Why are people so convinced that CD II doesn't exist and that Axl won't ever release another album?

Randy Lahey

Three things.

First, I believe it exists.

Second, I also believe it will be released.

Third, I believe this will be a post-mortem release

Agreed.

When it comes to Axl Rose, the more cynical the presumption -- the more likely it is correct.

I remember people here saying Chinese Democracy will never see the light of day. It might take years for another album to be released, but I can't help but think that because Axl views it as a double, he won't just release half of it.

That just doesn't seem like his way of doing things. He cares about the legacy enough to want people to hear at least Chinese Democracy as a whole.

I remember people here saying Chinese Democracy will never see the light of day. It might take years for another album to be released, but I can't help but think that because Axl views it as a double, he won't just release half of it.

That just doesn't seem like his way of doing things. He cares about the legacy enough to want people to hear at least Chinese Democracy as a whole.

True. It was released. After the label forced it. 10 years of recording, mixing, and album artwork.

And in 2008, even then Axl wasn't ready to let it go.

True. It was released. After the label forced it. 10 years of recording, mixing, and album artwork.

And in 2008, even then Axl wasn't ready to let it go.

Well, Axl turned over a finished album in 1999 and the label told him they thought it could be better and gave it back.

The label was a major reason for some of the delays, it's not just Axl, tho he obviously was a factor in it too.

I think weve heard chinese and democracy is yet to come. It seems like chinese was about this frustration and austerity in rock the 90s. Democracy is like the freedom record where more electronica and aggression will break for the border.