AXL ROSE TO SIGN FIRST CERTIFIED AUTOGRAPHS FOR TOPPS

OptimusPrimeNL

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see a problem with Axl doing this as he is leveraging the brand name he owns and his own legacy..I always laugh when people throw the "sellout" word around as these guys have to make money the same as any of us. Who cares if they use their fame to cash in.........

What will be funny to watch is the Axl cultist coming to Axl's defense after all the times they called Slash a sellout for marketing himself.......

I don't see a problem with Axl doing this as he is leveraging the brand name he owns and his own legacy..I always laugh when people throw the "sellout" word around as these guys have to make money the same as any of us. Who cares if they use their fame to cash in.........

What will be funny to watch is the Axl cultist coming to Axl's defense after all the times they called Slash a sellout for marketing himself.......

I think there are two real interesting things here.

One, your Slash sell-out thing is a perfect example. A small group on here bashes Slash for being a sell-out and only being about the money......then they praise Axl for playing a wedding. They destroy Slash when he is photographed with a celebrity, and talk about Axl not playing that game........but then worship Axl for going to a party that was strictly thrown for celebrities. It is quite funny to watch how every opinion they have is tied to how it effects Axl or Slash.

Two..........I agree with your statement that Axl can brand his product however he wants. My only problem would be that he set the bar pretty low with this one. Two members of Winger? Bobbie Brown, not even a band member but a girl who appeared in a couple music videos? That's who Axl is considering his peers????? Rob Beach??? Bobbie Brown???? That's like Aaron Rogers licensing his name to be in a "Great QBs" card set and it featuring Carson Palmer, Gary Hogeboom, Joey Harrington and a cheerleader.

If some exclusive card set came out that feature GnR, Zep, Ozzy, Randy, Jimi and Jagger/Richards..........that would be something entirely different. But to put members of Winger and music video girls at the same level as GnR..........I just don't think that is good marketing or a positive thing for the band. Just my opinion though.

Edited by Groghan

He could always do a Comic Con or NAMM appearance if it was about making easy money. Like I also said before, do what Rollins and Scott Ian do, talk for 2 hours about whatever and get paid, and he'd get to travel light. Don't need to have a book out to do that.

Two..........I agree with your statement that Axl can brand his product however he wants. My only problem would be that he set the bar pretty low with this one. Two members of Winger? Bobbie Brown, not even a band member but a girl who appeared in a couple music videos? That's who Axl is considering his peers????? Rob Beach??? Bobbie Brown???? That's like Aaron Rogers licensing his name to be in a "Great QBs" card set and it featuring Carson Palmer, Gary Hogeboom, Joey Harrington and a cheerleader.

If some exclusive card set came out that feature GnR, Zep, Ozzy, Randy, Jimi and Jagger/Richards..........that would be something entirely different. But to put members of Winger and music video girls at the same level as GnR..........I just don't think that is good marketing or a positive thing for the band. Just my opinion though.

Yeah but why should we care how Axl sells his brand? All I care about is him making new music and could care less if the sells GnR caskets or autographed cards to make a few extra $$$...Same with Rodgers as I am a huge Packer fan and honestly don't care what the man does outside the football field as long as he is not hurting anyone and it does not impact his play..........I will just never understand the "sellout" mentality some fans have........

I would say I'm surprised by how dramatic some members here are being, but I paused and realized what forum I'm on. :)

Ali

And yet you keep coming back with your incessant bitching. Thanks for that. It adds a lot.

Yeah, it's so incessant and unending. And, it's not like that was a little sarcastic jab. Nah, it couldn't have been that. And what you did could be described as bitching about perceived bitching. What does that add?

Ali

Let me get this straight...........it's OK for you to complain about what people post, but not OK for others to do the same? That makes perfect sense.

This isn't HTGTH or a site ran by the band, Ali. The reason this forum is the largest GnR forum on the net is because people don't have to kiss Axl's ass 24/7 like you and Volcano and a couple others do. People are allowed to have an actual OPINION here. If you want a forum where it is praise and worship Axl's every move, why don't you post at HTGTH or at the band's official site??????

Ali, why are you so intolerant of other people's opinions? This isn't an Axl worship site. It's a forum for people to chat about GnR - not just praise Axl and the band's every move. If people like something, they will say something positive. If Axl does something they don't like, they will say so. And that is the reason this forum drawfs the other forums in terms of activity.

As for the actual topic............so for Axl and fans like you, the RnR Hall of Fame is an absolute joke and disgrace..............but baseball cards (with bands like Winger) is awesome and a great career move and a great honor for the band? Wow.

Groghan,

No offense, but I am left to draw no other conclusion but that you don't actually read and fully digest the posts you are responding to. That's the only explanation for the fact your responses to me are filled with nothing but straw-man arguments.

I never said it wasn't o.k. for people to complain about what others may post. Just commenting that it was ironic that someone was complaining and saying my post added nothing, when I don't think their post added anything. My post was just a joke at the at-times overly dramatic nature of how some innocuous things are taken on this board.

I also never said this was a great career move and a great honor for the band. That is yet another straw-man argument on your part.

Ali

This.

I think there are two real interesting things here.

One, your Slash sell-out thing is a perfect example. A small group on here bashes Slash for being a sell-out and only being about the money......then they praise Axl for playing a wedding. They destroy Slash when he is photographed with a celebrity, and talk about Axl not playing that game........but then worship Axl for going to a party that was strictly thrown for celebrities. It is quite funny to watch how every opinion they have is tied to how it effects Axl or Slash.

But at the same time..also this....

This is not nearly the big deal some are making it out to be. If you don't like the cards, don't get them.

As far as Slash, I still can't get over that bedazzled top hat he wore at the Super Bowl. That was just plain irreparably damaging and showed a complete and utter lack of fashion sense on Slash's part. :rofl-lol:

Ali

This is not nearly the big deal some are making it out to be. If you don't like the cards, don't get them.

As far as Slash, I still can't get over that bedazzled top hat he wore at the Super Bowl. That was just plain irreparably damaging and showed a complete and utter lack of fashion sense on Slash's part. :rofl-lol:

Ali

But according to Volcano that would just be an example of Slash evolving and trying something outside his comfort zone of playing the same blues........... ;)

And that hat was not bedazzled as many think as I have the auction catalog where his complete outfit was auctioned off for charity and actually it was covered in metal spikes.............can't get more RnR then that............. :awesomeface:

Edited by classicrawker

Ali

But according to Volcano that would just be an example of Slash evolving and trying something outside his comfort zone of playing the same blues........... ;)

And that hat was not bedazzled as many think as I have the auction catalog where his complete outfit was auctioned off for charity and actually it was covered in metal spikes.............can't get more RnR then that............. :awesomeface:

Really? I thought it was bedazzled from how it looked on TV. O.k. My mistake. A spiked hat is pretty rock and roll.

Ali

Ali

Really? I thought it was bedazzled from how it looked on TV. O.k. My mistake. A spiked hat is pretty rock and roll.

Ali

Easy mistake to make if you look at the distance shots of him in it but here it is

https://www.julienslive.com/view-auctions/catalog/id/21/lot/5081/

I would say I'm surprised by how dramatic some members here are being, but I paused and realized what forum I'm on. :)

Ali

And yet you keep coming back with your incessant bitching. Thanks for that. It adds a lot.

Yeah, it's so incessant and unending. And, it's not like that was a little sarcastic jab. Nah, it couldn't have been that. And what you did could be described as bitching about perceived bitching. What does that add?

Ali

Let me get this straight...........it's OK for you to complain about what people post, but not OK for others to do the same? That makes perfect sense.

This isn't HTGTH or a site ran by the band, Ali. The reason this forum is the largest GnR forum on the net is because people don't have to kiss Axl's ass 24/7 like you and Volcano and a couple others do. People are allowed to have an actual OPINION here. If you want a forum where it is praise and worship Axl's every move, why don't you post at HTGTH or at the band's official site??????

Ali, why are you so intolerant of other people's opinions? This isn't an Axl worship site. It's a forum for people to chat about GnR - not just praise Axl and the band's every move. If people like something, they will say something positive. If Axl does something they don't like, they will say so. And that is the reason this forum drawfs the other forums in terms of activity.

As for the actual topic............so for Axl and fans like you, the RnR Hall of Fame is an absolute joke and disgrace..............but baseball cards (with bands like Winger) is awesome and a great career move and a great honor for the band? Wow.

Groghan,

No offense, but I am left to draw no other conclusion but that you don't actually read and fully digest the posts you are responding to. That's the only explanation for the fact your responses to me are filled with nothing but straw-man arguments.

I never said it wasn't o.k. for people to complain about what others may post. Just commenting that it was ironic that someone was complaining and saying my post added nothing, when I don't think their post added anything. My post was just a joke at the at-times overly dramatic nature of how some innocuous things are taken on this board.

I also never said this was a great career move and a great honor for the band. That is yet another straw-man argument on your part.

Ali

Ali, Ali, Ali.

Nice to see you using the straw-man comment. I thought that went away when Axl played the wedding for money.....but alas, I see you are still going to use it!

You defend everything Axl does. And when people post that they don't agree with something he did, you are always quick to chime in with a negative comment towards that poster. Just like you did in this topic with Daria. And just like you are doing with me. The Axl cultists on here feel the best way to defend Axl is to 1. attack/insult the person not worshipping Axl's every move. 2. bring Slash up. 3. then talk about the actual topic. But the bad thing about number 3 is you usualyl don't actually address the topic - but instead go off on weird side shoots that really aren't important. Anything to deflect attention away from the actual subject.

Don't flatter yourself. Your posts are very easy to understand and digest.

So how about this. Why is it OK for you to make sarcastic comments to people, to bitch about what other people post and to make jokes about posters you disagree with...........but not OK for them to do the same thing? I'm taking words you used. Why aren't others allowed to do the same thing you are - without you complaining about it? You guys love to criticize other posters but then get all pissy when somebody responds.

Two things I've never understood about the Axl worshippers on this forum.

Why they post at a forum where they don't like the general tone of the forum, when there are two well known pro-Axl forums out there? If you went to HTGTH you could worship axl 24/7 and not read a negative thing about anything he does. Yet you choose to stay here, where people speak freely and honestly. Why is that?

And why they spend so much time bitching about what people post and then insulting those people, rather than contributing to the actual topic. And if they think the person is wrong, why don't they have a civilized discussion and show the person why they are wrong - instead of just going into insult mode and Slash is evil mode.

Easy mistake to make if you look at the distance shots of him in it but here it is

https://www.julienslive.com/view-auctions/catalog/id/21/lot/5081/

That hat isn't nearly as bad as thought. It looked so sparkly, but it is actually not bad at all. All the time I was wondering: Slash why!!! :lol:

Now I understand. Thanks for clearing that up to me.

Have no problems with the cards actually. Better company would have been nice though.

Edited by MBRose

Ali

Ali

Groghan,

Ali

Ali, Ali, Ali.

Nice to see you using the straw-man comment. I thought that went away when Axl played the wedding for money.....but alas, I see you are still going to use it!

You defend everything Axl does. And when people post that they don't agree with something he did, you are always quick to chime in with a negative comment towards that poster. Just like you did in this topic with Daria. And just like you are doing with me. The Axl cultists on here feel the best way to defend Axl is to 1. attack/insult the person not worshipping Axl's every move. 2. bring Slash up. 3. then talk about the actual topic. But the bad thing about number 3 is you usualyl don't actually address the topic - but instead go off on weird side shoots that really aren't important. Anything to deflect attention away from the actual subject.

Don't flatter yourself. Your posts are very easy to understand and digest.

So how about this. Why is it OK for you to make sarcastic comments to people, to bitch about what other people post and to make jokes about posters you disagree with...........but not OK for them to do the same thing? I'm taking words you used. Why aren't others allowed to do the same thing you are - without you complaining about it? You guys love to criticize other posters but then get all pissy when somebody responds.

Two things I've never understood about the Axl worshippers on this forum.

Why they post at a forum where they don't like the general tone of the forum, when there are two well known pro-Axl forums out there? If you went to HTGTH you could worship axl 24/7 and not read a negative thing about anything he does. Yet you choose to stay here, where people speak freely and honestly. Why is that?

And why they spend so much time bitching about what people post and then insulting those people, rather than contributing to the actual topic. And if they think the person is wrong, why don't they have a civilized discussion and show the person why they are wrong - instead of just going into insult mode and Slash is evil mode.

Groghan,

Once again you are arguing against points I never made. I made a sarcastic remark directed towards NO ONE in particular that Daria responded to. I offered my counterpoint.

I did not attack or insult anyone. I never brought up Slash (except in another joke with CR which thankfully he seems to have understood was a joke).

Please point out where I said it was not o.k. for others to make "sarcastic comments to people, to bitch about what other people post and to make jokes about posters you disagree with". I don't recall ever stating that.

Finally, and again, I never insulted anyone or said "Slash is evil". Yet you bring those up as if they are relevant to anything I wrote. They are not. Hence the fact that I point you are making a straw man argument.

Ali

Ali

Ali

https://www.juliensl...id/21/lot/5081/

I see it now. Yeah, that's not easy to see from far away.

I honestly didn't care, I was just pointing out an absurd criticism. If anything, I didn't like Fergie's performance that day.

Ali

• 1 year later...