How often do you change your strings?

I usually just wait til I break one, or until the strings just physically are incapable of holding tune. They have to be pretty shitty for me to change them without a break, some of mine haven't been changed in years. I have 18 guitars, I can't afford to change them often. A buddy of mine used to change his once a month...freak...

I re-string my primary guitar about 3 or 4 days before a show, if there's a stretch where I'm playing every weekend I'll usually end up changing them every 2 or 3 weeks. I'm a lot more lazy about my other guitar, I just change it's strings out as they break.

Question why the fuck did you need 18? I mean surely at that point you'd probably have seconds of guitars you already have no? Or you'd just end up playing like the same 5 if that guitars.

Variety. I like collecting. Some are really rare, some I just wanted, etc. Some people get married, some fuck lots of other people. Whereas I am monogamous on the relationship front, I am a man whore on the guitar front. I have 1 or 2 in standard, the rest in Eb.

I downsized my guitar collection slightly. It wasn't at 18 though. :lol: It was at six - four electrics, two acoustics. I've sold one of each.

I'm the same way as you. I only restring if I break one or if it won't stay in tune. Similarly, if the action gets bad and I've got to do some adjustments then I'll use that time to restring too. Otherwise, I don't restring them half as much as I should.

I downsized my guitar collection slightly. It wasn't at 18 though. :lol: It was at six - four electrics, two acoustics. I've sold one of each.

I'm the same way as you. I only restring if I break one or if it won't stay in tune. Similarly, if the action gets bad and I've got to do some adjustments then I'll use that time to restring too. Otherwise, I don't restring them half as much as I should.

I can't sell guitars, I get too attached to them. There's 2, maybe 3 or 4 I could part with if I had to, but I have a legitimate attachment to almost all of them. If I play shows with a guitar, I'm attached, if I got a particularly amazing deal on it, I'm attached.

Part of me is attached, but the other part of me realizes I hadn't picked up the two I sold in ages so I figured I could use the extra money for something that's just going to collect dust. I no longer have the first guitar I learned on so I got past the attachment early on. I'm trying to me more concise with my equipment these days. There was a time where I was getting a bit carried away, especially with pedals. Now I try to limit it to exactly what I need.

The only other guitar I want is a high end Gibson Les Paul, which I plan on saving for in the summertime.

I'm with Johnny though - I remember you posted pictures of your massive collection before. Let's see it again. ;)

Looking good! I'll have to get some new pictures of my much smaller collection. :lol:

High end LP? What like as in a Black Beauty or Signature model or something? IMO I don't think I've seen many guitars more beautiful than the AFD Slash Les Paul.

Black Beauty is my top choice, but I'd settle for a top Classic or Traditional, preferably in Tobbaco burst which is my favorite finish for an LP.

My Epiphone AFD Les Paul looks, plays, and sounds beautiful, but I want a Gibson for the collection. I probably should have just got the Gibson AFD when it first got released. It was like $2500 or a bit less on MusiciansFriend I think. Not ridiculous for a signature LP but at the time I was trying to save some money.

When I put new strings on my guitars, I usualy do 2 months with a set 0.11 , but when I have gigs with the band I do change them way more times.

Just clean the strings after practice or shows with a cloth or something. just to try and remove skin and sweat.