Old songs and lyrics lead me to believe that

ceres

There's a clear evolution on the 3 GNR albums. From Appetite to Illusions and from Illusions to Democracy. On very aspects...

I think on the musical aspect, it just got better and better.

And I agree with you tr420. Some people expect Axl to release another Appetite For Destruction, they just seem to forgot that he's not 20 anymore, and have been to some deep shit since then. I'm so glad GNR didn't become the KISSish thing Slash wanted to.

This is hilarious.

What's so funny? It's a good point.

Axl did not have huge hand in writing the music/lyrics of Appetite thru UYI. I mean - look at the quality and intensity of the music and lyrics from those albums. Chinese had none of that musical or lyrical intensity and creativity. (Sure, Axl has legal credit, but without West or Stradlin, he can't compose for shit. Those guys were Axl's Bernie Taupin.)

Does downplaying Axl`s importance and contributions to the band make you a real Guns N`Roses fan ? no Axl no Guns N`Roses deal with it how did things work out with that bloke called Scott Weiland ?

So how does downplaying Guns N Roses contributions to Guns N Roses albums make you a real Guns N Roses fan? Problem? Deal with it...etc etc...

'Axl wrote em all!'

WTF ?

There's a clear evolution on the 3 GNR albums. From Appetite to Illusions and from Illusions to Democracy. On very aspects...

And I agree with you tr420. Some people expect Axl to release another Appetite For Destruction, they just seem to forgot that he's not 20 anymore, and have been to some deep shit since then. I'm so glad GNR didn't become the KISSish thing Slash wanted to.

This is hilarious.

Show me the good point(s).

Axl did not have huge hand in writing the music/lyrics of Appetite thru UYI. I mean - look at the quality and intensity of the music and lyrics from those albums. Chinese had none of that musical or lyrical intensity and creativity. (Sure, Axl has legal credit, but without West or Stradlin, he can't compose for shit. Those guys were Axl's Bernie Taupin.)

Perhaps the most idiotic logic I have ever heard. You cupcakes aren't even trying anymore, it's just "pick a topic and talk shit about Axl." Did you even read what you wrote? Do you realize how dumb it makes you sound? Oh wait, you don't care, you probably rubbed one out because you created this thread in the D&N section.

/thread

The evolution comment is a bit silly since it's clearly two different bands, but he's right about Slash wanting to tuen GNR into what every other classic rock band became: a repetitive machine churning out the exact aame album every 2 years. At least this way GNR has a damn good good songs:shit songs ratio that virtually no other band can claim.

This is hilarious.

Show me the good point(s).

Because he wanted Snakepit to be the next album. Shows that he had no interest in evolving the sound of GNR. (Or working as a team, but that's for another thread)

As for the shit songs ratio, I'm basically saying that I'm glad gnr didn't become like acdc post-BIB releasing generic album after generic album with no memorable songs.

Because he wanted Snakepit to be the next album. Shows that he had no interest in evolving the sound of GNR. (Or working as a team, but that's for another thread)

As for the shit songs ratio, I'm basically saying that I'm glad gnr didn't become like acdc post-BIB releasing generic album after generic album with no memorable songs.

Again, is this just Axl's side of the story that you're repeating as fact? Neither you nor I know what GNR would have become if they hadn't broken up. And by the way, I wouldn't have wanted them to release generic album after generic album, but it would have been better than what has actually happened.

Again, is this just Axl's side of the story that you're repeating as fact? Neither you nor I know what GNR would have become if they hadn't broken up. And by the way, I wouldn't have wanted them to release generic album after generic album, but it would have been better than what has actually happened.

If you prefer quantity over quality maybe

I swear some of you guys are constitutively incapable of answering questions about your blind adherence to the Axl party line.

I agree with brainsaber.

Perhaps the most idiotic logic I have ever heard. You cupcakes aren't even trying anymore, it's just "pick a topic and talk shit about Axl." Did you even read what you wrote? Do you realize how dumb it makes you sound? Oh wait, you don't care, you probably rubbed one out because you created this thread in the D&N section.

Songwriting doesnt come incredibly natural to him the way it does for Izzy. So instead, Axl tries to "cheat" by objectifying the hell of all the pieces/personnel and tinkers with them for years and treats songs like some Frankenstenian experiment until he thinks voila this is a good song. But a lot of times it's long-winded and sanitized. TWAT, Prostitute, and SOD come to mind.

I swear some of you guys are constitutively incapable of answering questions about your blind adherence to the Axl party line.

Knew you'd eventually fall back on that. To be honest, I don't really care for Axl or Slash at this point. The only things that set them apart for me are their respective fanbases here.

Knew you'd eventually fall back on that. To be honest, I don't really care for Axl or Slash at this point. The only things that set them apart for me are their respective fanbases here.

Knew I'd fall back on that? Are you serious? That's now three consecutive responses to my posts where you have neglected to explain why you think Axl's narrative of GNR history is accurate. I love Axl and Slash, but I'll admit their faults. I call bullshit on your claim of neutrality. And you're boring me by not actually participating in conversation when asked questions, so I'll see you around, bud.