Why are people so convinced that CD II doesn't exist and that Axl won't ever release another album?

Randy Lahey

I think it does, because Sebastian Bach and I think a few others have said stuff about being a trilogy another CD in 2012 (didn't happen but whatever) etc. Also Axl has said he has lots of material about 3 cds worth. Why wouldn't he want to release it? The only think pointing against it is I remember something about in an old interview with him kind of acting like UYI was the only thing he really needed to do and anything after was extra. I really hope there is CDII and that it gets released soon.

Axl's never said he's finished with putting new music out, but I think he's just reluctant to put something out.

I do think we'll see new music coming, and it'll prob. be an EP or a download from a soundtrack (could be for a TV show), which kind of goes along with what GNR did in the past.

because I don't think Axl wants to release any more music. The music he's done so far has been fuckin awesome and will live on forever and for each generation that discovers Guns N Roses, it's new to them.

I honestly don't think Axl thinks he can top the songs he's already done. It's a shame, but hey it seems to be working for him since GNR still sells out most of the world and Axl seems to be okay with it all.

because I don't think Axl wants to release any more music. The music he's done so far has been fuckin awesome and will live on forever and for each generation that discovers Guns N Roses, it's new to them.

I honestly don't think Axl thinks he can top the songs he's already done. It's a shame, but hey it seems to be working for him since GNR still sells out most of the world and Axl seems to be okay with it all.

So you admit Axl sucks now?? Well at least you're honest..

You will not find too many people who never release something new between tours. Even the Stones - who are often accused of being nostalgia merchants - have released three studio albums between the time it took Axl to release CD and usually release hits sets (with new songs - which is a bit of a con in itself but that is a seperate issue). .

Jesus,

In the time it took Axl to follow-up UYI with CD, Neil Young made ten studio/original albums - ten.

The Stones released 3.

Aerosmith, 4.

Kiss, 3

Metallica, 4.

Megadeth, 7.

McCartney, 6.

I mean bands (Oasis and Blur) have had their entire careers during the period it took Axl to follow-up UYI haha.

I am convinced I have a mortgage due every month, besides that, who the hell knows? Randy, honestly, speak for yourself. I bet maybe 10-15 from this site think about this shit all day like you do. Jesus, give it a rest. React to things that actually happen, it will make your life easier. And BTW when are you gonna have your Axl vs Treaty of Westphalia thread?

Edited by Gunzen

A. It took too long to create his solo project vision

B. The never ending tour puts pay to any future music.

My guess is, the current (never ending) tour appears to be Axl's only option to show the music industry he is serious (but do they care about a 50yo Axl Rose), as I doubt there's too many offers on the table right now. He will probably have to fund the next album himself. Maybe that's what the tour is about, as it does seem routine night after night.

I think old tracks will be dusted of and completed, some day..

Edited by star

What evidence is there that he will release another album? He won't talk about it. We know his history with regard to releasing things. The band tiptoes on eggshells around the subject. Band management and the record company have nothing to say about it either. We have to conclude that something that appears to be invisible, does not exist.

We know there are songs. Lots of them. So they could be part of a theoretical CD2. But as to whether there is a concrete plan, nobody can say.

Why are people so convinced that CD II doesn't exist and that Axl won't ever release another album?

There is no evidence that there is finished album ready to go, it's all crazy forum hype. We do know bumblefoot recorded on a bunch of songs we haven't heard yet but are those finished songs? Even if there is enough material, the further we go along, it feels like they are at the very least going to be done over by the new guys.

I think Axl is capable of releasing new albums though, never going to disagree on that, but for the close to mid future doesn't feel like it will be happening. :question:

I think the only way stuff gets released in the next 5-10 years is if Axl loses ownership of the music and a label puts it out, or a huge leak like before CD forces their hand. Otherwise it will be like the past 4 years without even hints of something new besides remixes. Maybe Axl will release stuff once he can no longer tour or runs out of money. It seems like the making of music from 1997ish on was just something to occupy his time as opposed to actually put out.

Do you think Axl can pyschologically see music as complete. I mean he even turned around and said Oh My God was a demo - this was years after it was released. Bollocks if that is a demo; that was a right load of rubbish. I mean most of the democracy demos - for The Blues etc - sound slicker than the released album. I think Rose has George Lucas complex. He just cannot say, ''right, finished, release that''.

Edited by DieselDaisy

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

First of all, I think the idea Best Buy secured all of Chinese Democracy is made up. In reality they had exclusive access to one album for a year. It is the label which GN'R must offer another album.

Secondly, if you read any of the books written about GN'R, even when Axl isn't outwardly enthusiastic about a new album to press, execs, perhaps even band members he always has a very compelling artistic drive to continue the album legacy of Guns N' Roses. He will eventually follow-up Chinese Democracy, but it won't be on anybody else's watch - irrespective of what is deemed to be an appropriate time, post-tour chemistry, band pressure, fan unease.

I think it's possible that Axl is just not willing to put himself out there to be judged by anything new he has to offer. Personally, I think CD was great, but with all of the criticism he has had to endure before, and after the release of CD, I'd be thinking "fuck it" its just not worth it. Even his so called fans constantly attack him, like he owes us something. He doesn't owe anybody anything, just like nobody owes him anything. I don't think I could handle the amount of public bashing this guy has taken over the years, deserved or not. I think I would have blown a gasket, and I'm guessing most other people would as well. I hope he releases something prior to team Brazil getting there hands on anything. But it is what it is. Just my opinion by the way.

The record industry is pretty much dead. The only real reason to put out records is to sustain your tours where you make money back. If Axl is already making money doing the nostalgia tours, there's really no monetary need to pay for a record. I think he realizes that his vision for Gn'R post-Slash isn't gonna be a pop culture phenomenon. Really, I don't see Axl and his new Guns ever being bigger than they are now.

That said, I want a new record pretty badly. Just throw it on iTunes or something.

The only real reason to put out records is to sustain your tours where you make money back.

Uhm...That and also because a musician usually wants his music to be heard...

Maybe Axl's creativity is simply gone ?

Well, yeah, clearly, for artistic purposes as well. That much is obvious. But my point was that Axl is making money touring regardless. A new record won't rush people to the "ticket booth." There's no sense of urgency. And I think he knows Gn'R won't ever be what it was regardless.

Theres more evidence that there is more material and they want to put out a record than not. In fact theres no evifence where they say they wont.

But given the state of play and Axl track record. Plus the label would prob rather put out another best of and ultimately want a reunion.

I think they will want to establish CD songs first. CD, Better,CD, TIL seem pretty solid now. It might be a bad idea to get them on a GH.

Jungle

SCOM

PC

Patience

YCBM

Dont Cry

Nov Rain

Estranged

CD

Better

SOD

TIL

Would be solid GH with extra song off CD II as gift to fans.