plot and J.W. Pepper. I didn't mind the Kung Fu school scene. Great way for Bond to show off his skills.

Maud had the honor of coming back and having the title of the actual movie. The makeup she wore made her look old though. It did make her look like a match for Roger Moore who was 55. I believe she was only 37. She actually looked good for her age in Everything Or Nothing.

Maud Adams was excellent. She was hot, you actually felt for her character. The turning point of the film was that she was the one who sent the golden bullet to Bond. There's a lot great stuff in that film that was hampered down by the stupid energy crisis plot and J.W. Pepper. I didn't mind the Kung Fu school scene. Great way for Bond to show off his skills.

Maud had the honor of coming back and having the title of the actual movie. The makeup she wore made her look old though. It did make her look like a match for Roger Moore who was 55. I believe she was only 37. She actually looked good for her age in Everything Or Nothing.

Maid Adams was still hot as fuck in Octopussy. Probably in my top 10 Bond girls honestly.

Mine too. You can't go wrong with her in either film. I know it always seems to be Honor Blackman and Barbara Bach who tend to get credit as the initial Bond girls that are plot essential as opposed to a bimbo or someone to tag along, but Maud Adams fits comfortably in the middle. A lesser talked about Bond girl but one of the best in both of her films.

Connery, Lazenby, Dalton and Craig look like the kind of guys that would kill you without thinking twice.

Moore and Brosnan not so much.

Though Moore had some ruthless kills and I suppose Brosnan showed that side too in Goldeneye.

Maud Adams had more screen presence than Barbara Bach did. I did like Bach's character until she became boobs in distress. Maud had the best chemistry with Roger Moore of all the

actresses. I think Jane Seymour and Carole Bouquet were the best Bond girls of the Moore films after Maud. The rest were forgettable.

Connery had some beauties. I wouldn't pass up any of them. Honor Blackman had that cougar look. Dalton only had four girls but they were hot, especially Talisa Soto. Craig's were all hot too.

Connery, Lazenby, Dalton and Craig look like the kind of guys that would kill you without thinking twice.

Moore and Brosnan not so much.

Though Moore had some ruthless kills and I suppose Brosnan showed that side too in Goldeneye.

Moore was the proper English gentlemen but if you fuck with him, he will kill you. I guess Brosnan did get that cold stare down a few scenes, but he had nothing on previous Bond actors and what followed.

Brosnan to me seemed like the "pretty boy" Bond. Not bad for what he was asked to do, but he wasn't intimidating at all. I was shocked to find that Moore was only 6'1" because he looked like he was towering over everyone. Brosnan is actually taller but doesn't seem like it at all.

Edited by Crazyman

All Sean Connery wants to do is play golf and free Scotland. I can't help but think how upset he was when Scotland voted to stay in the U.K.

It should be well enough for him considering he has lived in the Caribbean for the last forty years.

PS

I have often got the impression that Connery is a bit embarrassed by Bond.

Edited by DieselDaisy

I think he just laments the fact that he is best known as Bond even though he's had a good career (including his Oscar win) outside of Bond. He credits Bond with destroying his personal life and marriage due to the hectic schedule, so as much as deep down he's probably thankful for Bond he also holds some bitterness.

Diana Rigg had some positive things to say about Lazenby. How she was cast because she was classically trained while Lazenby was a male model. She said the "eating garlic" rumor was bullshit. She did have a sandwhich with garlic on it before realizing it was a bad idea. The two actually got on well. They may have slept together.

Diana Rigg had some positive things to say about Lazenby. How she was cast because she was classically trained while Lazenby was a male model. She said the "eating garlic" rumor was bullshit. She did have a sandwhich with garlic on it before realizing it was a bad idea. The two actually got on well. They may have slept together.

"Eating garlic" rumor? Can you elaborate? I've never heard that one.

The rumor is that before one of their love scenes that Diana Rigg ate a sandwhich with some garlic on it on purpose to piss Lazenby off since he was acting like a big shot on set.

Pretty sure they didn't actually sleep together, though :lol:

Lazenby is a lucky man if he actually got to bone Diana Rigg :lol:

The rumor is that before one of their love scenes that Diana Rigg ate a sandwhich with some garlic on it on purpose to piss Lazenby off since he was acting like a big shot on set.

Pretty sure they didn't actually sleep together, though :lol:

Lazenby is a lucky man if he actually got to bone Diana Rigg :lol:

He's a lucky man regardless, don't you think?! :lol:

• Like 1

He was the one that claimed Rigg ate the garlic on purpose, so who knows. I think the other rumor is more likely true - that he slept with a bunch of the other women on set. From everything I've read it's taken years for those two to even speak nicely about each other.

Also thankfully Lazenby didn't do 7 more Bond movies. He aged pretty quickly, despite being so young during OHMSS.

Edited by Crazyman

He looked ok by then, which probably would've been towards the end of his run if he had actually made all those films. He was showing quite a bit of age for only being in his mid 40's though. Still looked much better than Moore did 2 years later, but Moore was like a decade or so older.

In an alternative universe Lazenby stays as Bond until 1983, when Broccoli meets Brosnan on the set of Octopussy and he takes over. Not sure how I'd feel about that :lol:

Edit: Some of these are meh, but others are amazing

Edited by Crazyman