The Linguini Occurrence

Even Robert Plant couldn't hide his immense pleasure at that one. Clearly Jimmy Page was over the moon. JPJ also seemed thoroughly impressed. I saw Heart a few years ago when they were touring with a couple other bands, and I wasn't all that excited to see them. I mean I thought they were okay, and it would be a nice little performance, but not much more. I was wrong. It was the most pleasant surprise I've ever had at a rock concert. Their performance blew me completely away. It was some of the best vocal work I had ever heard. They covered The Who's "Love Reign O'er Me" and it was indescribably powerful. The Wilson sisters really know what they're doing.

Even Robert Plant couldn't hide his immense pleasure at that one. Clearly Jimmy Page was over the moon. JPJ also seemed thoroughly impressed. I saw Heart a few years ago when they were touring with a couple other bands, and I wasn't all that excited to see them. I mean I thought they were okay, and it would be a nice little performance, but not much more. I was wrong. It was the most pleasant surprise I've ever had at a rock concert. Their performance blew me completely away. It was some of the best vocal work I had ever heard. They covered The Who's "Love Reign O'er Me" and it was indescribably powerful. The Wilson sisters really know what they're doing.

I agree. I know that Ann Wilson isn't visually appealing to many, but nobody can dispute her vocal prowess. I expected them to get into the Rock Hall of Fame and am glad they did, they will put on a great show for induction night.

Ann and Nancy never went away, maybe that's why Heart kept getting overlooked.

There's this issue with late 70s early 80s bands and singers that aren't in, Joan Jett's still not in, Pat Benatar, but I think it's the same reasons why REO Speedwagon, Styx, Boston, Journey (being from the Bay Area should've helped) and Foreigner aren't in - a ridiculous aversion to "corporate rock". I think we'll see Cheap Trick in the next couple of years because the musicians are going to push for them to get in.

I don't get it, they're classic rock staples played on the radio, thousands of bands cover their songs every year.

At around 31 mins, the Buddy Guy tribute is awesome.

+1. It was awesome. Jimmy Vaughan (SRV's brother) was great. My dad is a big fan of SRV and he also thought it was great. Buddy Guy was in tears he loved it. Best blues jams and songs I heard in a while. Zeppelin Tribute was good too. I forgot who did Led Zeppelin's Stairway to Heaven, but it was right next to the original. It sounded awesome and was just beautiful.