What was Axl's motive for handling the GNR situation the way he did during the last 20 years?

izzydoezit

Dalsh.....great post. Full of logic and reasonable points.

Rovin.....you hit the nail on the head. Sure, a few people will never accept Axl continuing to use the name without the members who created the classic songs. But I fully believe that if Axl had released 3-4 albums by now he that would have stopped a huge portion of the naysayers.

If Axl let this band put its imprint on GnR, then people would be debating which band put out better music. Instead of just arguing about whether they were a cover band or not.

CD was a great record. Try listening moron

Are you capable of posting without insulting people? You calling people names doesn't make them feel bad and it doesn't make your point any stronger.....it just makes you look immature.

But if you want to throw out the term moron.......you didn't address the point at all, and I've been one of the biggest supporters of CD of anybody on this forum. I've posted a 100 times that it is the best rock album of the last decade, that I hope the next album is like a twin of CD, and that Axl and this band could release kick ass music every two years. So not only is your insult simply wrong and juvenile, but applying it towards me....well, it just makes you look ignorant as well.

Free advice kid. Instead of trying so hard to be funny and witty and always insulting people, focus on the actual topics and people will stop thinking of you as a silly cupcake.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're twisting my words Rusty. Every reply to my quotes was way off, I just don't take any one member's word on it like you seem to do.

And just so it's clear: I have just as much respect for Slash as you do.

Edited by Rovim

You're twisting my words Rusty.

I don't think so. But moving on.

Every reply to my quotes was way off, I just don't take any one member's word on it like you seem to do.

Slash's version of events are backed up by other people. I put more faith in a group's version of events instead of one man's distorted version that he never elaborates on.

Izzy, Slash and Duff all have roughly the same opinion on the demise of the band. You should know that also. I haven't taken one member's word as the truth. Believing that they would all lie in an attempt to somehow attack Axl is part of a certain member's delusions and paranoia. A lot of Slash's dates and etc are off because not everyone writes things down as they happen. Some of his timelines are possibly off but unless you can show some reason why he would lie, and where he lied, I can't see any other reason for you to deny except to serve whatever your interest is in this topic.

You've been trying to attack the information since it was first brought up. Why? Do you want the blame to be more democratic? Slash and Duff didn't force Axl to leave GNR for a short time so he could restructure the band under the contract terms. That was all Axl.

You're twisting my words Rusty.

I don't think so. But moving on.

Every reply to my quotes was way off, I just don't take any one member's word on it like you seem to do.

Slash's version of events are backed up by other people. I put more faith in a group's version of events instead of one man's distorted version that he never elaborates on.

Izzy, Slash and Duff all have roughly the same opinion on the demise of the band. You should know that also. I haven't taken one member's word as the truth. Believing that they would all lie in an attempt to somehow attack Axl is part of a certain member's delusions and paranoia. A lot of Slash's dates and etc are off because not everyone writes things down as they happen. Some of his timelines are possibly off but unless you can show some reason why he would lie, and where he lied, I can't see any other reason for you to deny except to serve whatever your interest is in this topic.

You've been trying to attack the information since it was first brought up. Why? Do you want the blame to be more democratic? Slash and Duff didn't force Axl to leave GNR for a short time so he could restructure the band under the contract terms. That was all Axl.

Dude, I have no interests to protect in this topic. Slash has lied in the past, and other people backed up some of the things Axl said as well.

Like marc for example. I don't attack, I discuss. We're all Gn'R fans here.

Edited by Rovim

I'm butthurt cuz Dj looks like Slash!!!

Fixed :)

Slash went on to have an abysmal career, releasing six albums, several singles, and earning a Grammy Award for best Hard Rock Performance.

Well Dj did write a grammy winning record as well...saints of los angeles, 2008. ring a bell? :P

Too funny.

Saints didn't win a Grammy. Nor was the album very successful. After its debut week the album quickly disappeared. And the album had one single that did ok on the rock charts, but the remaining singles crashed and burned. The album didn't even go platinum.

Slash on the other hand......did in fact win a Grammy. And the album outsold CD and Saints combined.

To you it is a competition. But to most of us it isn't. Kids like you turn every topic into combat mode, Axl vs slash, old band vs new band. It doesn't have to be that way.

Slash has been more successful than Axl post-GnR. In terms of sales, hits, industry respect and releasing music for his fans.

With that said, I prefer CD to anything Slash has done. And I thought VR was boring. CD is the best rock album of the last decade, imo. And I hope Axl gives his current band a chance to contribute to the GnR name as creators and not just as a touring/cover band.

See how easy that was? And I didnt have to insult any mygnrforum posters or any band members to make my point.

Slash struggled with heroin and alcohol addictions during this period.

Exaggeration. Being under the influence through this legal process would make the contracts null. Even self intoxication is considered duress, if you can prove it and that the one offering the contract knew it. Considering that, stop throwing in your bullshit speculation just to cloud the issue. Axl's nuts are safe in this discussion. Settle down.

Slash was on and off heroin for a bit. He kicked it cold turkey when he needed to. One thing remained constant...He never allowed drugs to destroy his loyalty to GNR. You keep claiming that and it's bullshit.

I hate to break this to you, but drugs and alcohol have a way of influencing a person's perception, both of the past and the moment. Slash signed the name over no doubt because he wasn't in his right mind. What other reason could he have had? Oh that's right, Axl and Doug swindled him and held him hostage. :eyeroll:

Slash was too much of pussy to challenge Axl for the band. Slash took the cowardly way out.

Yet, two other CLEAN members at the time back up Slash's version. You lose, brainfart.

It doesn't change the fact he was too much of a PUSSY to challenge Axl for the band. Please spin your way out of that one mister "sick burn."

Just....stop.

Fighting over the name would have been even uglier, more costly and would have no positive. But he didn't have to. Axl was his own worst enemy.

That is the biggest bunch of bullshit I've ever heard. Slash was just plain chickenshit to step up to the plate and take a swing at Axl.

And just like Axl said, he's surviving this war. Game on.

Yet, two other CLEAN members at the time back up Slash's version. You lose, brainfart.

It doesn't change the fact he was too much of a PUSSY to challenge Axl for the band. Please spin your way out of that one mister "sick burn."

Just....stop.

You're just too fuckin scared to admit Slash made a colossal blunder. Keep licking his ass, mister holier-than-thou superfan.

Edited by brainsaber

Fighting over the name would have been even uglier, more costly and would have no positive. But he didn't have to. Axl was his own worst enemy.

That is the biggest bunch of bullshit I've ever heard. Slash was just plain chickenshit to step up to the plate and take a swing at Axl.

Just....stop.

You're just too fuckin scared to admit Slash made a colossal blunder. Keep licking his ass, mister holier-than-thou superfan.

You're mental.

Just....stop.

You were proven wrong with facts by Rustycage regarding the band's break-up. At this point, you're embarrassing yourself.

You were proven wrong with facts by Rustycage regarding the band's break-up. At this point, you're embarrassing yourself.

No, Slash gave up. He was a quitter. He lost the test of wills with Axl. He didn't have the balls to challenge Axl. He just let Axl have it.

No, Slash gave up. He was a quitter. He lost the test of wills with Axl. He didn't have the balls to challenge Axl. He just let Axl have it.

What is the world like where you live? What is it called? Hisanus?

Dude, I have no interest to protect in this topic. Slash has lied in the past, and other people backed up some of the things Axl said as well.

Specific information with sources?

Well Slash did lie about going to Axl's house. He said he never did, and then he admitted he did. Marc also said Slash lies.

What's the point in making it about that tho?

Dude, I have no interest to protect in this topic. Slash has lied in the past, and other people backed up some of the things Axl said as well.

Well Slash did lie about going to Axl's house. He said he never did, and then he admitted he did. Marc also said Slash lies.

Big difference in what Marc said. He said Slash lies to make himself look cool. Those are white lies I'm sure almost everyone does when courting a girl. I think you are twisting Marc's words.

Slash was probably embarrassed about going to Axl's and being turned away by the maid. Either way, how does that dispute his version of events matching up to other members' versions?

What is the world like where you live? What is it called? Hisanus?

Did you not read the quote you yourself provided? Oops.

That situation chipped away at the stone that is me; my patience, my dedication, my determination- all of it finally began to give way.

Big difference in what Marc said. He said Slash lies to make himself look cool. Those are white lies I'm sure almost everyone does when courting a girl. I think you are twisting Marc's words.

Slash was probably embarrassed about going to Axl's and being turned away by the maid. Either way, how does that dispute his version of events matching up to other members' versions?

Not twisting anything. Marc said 2 things: that Slash lies to make himself look cool, and he also said: 'Slash lies lol' as a reply.

I remember cause I was surprised reading it.

It damages Slash's reputation. It proves that he's capable of denying such things.

Not twisting anything. Marc said 2 things: that Slash lies to make himself look cool, and he also said: 'Slash lies lol' as a reply.

I remember cause I was surprised reading it.

It damages Slash's reputation. It proves that he's capable of denying such things.

Even with vague references to lies that you are twisting to discredit his autobiography, how does that dispute his version of events matching other members?

Did you not read the quote you yourself provided? Oops.

That situation chipped away at the stone that is me; my patience, my dedication, my determination- all of it finally began to give way.

:suspicious:

Edited by Rustycage

I can say the same thing on Axl's thoughts on the matter. Marc supports Axl's view on it as much as if not more as Slash's.

And he actually knows Axl, so what's your point?

He was close to both of them.

Edited by Rovim

I didn't hang out at band practice. The only thing that I can remember was them fighting on who was going to be the second guitar player in the band and what songs they were going to be working on.

I think Axl feels that Slash left him hanging in 1995/1996 and then went out and said a bunch of things to the press pointing the finger at Axl. Axl thinks that a lot of what Slash has said was a lie and I'm sure Slash has said things that Axl knows is not a lie but is still hurt that Slash has said them. There are also a lot of things that Axl and Slash disagree on how they went down. Some of them are simple miss communication between the middle men working between them. So both sides might be telling the truth or what they believe the truth to be is. I'm also pretty sure that Slash has forgotten a lot the things that he said that still anger Axl. There fore until they talk about them nothing will ever be resolve. Axl is waiting for Slash to apologize for things said and Slash has no clue what they even are.

On the autobiography

I don't know if anyone else was in mind to help write it. I only skimmed through it. I did see some things that were wrong as far has dates and stuff like that. I'm not a strong reader and have trouble reading more than 3 or 4 pages at a time. I did read Duffs book and couldn't put it down.

Axl was not happy with Slash leaving, it was a big blow to his plans for the new GNR record. We did talk about it many times and I talked to Slash about it and Slash felt that he had no choice. Slash and Axl had different ideas on who was going to be in the band and what kind of songs were going to be on the record and how the record was going to be made. There was no way he was going to come back and do things Axl's way and there was no way Axl was going to do things Slash's way. Axl was willing to do 3 or 4 of the songs that Slash had but that was not enough to keep Slash around. There were too many other terms that Slash couldn't live with. A Axl solo record I thought would have been a good idea to give Axl all the freedom he needed and I bet Slash would have played on it. That may have saved that lineup if that happened.

Still looking for something that says Slash's version of events is a lie. Can you point to a source that has you doubting Slash and the others or are you relying on the vague, "Slash lies" comment?

Slash version of events changes all the time, Marc said Slash doesn't even remember most of it, and that book was not written only by Slash himself. He was fucked up for a lot of the time back then.

Duff's book is even less credible, cause he admitted he forgot about entire legs of the tour back then.

Marc talked about how Axl's version of the truth is just as valid, maybe you can be as open to the possibility not everything Slash and Duff said was accurate, seeing how they're not that credible when it comes to actually remembering shit from that time, while Axl kept journals of the events like Izzy said, and Axl admitted himself.

You're putting together a picture from only the pieces you want to use. That's not the ideal way imo.