Will the 'Vegas Residency' be a prelude to NuGNR taking the world by storm?

BBA

and if you read Axl's rejection letter to the HOF committee on why didn't want to attend or even be inducted into the HOF, it does read like he wants to disavow ever playing with the AFD lineup

But that doesn't mean he rejects the music they made together. You seriously can't differentiate between 'the members' and 'the music'? So let me ask you again: what makes you think Axl wants to deny AFD ever existed? I'll "help you along" by giving some evidence that actually suggests he doesn't want to reject the material:

- He plays lots of it at every gig.

- He is going to celebrate 25th anniversary of the record.

- He didn't quit GN'R like everyone else.

So what have you got? That quote from before the release of UYI about him wanting to bury AFD?

thats not fair. I support Axl but its obvious until he got control of the band he was treating the other members poorly (good reasons or bad doesn't matter). Izzy, Duff, and Slash have all said that Axl was in part responsible for them leaving.

If you had helped start a band and then one of the other members said you are now my employee, you'd be furious.

What? What has Axl's behaviour towards his band mates got to do with the question of whether he rejects the classic material or not? And I am not even disagreeing with you, it is just an unrelated topic.

EDIT: Ah, you were replying to the text in bold. I didn't see that, my bad.

I agree, Axl is an asshole and that is part of the reason why the others left. But still, the fact that he didn't quit the band to disassociate himself from the band and the music, suggests he doesn't have any problem with the classic music. I mean, if jmapelian is right, then the natural thing for Axl to do was to disband GN'R and start a new band.

Edited by SoulMonster

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and if you read Axl's rejection letter to the HOF committee on why didn't want to attend or even be inducted into the HOF, it does read like he wants to disavow ever playing with the AFD lineup

But that doesn't mean he rejects the music they made together. You seriously can't differentiate between 'the members' and 'the music'? So let me ask you again: what makes you think Axl wants to deny AFD ever existed? I'll "help you along" by giving some evidence that actually suggests he doesn't want to reject the material:

So what have you got? That quote from before the release of UYI about him wanting to bury AFD?

thats not fair. I support Axl but its obvious until he got control of the band he was treating the other members poorly (good reasons or bad doesn't matter). Izzy, Duff, and Slash have all said that Axl was in part responsible for them leaving.

If you had helped start a band and then one of the other members said you are now my employee, you'd be furious.

What? What has Axl's behaviour towards his band mates got to do with the question of whether he rejects the classic material or not? And I am not even disagreeing with you, it is just an unrelated topic.

Uh, he was replying to the point he bolded in your post. The part that has got nothing to do with the question of whether he rejects the classic material or not. It's just an unrelated topic but you brought it up, he replied.

Uh, he was replying to the point he bolded in your post. The part that has got nothing to do with the question of whether he rejects the classic material or not. It's just an unrelated topic but you brought it up, he replied.

Oh, thank you! I didn't see that part. I will go back and edit my response to him.

just curious ... does anyone else feel like NuGNR's fall 'Vegas Residency' shows are going to be a prelude to the "band" taking the world by storm once again? specifically, do you think NuGNR is using these shows as a platform to launch the new album that has been referred to recently as a "top priority" for the whole band? will we once again have epic, million-dollar budget music videos for new timeless classics? will the band be able to fill US stadiums as they did during the 91-93 Illusion tour? should we expect blu-ray releases and numerous television interviews where axl rose finally declares to the world that this band IS Guns N Roses?

... or is this just another opportunity for axl to milk the back catalogue for a quick buck?

...just another opportunity for axl to milk the back catalogue for a quick buck...

just curious ... does anyone else feel like NuGNR's fall 'Vegas Residency' shows are going to be a prelude to the "band" taking the world by storm once again? specifically, do you think NuGNR is using these shows as a platform to launch the new album that has been referred to recently as a "top priority" for the whole band? will we once again have epic, million-dollar budget music videos for new timeless classics? will the band be able to fill US stadiums as they did during the 91-93 Illusion tour? should we expect blu-ray releases and numerous television interviews where axl rose finally declares to the world that this band IS Guns N Roses?

... or is this just another opportunity for axl to milk the back catalogue for a quick buck?

...just another opportunity for axl to milk the back catalogue for a quick buck...

duh. that's all axl's been doing in 2012. milking the back slash and duff catalogue for cash. but not only has axl been milking slash and duff. but. dj and ronald have been milking robin's and bucket's work all year long 4 quick bucks 2

Edited by finck6