25 Highest Earnings Acts of 2012

Turn_It_Up

This is based on concert sales, is it not? If so, how the hell are AC/DC on there without having played a gig since June 2010? Maybe I'm missing something...

Yes, I wonder the same thing! Maybe because they are so awesome that they don't even need gigs to make money with gigs? :takethat:

This is based on concert sales, is it not? If so, how the hell are AC/DC on there without having played a gig since June 2010? Maybe I'm missing something...

Yes, I wonder the same thing! Maybe because they are so awesome that they don't even need gigs to make money with gigs? :takethat:

Doesn't explain U2 :book:

They did recently put their material on iTunes so that could have possibly have brought in a lot of sales. But still, that would have to be a lot of bank!

Are you sure that's current? Taylor Swift is 13th (which is her lucky number, strangely) and it says "new album Speak Now was certified triple-platinum barely a month after its October release"

Speak Now came out in 2010. Red came out (October) 2012. *sigh*

Maybe it's just an error or maybe the list is old.

The list sounds off based on other things I've read - Madonna had the biggest tour last year, Springsteen and Roger Waters were pretty close behind. Black Ice and 360 Tour were a couple of years ago.

Elton - they prob. didn't even include "Gnomeo and Juliet" which his company produced and did great worldwide, which cost under 40 mil and made 160 mil back. The boutique in Vegas that sells stuff from his shows prob. makes as much as he gets in ticket sales. McCartney gets a cut of the Beatles merch at the Cirque show. The "Spider Man" musical on B-way was produced by Edge and Bono, so they're also getting that money coming in.

I think Taylor toured this year, not sure, but what she gets in record sales is not as much as she got from Target, but at least she shows up on Ellen and makes the rounds to promote, be a good sport and let Ellen goof on her (although you can see an affected diva side starting to come out). I could see her becoming another recluse like Shania.

Edited by dalsh327