What is GN'R's best album?

Vincent Vega

110 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

CD is the only album with 90% filler.

+1

There's some filler on the UYIs; Anything Goes is IMO filler on AFD, Lies has no filler...But the amount of filler on those albums is nothing compared to CD...At least half of CD could've been tossed out.

CD is the only album with 90% filler.

+1

There's some filler on the UYIs; Anything Goes is IMO filler on AFD, Lies has no filler...But the amount of filler on those albums is nothing compared to CD...At least half of CD could've been tossed out.

I guess you people have a different definition of filler than me. I always thought fillers were just songs thrown together to take up space on a album, or just a failed attempt at writing a song when the creative well is dry. I don't view anything on CD as such. Alot of people don't like songs like Sorry but Axl is defininately invested in the song and it's message.

Edited by ShadowOfTheWave

AFD>UYI 1 (can put both on equal ground if I want to)> UYI 2> Lies> TSI? > CD

Filler:

AFD - Anything Goes

Lies - Nothing

UYI 1 - LALD, Bad Apples (LALD isn't that bad, I just feel only one cover was necessary)

UYI 2 - Get in the Ring/Shotgun Blues (pretty self-explanatory), Don't Cry Alt (love it, but should have been a B-side or live treat instead)

TSI? - Nothing

CD - Scraped, Riad and because of crap production CITR.

This poll proves the weirdness of this forum. Ask 100 people out there what the best GNR album is, and no way the majority will answer CD like in here.

You'll see the same on any band's forum though. If you ask 100 people on the street what the best Metallica album is, it'll probably be 50/50 between the Black Album and Master of Puppets. If you make a thread on a Metallica forum, you'll see a hell of a lot more votes for Ride the Lightning and ...And Justice for All. That's just the way hardcore fans work.

Seeing as you voted UYI II, I'm willing to bet if you asked 100 people on the street their favorite GNR album, the vast majority would say Appetite and not even know what UYI is.

I voted AFD.

Edited by bacardimayne

Filler songs on each album:

AFD: Out ta Get Me, My Michelle, Anything Goes

Lies: none

UYI 1: Right Next Door to Hell, Live and Let Die, You Ain't the First, Double Talkin' Jive, Garden of Eden, Bad Apples, Dead Horse

UYI 2: Get in the Ring, Shotgun Blues, So Fine

TSI: everything

CD: Chinese Democracy, Shackler's Revenge, Scraped, Sorry

Edited by bacardimayne

The best GNR album is Chinese Democracy as it's closest to perfection. Unmatched depth and consistency. A melting pot of great songs. Instrumentally mindblowing.

Then Appetite. Great songs, less depth.

The Illusions contain some of GNR's finest moments but from an album standpoint are the weakest. An abundance of filler material.

• 1 year later...