New Dizzy Interview in the Maitland Mercury.

2x4

Its pretty common thing to say but the old guys were a wreck and the bucket line ups were eccentic. Youve got a pretty solid group of guys who arent junkies or whack jobs.

If that's where he's coming from then yeah I'd have to agree. However I'd prefer the words "most solid" or "most stable" as opposed to "strongest"

from a musicians point of view Ron and Slash are equal. They dont seem to see each other as superoir.

From every point of view, one dude covers the other dude's songs night in and night out.

From every point of view, only one dude can cover the other dude's songs and that's why the other dude is gone. Must have sucked not being able to pull off something beyond the pentatonic scale.
Pentatonic scale or not. Bumblefoot wouldn't have material to cover if Slash and Izzy wouldn't have written the material for AFD and The Illusions. Simple as that. Even if you hate it, Slash/Izzy wrote the material that was recorded on the most successful Gn'R records and records that are established as "Guns N' Roses". What happened with Chinese? Buckethead is a great guitarist but nobody appreciated his talent because Guns N' Roses never was a band where the guitar player had to play 1000 notes per second to be considered "good".

I know it hurts you deep inside that Slash wrote a big chunk of that "simple" material that everyone seems to love. And almost everything he wrote in Guns was based on that simple, horrible, awful "pentatonic scale". :lol:

Nope it doesnt hurt me deeply at all. I love Slash's contributions to the band as much as you do. I was a teenage guitar player that worshipped ever note he played as well as Izzy. Its just obvious that he couldnt grow at the time with the band and it was best he left. There's no way that band would have put out another good album. Especially knowing what Snakepit sounded like along with every other album slash has put out. Not one song has been near good enough to be a GnR song. I love Chinese Democracy and as a fan it's exactly what I wanted it to sound like with awesome contributions from Bumblefoot. It just should have come out 2002.

Also... Joe Satriani recommended Bumblefoot. Bumblefoot would be doing something today if he wasnt in GnR.

Edited by tr420

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The MAITLAND MERCURY?! :lol:

Sorry, it's just funny.... that's the small town newspaper that used to get delivered to my house every day when I grew up. Never thought I'd see a dizzy interview in the Mercury... ha!

Hahahahaha. I was actually pretty surprised when I hears they were doing an interview with Dizzy. I used to ride past their tiny little building everyday on my push bike along the very quiet streets of Maitland.

Its pretty common thing to say but the old guys were a wreck and the bucket line ups were eccentic. Youve got a pretty solid group of guys who arent junkies or whack jobs.

If that's where he's coming from then yeah I'd have to agree. However I'd prefer the words "most solid" or "most stable" as opposed to "strongest"

from a musicians point of view Ron and Slash are equal. They dont seem to see each other as superoir.

From every point of view, one dude covers the other dude's songs night in and night out.

From every point of view, only one dude can cover the other dude's songs and that's why the other dude is gone. Must have sucked not being able to pull off something beyond the pentatonic scale.
Pentatonic scale or not. Bumblefoot wouldn't have material to cover if Slash and Izzy wouldn't have written the material for AFD and The Illusions. Simple as that. Even if you hate it, Slash/Izzy wrote the material that was recorded on the most successful Gn'R records and records that are established as "Guns N' Roses". What happened with Chinese? Buckethead is a great guitarist but nobody appreciated his talent because Guns N' Roses never was a band where the guitar player had to play 1000 notes per second to be considered "good".

I know it hurts you deep inside that Slash wrote a big chunk of that "simple" material that everyone seems to love. And almost everything he wrote in Guns was based on that simple, horrible, awful "pentatonic scale". :lol:

Nope it doesnt hurt me deeply at all. I love Slash's contributions to the band as much as you do. I was a teenage guitar player that worshipped ever note he played as well as Izzy. Its just obvious that he couldnt grow at the time with the band and it was best he left. There's no way that band would have put out another good album. Especially knowing what Snakepit sounded like along with every other album slash has put out. Not one song has been near good enough to be a GnR song. I love Chinese Democracy and as a fan it's exactly what I wanted it to sound like with awesome contributions from Bumblefoot. It just should have come out 2002.

Slash was a huge inspiration for me as a student of guitar playing when I was around 12 but I wanted to evolve and learn new techniques and it was painfully obvious I wasn't going to learn anything from Slash.

In time I realised he wasn't really a good guitar player at all.

Everyone should be thankful that Axl and Izzy guided him to bring us records like AFD and UYI.

I actually think Slash is way better now. I remember him sucking so bad at award shows. His solos for songs like November Rain were painful. Sounded like a 13 year old kid playing out of a cheap amp at guitar center.... the string bends were atrocious. I hear him play old gnr stuff now and its not bad at all.

Also... Joe Satriani recommended Bumblefoot. Bumblefoot would be doing something today if he wasnt in GnR.

But you gotta remember one thing, Axl wanted Slash in the band, even after he left. It was just conflict between what Axl wanted and what Slash wanted, not skills. Axl wanted to work in 4 Snakepit songs. And yeah, I know the material Slash has released after his departure of Guns isn't that impressive but that's subjective, some like it, some don't. I think every album has some good killer tunes. Chinese Democracy as it is now, wasn't Axl first intention. He was working on something else in the late 90s.

Whoever recommended Bumblefoot is irrelevant to the discussion. I'm not saying Bumblefoot is not a good guitarist, I've said this before but I would kill to know half of the things he knows as a guitarist. He's just in a band, since 2006 where his contributions are non-existent. So, in the grand scheme of things, he's just relying on covering Slash's or Izzy's riffs and solos.

Remember we're discussing what Slash did in Guns N' Roses, not what Slash "would've done" after TSI? was released.

Everyone should be thankful that Axl and Izzy guided him to bring us records like AFD and UYI.

Nobody guided Slash to write his material. It was a collaborative effort (at least AFD), even Axl himself said this. Remember that Axl thanked Slash in the booklet for Estranged and praise Slash's work from 1987 to 1994, so your argument is invalid. If you wanna join the civil discussion we're having, bring something relevant, not your stupid recycled "I hate Slash" bullshit. Thanks.

From every point of view, the other dude doesn't have to make a career covering other musician's work to establish success. Must have sucked being reduced to a sock puppet to have any relevancy in his career.

Oh yeah I agree. It must suck to be Myles.
Why would it suck to be Myles? He sings his own songs too and he had a good career before working with Slash. Are you trying to say that Alter Bridge is not a well respected band? I never heard their material but they have a big fanbase.
God Alter Bridge is kinda horrible. And isnt or wasnt Alter Bridge basically Creed? The only songs I ever heard sounded like creed maybe with a better singer. So they basically have Creed's following. So that basically means without the legacy that Axl Rose, Slash and Creed created ..... where would Myles be? Not that I hold that against him because im not a retard dickhead.... just responding to the criticism of Bumblefoot. Edited by tr420

But you gotta remember one thing, Axl wanted Slash in the band, even after he left. It was just conflict between what Axl wanted and what Slash wanted, not skills. Axl wanted to work in 4 Snakepit songs. And yeah, I know the material Slash has released after his departure of Guns isn't that impressive but that's subjective, some like it, some don't. I think every album has some good killer tunes. Chinese Democracy as it is now, wasn't Axl first intention. He was working on something else in the late 90s.

Whoever recommended Bumblefoot is irrelevant to the discussion. I'm not saying Bumblefoot is not a good guitarist, I've said this before but I would kill to know half of the things he knows as a guitarist. He's just in a band, since 2006 where his contributions are non-existent. So, in the grand scheme of things, he's just relying on covering Slash's or Izzy's riffs and solos.

Remember we're discussing what Slash did in Guns N' Roses, not what Slash "would've done" after TSI? was released.

>Everyone should be thankful that Axl and Izzy guided him to bring us records like AFD and UYI.

Nobody guided Slash to write his material. It was a collaborative effort (at least AFD), even Axl himself said this. Remember that Axl thanked Slash in the booklet for Estranged and praise Slash's work from 1987 to 1994, so your argument is invalid. If you wanna join the civil discussion we're having, bring something relevant, not your stupid recycled "I hate Slash" bullshit. Thanks.

Listen hypocrite you want to bring up recycled bullshit? Everyone just has to read your posts about someone being fat and bloated every single day.

Who do you think pushed and inspired Slash to do Estranged? That's right shut it.

Edited by volcano62

Axl fans like to re-write history. Unfortunate for them that Axl had little input on Appetite, GN'R's most successful record.

How come he has the largest share of the royalties for that album then or at least he did before he gave some up to appease Steven.

Edited by alfierose

Because he had one of his fits. Originally it was going to be 20% each. Axl didn't write a single note on afd. Also the whole album is, anti-Axl, in the way it was conceived: raw and recorded in 30 days. Axl likes to spend years working on stuff and likes silly overdubs.

Axl fans like to re-write history. Unfortunate for them that Axl had little input on Appetite, GN'R's most successful record.

How come he has the largest share of the royalties for that album then or at least he did before he gave some up to appease Steven.

Because Slash fans like to re-write history and make it seem Slash was more important than he actually was.

Name one riff Axl wrote on appetite.

I can give you plenty Slash wrote (scom, rq, wttj, pc).

Axl didn't do much on appetite. He just supllied a few of the lyrics. The majority of the record was composed by Izzy and Slash (with Duff chipping in). This is fact.

Yet none of you could come up with an excuse as to why Axl had over 40% on the writing of AFD in Slash's formula. They know shit, but they talk openly about it as if they were Slash's friends.

"The less people know about something, the stronger their opinion is"

That applies to all of the non GnR fans on this board.

Edited by Bruno Poeys

Axl didn't do much on appetite. He just supllied a few of the lyrics. The majority of the record was composed by Izzy and Slash (with Duff chipping in). This is fact.

01. Welcome To The Jungle

- Rose, Slash

02. It's So Easy

- McKagan, West Arkeen

03. Nightrain

- Rose, Stradlin, McKagan, Slash

04. Out Ta Get Me

- Rose, Stradlin, Slash

05. Mr Brownstone

- Stradlin, Slash

06. Paradise City

- Rose, Stradlin, Slash, McKagan

07. My Michelle

- Rose, Stradlin

08. Think About You

- Stradlin, Slash

09. Sweet Child O' Mine

- Rose, Stradlin, Slash

10. Your Crazy

- Rose, Stradlin, Slash

11. Anything Goes

- Rose, Stradlin, Chris Webber

12 Rocket Queen

- Rose, Slash, McKagan

Notice Rose and Stradlin are mostly 1 and 2?

Axl had 25%. The meeting when they decided this is well documented. Axl was going to throw a hissy fit if Steven got 20%. 40% is merely a figure you have pulled out of your arse (or MSL's arse).

- Rose, Slash

02. It's So Easy
- McKagan, West Arkeen

03. Nightrain

04. Out Ta Get Me
- Rose, Stradlin, Slash

05. Mr Brownstone
- Stradlin, Slash

06. Paradise City

07. My Michelle
- Rose, Stradlin

08. Think About You
- Stradlin, Slash

09. Sweet Child O' Mine
- Rose, Stradlin, Slash

10. Your Crazy
- Rose, Stradlin, Slash

11. Anything Goes

12 Rocket Queen
- Rose, Slash, McKagan

That is just becuase of the lyrics you idiot. Also, what the hell did Slash do on TAY? That song is all Stradlin.

Axl had 25%. The meeting when they decided this is well documented. Axl was going to throw a hissy fit if Steven got 20%. 40% is merely a figure you have pulled out of your arse (or MSL's arse).

- Rose, Slash

02. It's So Easy

- McKagan, West Arkeen

03. Nightrain

04. Out Ta Get Me

- Rose, Stradlin, Slash

05. Mr Brownstone

- Stradlin, Slash

06. Paradise City

07. My Michelle

- Rose, Stradlin

08. Think About You

- Stradlin, Slash

09. Sweet Child O' Mine

- Rose, Stradlin, Slash

10. Your Crazy

- Rose, Stradlin, Slash

11. Anything Goes

12 Rocket Queen

- Rose, Slash, McKagan

That is just becuase of the lyrics you idiot. Also, what the hell did Slash do on TAY? That song is all Stradlin.

Slash must have helped with arrangements. Also i heard the song is not about a girl but about drugs :awesomeface:

This is a ridiculous argument. No one from the original band has downplayed Axl's contributions. I think Slash has stated that Axl wrote 41% of AFD, how much he contributed melody wise probably can't be proven but I very much doubt it was nothing, they worked on these songs whilst performing them live and honing them. There are a lot of things that Axl can be called out on but this isn't one of them.

>Everyone should be thankful that Axl and Izzy guided him to bring us records like AFD and UYI.

Listen hypocrite you want to bring up recycled bullshit? Everyone just has to read your posts about someone being fat and bloated every single day.

Who do you think pushed and inspired Slash to do Estranged? That's right shut it.

Let me know when I try to join a civil discussion with my "old recycled bullshit", you stupid RETURNED member.

It doesn't matter who pushed Slash. It's common knowledge that Estranged is an Axl's song but then he asked Slash to write the solos and he did an awesome job, I believe awesome enough that Axl thanked him in the booklet. Why? 2 options: Either he was really surprised with what Slash came up or Axl is an idiot. You make the choice.