Dizzy Reed Interview: "I hope the next record doesn't take us another 10 years". Unsure how much longer the "band" will survive.

BBA

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

The comment regarding the next album is completely taken out of context, unsurprisingly. And nowhere in the interview does Reed shed ambiguity over the future of Guns N’ Roses.

Here's a quote from DJ Ashba this past January:

"I can't give anybody a definite date, because again I'm not going to give anybody false hope," said Ashba. "But what I can say is [a new album] absolutely is our main priority."

"Axl has tons and tons of stuff recorded," Ashba continued. "He sits there in his hotel room and he'll play me hours of stuff. And I've written over ten songs - I think twelve songs now - for him that he really likes. I think now that we're off tour we're going to start talking about, 'Hey, let's start piecing together what we feel would be the next best Guns N' Roses record.' It's absolutely everybody's goal to get out an album and get it out in a reasonable amount of time. That is everybody's focus."

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/upcoming_releases/guns_n_roses_new_album_is_top_priority.html?no_takeover

See, guys ... No reason to worry. DJ says recording is the "band's" top priority.

Here's a quote from DJ Ashba this past January:

"I can't give anybody a definite date, because again I'm not going to give anybody false hope," said Ashba. "But what I can say is [a new album] absolutely is our main priority."

"Axl has tons and tons of stuff recorded," Ashba continued. "He sits there in his hotel room and he'll play me hours of stuff. And I've written over ten songs - I think twelve songs now - for him that he really likes. I think now that we're off tour we're going to start talking about, 'Hey, let's start piecing together what we feel would be the next best Guns N' Roses record.' It's absolutely everybody's goal to get out an album and get it out in a reasonable amount of time. That is everybody's focus."

http://www.ultimate-...tml?no_takeover

See, guys ... No reason to worry. DJ says recording is the "band's" top priority.

Good point...shame Axl's too afraid to adress these issues. Instead he has band members who have no clue what the fuck is going on..it is pretty frustrating..

Why would Axl risk releasing new music after failing badly to 'take the world' with CD?

Why would the record company support a CD sequel, since the original release earned them little or no money at all?

Why would Axl stop touring 'Greatest Hits' if it makes him good money?

This just goes to show the demand for new guns songs is less than the demand for old guns songs.

Axl had his royal plan to release three consecutive albums. But that plan was dead in the water after the first flop.

I wish Axl would start a new band, then he could release music without the huge GNR name to live up to.

I just wished he had thought this over before shit hit the fan.

It would have been far better for Axl to put GUNS on hold for five years, while he explored himself as an artist, and then once all of that was out of his system to go back to Guns.

I almost wish people would stop asking the band questions. Their answers in reality are closer to... 'I donno, ask Axl'

Edited by jimb0