What is GN'R's best album?

Vincent Vega

110 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This poll proves the weirdness of this forum. Ask 100 people out there what the best GNR album is, and no way the majority will answer CD like in here.

I don't even consider CD to be GnR album..It's Axl's SOLO PROJECT!!

The best GNR album is Chinese Democracy as it's closest to perfection. Unmatched depth and consistency. A melting pot of great songs. Instrumentally mindblowing.

Then Appetite. Great songs, less depth.

The Illusions contain some of GNR's finest moments but from an album standpoint are the weakest. An abundance of filler material.

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

"Chinese Democracy as it's closest to perfection."-NGOG

Are you serious dude????

Edited by gunnari
  • Like 1

Guest NGOG

That is merely my view, and one that I expressed over a year ago. For me, Appetite, in the context of its straight-rock style (inb4 Chinese Democracy must be gay), has very little filler. UYI, while it has great moments, has a lot of half-ideas. Personally, I feel that Chinese Democracy attempts to be innovative, and has very little filler.

That's just how I feel personally. Don't get upset that somebody's ears are wired differently.

• Like 1

In the end, as much as I like to believe otherwise, AFD is THE GNR album. UYI are great and contain my favorite songs, but as a whole AFD is superior. Lies is ok for what it is, same for TSI. CD is not really GNR. It's more Axl copying and pasting instrumental tracks from musicians he hired to play. Better and TWAT are good songs, the rest is mediocre to bad. One of the worst attempts at trying to sound modern and alternative I've ever heard. Stick to rock n' roll and piano ballads Ax, it's the best you can do.

CD is the only album with 90% filler.

Not sure how you can say that. Whether you like Axl's lyrics or not he is putting his all into them on CD. Same with the musicians, nothing on there is just thrown together to make a riff or a solo.[/quote

]

Filler? Are u on crystal? More complex and mature material would be right to claim.

The best GNR album is Chinese Democracy as it's closest to perfection. Unmatched depth and consistency. A melting pot of great songs. Instrumentally mindblowing.

Then Appetite. Great songs, less depth.

The Illusions contain some of GNR's finest moments but from an album standpoint are the weakest. An abundance of filler material.

All of THIS.

How CD can be ranked higher than either UYI just blows my mind. Really?

I voted UYI I because it contains some of GN'R's most rocking songs. It also has November Rain which contains Slash's greatest solo of all time. The epic monster Coma, balls to the wall rocker/metal Perfect Crime, etc etc. The only songs I tend to skip are LALD, The Garden, and Bad Obsession.

I usually count both Illusions as one album so if I could, I'd just vote UYI as a whole.

• Like 1

This poll proves the weirdness of this forum. Ask 100 people out there what the best GNR album is, and no way the majority will answer CD like in here.

You'll see the same on any band's forum though. If you ask 100 people on the street what the best Metallica album is, it'll probably be 50/50 between the Black Album and Master of Puppets. If you make a thread on a Metallica forum, you'll see a hell of a lot more votes for Ride the Lightning and ...And Justice for All. That's just the way hardcore fans work.

Seeing as you voted UYI II, I'm willing to bet if you asked 100 people on the street their favorite GNR album, the vast majority would say Appetite and not even know what UYI is.

I voted AFD.

To be fair this would be the case on most U2 forums. Do this poll on a U2 forum and Achtung Baby is likely to gain more votes than all the other albums combined but ask the general public and Joshua Tree likely wins. Having said that Achtung Baby and Joshua Tree are both iconic albums among the greatest of all time where as AFD is one of the greatest and most iconic albums ever whileChinese Democarcy is considerd a joke by the general public as well as a large portion of the actual GnR fanbase so......... I know personal taste is subjective but in this case I honestly believe people choosing CD as the best GnR album ever simply do so as a trolling tactic. Nobody actually believes it's GnR's best album.

• Like 2

You'll see the same on any band's forum though. If you ask 100 people on the street what the best Metallica album is, it'll probably be 50/50 between the Black Album and Master of Puppets. If you make a thread on a Metallica forum, you'll see a hell of a lot more votes for Ride the Lightning and ...And Justice for All. That's just the way hardcore fans work.

Seeing as you voted UYI II, I'm willing to bet if you asked 100 people on the street their favorite GNR album, the vast majority would say Appetite and not even know what UYI is.

I voted AFD.

To be fair this would be the case on most U2 forums. Do this poll on a U2 forum and Achtung Baby is likely to gain more votes than all the other albums combined but ask the general public and Joshua Tree likely wins. Having said that Achtung Baby and Joshua Tree are both iconic albums among the greatest of all time where as AFD is one of the greatest and most iconic albums ever whileChinese Democarcy is considerd a joke by the general public as well as a large portion of the actual GnR fanbase so......... I know personal taste is subjective but in this case I honestly believe people choosing CD as the best GnR album ever simply do so as a trolling tactic. Nobody actually believes it's GnR's best album.

The poll like that coz the old bands not active most members are here who are more into Nugnr

The illusions get no love, some incredible moments on those albums, I thought the consistent channel of Appetite's rocking out would edge it out, and who can argue, what a fucking debut, but UYI is outstanding stuff. CD is clearly a division of a record for obvious reasons, I think it's very goddamn good but with only one GNR member and him not having the various other personnel shine on anything else, it loses a lot of its luster for me, it's more of a novelty cause it isn't a real piece of GNR cause there is no further reference to the thing, as good a record alone as it is imo. Surprised it has so many votes, even though I fucking love it, the other albums are clear slices of a GNR cohesion.

I voted AFD.

The poll like that coz the old bands not active most members are here who are more into Nugnr

Imagine that huh?