Bumblefoot Appreciation Thread

Coma16

Just trying to figure what what BBF's done to deserve an appreciation thread? Can't really think of anything except he's been a loyal lap dog who consistently goes for $$ - so if we appreciate a spineless, sellout who's in it for the payday -- way to go BBF, job well done :facepalm:

Just trying to figure what what BBF's done to deserve an appreciation thread? Can't really think of anything except he's been a loyal lap dog who consistently goes for $$ - so if we appreciate a spineless, sellout who's in it for the payday -- way to go BBF, job well done :facepalm:

I suppose you can name a famous musician that isn't in it for the money?

I like Bumble, he can be little prickly sometimes but we're all like that, you never see that side of the others bar Tommy... the rest of the guys are great but they really have very little to say. Bumbles my favourite current guy for his honesty, his raucous rhythm and lead playing (he "gets" what gnr should sound like) and his geeky sense of humour. I know he can sometimes go overboard with the off the wall atonal tapping but besides that he is a fantastic player. Buckets a fine player but just too weird, Guns aren't taken serious now... but they would be a complete laughing stock if they still had Bucket in the band no matter how amazing he is, and he is jaw-droppingly good let's not forget get that.

Edited by Tom2112
  • Like 1

Axl

Axl
Shush, nutter.

sorry to break it to you buddy, but bumble's only famous in mygnr and htgth -- to the casual rock or music fan, they don't know who the fuck BBF is other than he's one of the guys that replaced slash if they even know he's in GnR -- and yes, I guess most famous musicians would like to make a living playing music -- but typically said famous musicians make their $$ off their own music, not playing other people's -- especially for 8 fucking years -- sorry but the guy's got no redeeming qualities IMO

sorry to break it to you buddy, but bumble's only famous in mygnr and htgth -- to the casual rock or music fan, they don't know who the fuck BBF is other than he's one of the guys that replaced slash if they even know he's in GnR -- and yes, I guess most famous musicians would like to make a living playing music -- but typically said famous musicians make their $$ off their own music, not playing other people's -- especially for 8 fucking years -- sorry but the guy's got no redeeming qualities IMO
:lol: Why fo you speak when it's so obvious that you have no clue what you're talking about? You're saying that you wouldn't stay and make money in a band that allows you complete freedom to do whatever you want outside of it? Yeah, everyone that replaces Slash should be crucified, right? Nobody should be willing to play with Axl a couple months a year, because it shows a serious lack of integrity. That's ridiculous. I see no reason why these people shouldn't exploit the Guns name. Axl isn't using it for much else, and he's the only one that can change that.

He's a bit of a generic shredder I guess, but he's a great player with a great personality and most importantly, he meshes incredibly well with the band. Him and Fortus go hard.

Him and fortus "go hard" is there a mygnr new scoop here?

:lol: Why fo you speak when it's so obvious that you have no clue what you're talking about? You're saying that you wouldn't stay and make money in a band that allows you complete freedom to do whatever you want outside of it? Yeah, everyone that replaces Slash should be crucified, right? Nobody should be willing to play with Axl a couple months a year, because it shows a serious lack of integrity. That's ridiculous. I see no reason why these people shouldn't exploit the Guns name. Axl isn't using it for much else, and he's the only one that can change that.

Again, I was just wondering what BBF ever did to deserve an appreciation thread? according to you it's because he does a hell of a job exploiting the GnR name.....

He has a small fanbase who enjoy his music, and specially South American fans who will love whoever is on stage with Axl. He's a good guitar player and musician overall, sucks at composing. He's a down to Earth, humble guy. I can see why people appreciate him. Does he deserve it? In my opinion, No. He has the speed but seems uncappable of writing a memorable song. He also added stupid parts all over CD. All my opinion of course.

Again, I was just wondering what BBF ever did to deserve an appreciation thread? according to you it's because he does a hell of a job exploiting the GnR name.....
According to me, it's his whole solo career and the amount of charity work he does. Don't try speaking for me when you suck so bad at doing it for yourself.

Spread the word, guys! Let everyone know who Ron Thal is.

Go ahead, I have better things to do than worry about who's heard of who. :shrugs:
I do. :shrugs:
You do what? Let everyone know who Ron is? You must be the life of the party. :shrugs:

Yes, I am. :shrugs:

We should hang out so you can tell me everything about Ron. how do your conversations normally go?

Go ahead, I have better things to do than worry about who's heard of who. :shrugs:
You do what? Let everyone know who Ron is? You must be the life of the party. :shrugs:

We should hang out so you can tell me everything about Ron. how do your conversations normally go?

Smoothly.

Smoothly.

What exactly about Ron do you talk about? Especially when you're in line at the grocery store. How does the 96 year old coupon lady in front of you respond when you start praising Ron to her? Which of Ron's virtues seems to be the best ice breaker? Since you're a pro and all.

He seems to be the only member of the band who is concerned with driving GNR forward. Pit(t)man, while clearly godly, would prefer to rest on the laurels of GNR's history (see here). Obviously Dj would like to become part of GNR's discography, but given the publicity it provides him, he is in no rush to pressure Axl. Tommy has had brief moments of genuinely being excited - ala that moment he had with Axl during a 2006 rendition of There Was A Time - but now it just seems to be about maintaining a payday. They all seem to eventually become resigned to the unconventional way GNR operates. Fortus is unabashed about GNR being a job, and clearly it provides some very worthy experiences (i.e. nailing Kat Benzova). Frank is an average rock drummer who scored a decent payday through his friendship with Fortus. Naturally he would never jeopardize such a fortunate reality by pushing the possibility of a new record. Dizzy recognizes that being loyal to Axl is his only way of maintaining a relatively high standard of living. So again, he's never going to break the status quo by saying something radical. Aside from Bumblefoot and perhaps Richard, they are all very replaceable musicians. That is why Ron is the only person who is willing to speak out (because he is aware of his own value).

I hate to say it, but the majority of GNR band members seem to lack artistic integrity. It speaks volumes that musicians like Robin Finck and Buckethead were continuously walking out - because they were genuinely frustrated with what GNR did to their creativity - yet now we have a line-up that seem to be very content with just accepting Beta's random phonecalls to go to Brazil. Don't get me wrong, they're a fine live band that do justice to the "GNR experience", but they're in no hurry to do a GNR album.

Edited by NGOG
  • Like 3

Smoothly.

What exactly about Ron do you talk about? Especially when you're in line at the grocery store. How does the 96 year old coupon lady in front of you respond when you start praising Ron to her? Which of Ron's virtues seems to be the best ice breaker? Since you're a pro and all.

His music and skills. How do you know about that 96 y. o. lady? I asked her to keep it private. But since you already know... She instantly got wet and horny the moment I started talking about 'Abnormal'. She must've been half-deaf, that old pervert, but who cares when it goes so damn smoothly.

According to me, it's his whole solo career and the amount of charity work he does. Don't try speaking for me when you suck so bad at doing it for yourself.

this is the 1st time you mention his solo or charity work since you decided to chime in with your opinion -- wasn't speaking for you but restating what you said, get it straight

He seems to be the only member of the band who is concerned with driving GNR forward. Pit(t)man, while clearly godly, would prefer to rest on the laurels of GNR's history (see here). Obviously Dj would like to become part of GNR's discography, but given the publicity it provides him, he is in no rush to pressure Axl. Tommy has had brief moments of genuinely being excited - ala that moment he had with Axl during a 2006 rendition of There Was A Time - but now it just seems to be about maintaining a payday. They all seem to eventually become resigned to the unconventional way GNR operates. Fortus is unabashed about GNR being a job, and clearly it provides some very worthy experiences (i.e. nailing Kat Benzova). Frank is an average rock drummer who scored a decent payday through his friendship with Fortus. Naturally he would never jeopardize such a fortunate reality by pushing the possibility of a new record. Dizzy recognizes that being loyal to Axl is his only way of maintaining a relatively high standard of living. So again, he's never going to break the status quo by saying something radical. Aside from Bumblefoot and perhaps Richard, they are all very replaceable musicians. That is why Ron is the only person who is willing to speak out (because he is aware of his own value).

I hate to say it, but the majority of GNR band members seem to lack artistic integrity. It speaks volumes that musicians like Robin Finck and Buckethead were continuously walking out - because they were genuinely frustrated with what GNR did to their creativity - yet now we have a line-up that seem to be very content with just accepting Beta's random phonecalls to go to Brazil. Don't get me wrong, they're a fine live band that do justice to the "GNR experience", but they're in no hurry to do a GNR album.

Hit the nail in the head.