GN'R's best and worst songs (lyrically)?

Vincent Vega

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

Estranged

Prostitite

Catcher in the Rye

Breakdown

Locomotive

All excellent lyrics and massive songs.

Anything goes

Sweet Child O' Mine

IRS

Madagascar

So Fine

All great songs (IRS is one of my favourite songs ever) but lyrically very basic/generic, which is fine because they're mostly very straight forward songs.

I like brownstone, prostitute and twat, nov rain and civil war.

i think jungle is cheesy but what a great song

"Bring you to your sha na na na knees knees"

get in the ring rants are now dated.

And someone mentioned tge ass sucking quote from shotgun blues.

Worst all time ever"shoot that cat again so he will stop moaning" worthy has to be THIS I LOVE.

shortly after that Silkworms and then a toss up between CD and Rhiad.

Rolling up there with the WINNERS in the STUPID LYRICS CATAGORY: BETTER , IRS , , My World

Best all time sentiment "get you laid every time when you sing it to the girls: SWEET CHILD OF MINE. Dont Cry and November Rain.

Great Lyrics: BREAK DOWN, COMA, ESTRANGED and November Rain.

• 7 months later...
Welcome to the jungleWe've got fun 'n' gamesWe got everything you wantHoney, we know the namesWe are the people that can findWhatever you may needIf you got the money, honeyWe got your diseaseCHORUS:In the jungleWelcome to the jungleWatch it bring you to yourknees, kneesI wanna watch you bleedWelcome to the jungleWe take it day by dayIf you want it you're gonna bleedBut it's the price you payAnd you're a very sexy girlThat's very hard to pleaseYou can taste the bright lightsBut you won't get them for freeIn the jungleWelcome to the jungleFeel my, my, my serpentineI, I wanna hear you screamWelcome to the jungleIt gets worse here everydayYa learn ta live like an animalIn the jungle where we playIf you got a hunger for what you seeYou'll take it eventuallyYou can have anything you wantBut you better not take it from meCHORUSAnd when you're high you neverEver want to come down, YEAH!You know where you areYou're in the jungle babyYou're gonna dieIn the jungleWelcome to the jungleWatch it bring you to yourknees, kneesIn the jungleWelcome to the jungleFeel my, my, my serpentineIn the jungleWelcome to the jungleWatch it bring you to yourknees, kneesIn the jungleWelcome to the jungleWatch it bring you to yourIt' gonna bring you down-HA!

http://www.mygnr.com/lyrics/2-1.html

I wanted to sample one section of this, but then I saw another, and then the other; Each verse has a legendary lyric in it. From

We've got fun 'n' gamesWe got everything you wantHoney, we know the namesWe are the people that can findWhatever you may needIf you got the money, honeyWe got your disease

to

We take it day by dayIf you want it you're gonna bleedBut it's the price you payAnd you're a very sexy girlThat's very hard to pleaseYou can taste the bright lightsBut you won't get them for free

&

It gets worse here everydayYa learn ta live like an animalIn the jungle where we playIf you got a hunger for what you seeYou'll take it eventuallyYou can have anything you wantBut you better not take it from me