Thinking about buying a watch.

Georgy Zhukov

I'm on my phone now, so can't find you guys any pics, but I'll remember to do it when I get home

Yes - hook me up.

What's your budget? I'm guessing it's below $1k since because of your age - these are some brands that make high quality affordable watches:

Seiko

Tissot

Orient

Victorinox

Citizen

Hamilton

Just don't get one of those awful fashion watches (D&G, Armani, Louis Vuitton, etc.)

I'm on my phone now, so can't find you guys any pics, but I'll remember to do it when I get home

Doesn't your phone have the time?

My phone isn't nearly as cool as my Omega Seamaster.

Yes - hook me up.

What's your budget? I'm guessing it's below $1k since because of your age - these are some brands that make high quality affordable watches:

Seiko

Tissot

Orient

Victorinox

Citizen

Hamilton

Just don't get one of those awful fashion watches (D&G, Armani, Louis Vuitton, etc.)

Way, way below 1K. What's the cheapest, good quality watch you can get? The Orient Mag talked about is on the market for about £80, are there any nicer models?

The Orient Mako is the best bang for your buck. I believe mine cost about 100$ on Amazon. Mags' Orient Bambino is roughly twice the price. The cheapest watch I would wear is the Timex Weekender (around 50$):

timex-weekender-watch.jpg

Edited by Lithium

Guest Len B'stard

I want this

Dan-Pierce-GMT-Master-.jpg

Lith that looks fuckin awful, dont get that, ugh, it looks like the watchmakers equivalent of a flamboyant wrestlers leotard.

@ Mags: Well played!

It's definitely not a watch for all occasions, but I think it would look great during summer - say if you're wearing a casual blue shirt. And I'm not going to get it, it costs like $6k. I think the watch at the top of my list would be the Patek Nautilus.

Patek%20Philippe%20Nautilus%20White%20Di

Edited by Lithium

Guest Len B'stard

Dont do all that money buying something and then get that man, its criminal, it looks like a little boys Captain America watch :lol:

Its like people that lay out all this money on a Bentley or a Lambo and be like 'yknow, i think I'll get it in custard yellow!' :lol:

See that last one is skill :)

Edited by sugaraylen

Yeah, it's definitely not at the top of my list. If I was to buy a watch in that price range, I'd buy something that would look great in all occasions. But I still think it's a cool watch with a cool history. If I was to get a Rolex, it would probably be the Submariner. It definitely wouldn't be an original choice, but it's the world's most popular sports watch for a reason - it's beautiful and it looks just as good with a suit as it does with a pair of shorts.

Rolex-Submariner-Watch-Steel-5.jpg

Guest Len B'stard

The one he had, i ain't looked at it closely in years, was like a grand and a half i think? Y'know what I want? A Breitling Super Avenger, with a chain and none of that fuckin' diamond bollocks.

super_avenger_01.jpg

Exactly that one but with a dark background. Used to own a Hercules but ended up selling it, regret that like a fuckin' bastard though man.

Guest Len B'stard

Perhaps it was Oyster whatsisface then, had that kinda design though. They're smaller than you'd think too, the face of em. There's nothing quite like buying one of em though, with that fuckin' yellow box and the cushion and the certificate de authenticiteeeeeeeeeeeee or however the shit is in french, all that gear, that book that goes on about Bentleys and shit, proper gets me strokin' myself off and that :lol:

Tip though for all you kiddies out there, if you're ever buying a Breitling (i wrote Bentley up there, fuck knows why, although Breitling do the clocks inside Bentleys too) and you're wondering if it's a snide a sure fire way to tell is to point it up at the lights, when it reflects well, cuz of the crystal shit they use to make the face, it should reflect back purple, if it don't it's a snide one.

Edited by sugaraylen

It's a very common look - the Sub has many homages, which means that many less exclusive watch manufacturers make watches that look almost exactly the same as the Sub, but cheaper. I'm pretty sure you won't get a Rolex (and definitely not a Submariner) for 1,5k pounds unless it's vintage, like a used Precision:

1960s-9ct-gold-rolex-precision.jpeg

The best value for money watchis by far the Seiko Sumo (~500$) imo - the finish and the movement are worth a 1000$ watch.

756049d1341538572-seiko-divers-stuck-sei

Other good choices are the Seiko SKX007/009 or, as already mentioned, the Orient Mako.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm going to buy an Omega Speedmaster sooner or later

Speedyprobracelet1.jpg

om0.jpg

Leather strap ftw.

It's a very common look - the Sub has many homages, which means that many less exclusive watch manufacturers make watches that look almost exactly the same as the Sub, but cheaper. I'm pretty sure you won't get a Rolex (and definitely not a Submariner) for 1,5k pounds unless it's vintage, like a used Precision:

1960s-9ct-gold-rolex-precision.jpeg

That is one beautiful dial.