Why was You Know You're Right never released as a single in 1994?

Vincent Vega

Couple of Nirvana questions--

1) Why was You Know You're Right never released as a single in 1994--either before Kurt's death, or after his suicide as a tribute and final single from the band?

2) Were there ever any actual plans to record another album post In Utero, or did Kurt want to disband Nirvana? I've heard about both plans for a post In Utero album, and also that Kurt actually just wanted to break up the band. Which is the truth?

simple answer.......$$$$$$$

there was no need to release it while he was alive....they were still milking "In Utero."

As soon as he was dead, whatever was in the vault was instant gold. Cunt-y Love and the remaining members and the label fought bitterly over the rights for almost a decade.

Edited by estrangedtwat

simple answer.......$$$$$$$

there was no need to release it while he was alive....they were still milking "In Utero."

As soon as he was dead, whatever was in the vault was instant gold. Cunt-y Love and the remaining members and the label fought bitterly over the rights for almost a decade.

It's always good to have new product out though, and they were touring--You Know You're Right would've been good to release on the eve of the tour.

It'd have been nice for it to have been released in Cobain's lifetime. It and Do Re Mi are indications that he was only improving in his songwriting as time went on.

rt described it to Kourtney as a sick AIC song. This is the only clue to his intentions. He was probably going to stick to the AcDC format albums. It would have been sad to see a chubby kurt flogging around the world with a beer gut playing the hits.

rt described it to Kourtney as a sick AIC song. This is the only clue to his intentions. He was probably going to stick to the AcDC format albums. It would have been sad to see a chubby kurt flogging around the world with a beer gut playing the hits.

.Ahem

i didnt expect anyone to spot that.

But kurt had to die to stay beautiful. Axl is probably drinking miller lite out of bikini models as we speaks.

I thought it was? Didn't Dave Grohl touch up the music and put Kurts vocal on it? I know I've heard it on US radio, because that's how I know what song your refering to. I'm not a Nirvana fan, so radio would be the only way I heard it.

It was several years after Cobain's death.

Why would one release every song the instant they finish them as they work on a new album?

If the band or owner of the publishing is smart they wouldnt release it all at once.

The OP was asking it the song was released as single, I dont know if it was officially released,or just put into regular rotation for a few months. But it was definatly played on the radio.

I thought it was? Didn't Dave Grohl touch up the music and put Kurts vocal on it? I know I've heard it on US radio, because that's how I know what song your refering to. I'm not a Nirvana fan, so radio would be the only way I heard it.

It was several years after Cobain's death.

Why would one release every song the instant they finish them as they work on a new album?

It was a case of booking a few days of studio time and Kurt having some song ideas. For all they knew, it was a possible B-side, something for a soundtrack, radio station.record company compilation, etc.

In Utero was only out for a few months when they recorded it, they had just done Unplugged, and were supposed to do a video for All Apologies after the Europe tour.

Did Kurt want to disband Nirvana? Krist is probably the only one that would know, I don't know if Courtney is the most reliable as far as that goes.