Has anybody else seen Spring Breakers?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant take the concept of those girls being involved in any kind of street life and not getting turned over in 20 mins flat seriously :lol:

Teenage girls not being held accountable for their actions? Happens all the time.

You always hear about someone getting killed on spring break, but it's because they took a nose dive off the balcony. My aunt lives near Myrtle Beach, and where the row of cheap motels are, has a pretty scummy element of people. Shit always happens during bike week there, someone always dies. Doing a similar movie about bike week would prob. be Spring Breakers meets Sons of Anarchy.

Guest Len B'stard

I cant take the concept of those girls being involved in any kind of street life and not getting turned over in 20 mins flat seriously :lol:

Teenage girls not being held accountable for their actions? Happens all the time.

You always hear about someone getting killed on spring break, but it's because they took a nose dive off the balcony. My aunt lives near Myrtle Beach, and where the row of cheap motels are, has a pretty scummy element of people. Shit always happens during bike week there, someone always dies. Doing a similar movie about bike week would prob. be Spring Breakers meets Sons of Anarchy.

I just mean suburban girls that look like that would get eaten alive in 5 mins in any fuckin urban area i've heard of, dealers/criminals etc would see through em inside of 5 mins. Edited by sugaraylen

I just mean suburban girls that look like that would get eaten alive in 5 mins in any fuckin urban area i've heard of, dealers/criminals etc would see through em inside of 5 mins.

quite the opposite actually. who do you think dealers best customers are?

date rape is an issue in 'spring break' areas.

Guest Len B'stard

Dont work like that where i come from, if you're a young suburban high school/college girl wet behind the ears you will get robbed, simple as. Best customers? You'd have to be a pretty dumb shit as a dealer to start selling to young gobby high school type girls, thats how you end up going to jail, a proper street dealer could smell them coming a fucking mile off, they are great readers of people yknow, they can look you up and down and work out then and there how safe you are, fuck that, they'd just look to fuckin rob them around here, i think you got a romanticised notion of how this shit works Sunny, you think young girls can just walk up to a fuckin street dealer fresh out of mum and dads and try and pick up, that'd be last they saw of their money and if they were unlucky they could have a very rough night ahead of em, especially dealers that knock out class A's, they gotta have a point of reference for you otherwise you're just fuckin lunch to them.

Unless you're talking about some soft college town dealers thats something else but a street dealer, a proper pharmacist, having high school girls walking up on him and tryna pick up? Don't work like that my friend.

This is exactly how it'd go, firstly, take the piss out of em, secondly see how much money they got that you can get out of em, thirdly see if you can do the gimme the money and i'll go round the corner and get it for you routine, fourth see if you can get a shag out of em, fifth, see if you can sell em a bag of ground up aspirin or some such shit, sixth and last, consider sorting them out with the real shit if they're game enough that you can get some action out of it, the line usually being 'i got a coupla friends lookin to party, come along and i'll work something out'.

Edited by sugaraylen

You'd have to be a pretty dumb shit as a dealer to start selling to young gobby high school type girls

no. you be pretty dumb not to. i mean if your trying to make money

that

s how you end up going to jail

you end going to jail because someone tells on you. and every customer is potential narc.

a proper street dealer could smell them coming a fucking mile off, they are great readers of people yknow, they can look you up and down and work out then and there how safe you are, fuck that, they'd just look to fuckin rob them around here

you don't rob your customers. you rob other dealers.

Edited by SunnyDRE

Guest Len B'stard

So what you saying, no dealer ever sold a dud bag, no dealer ever did the "gimme the money and wait here" routine, no dealer ever sold someone a bag of shit cuz they could see they were a soft touch, this whole enterprise of dud coke, fake hash made out of Henna, all this stuff doesn't exist? Not being funny Sunny but it seems like you ain't got a clue what you're talking about, just sayin'

Sunny is talking about the kind of dealers who do repeat business. Not every dealer would see college teens as just an easy mark. Some would see them as potentially solid repeat customers. College kids love to party and can generally come up with the funds to do so.

Can't take it seriously with Franco in grills.

That's kind of the point. It's not meant to be taken seriously.

So he has a good performance? Nice.

[Fangirl mode on] I would watch it just for James Franco. [/fangirl mode off]

Even if he looks like he's on crystal meth?

Even in that case, yes. A fangirl is a fangirl, through thick and thin (ask Volcano).

So he has a good performance? Nice.

i would say that it is an iconic performance. It reminded me a little of Matthew McConaughey's performance in Dazed and Confused.

Belive it or not I haven't watched Dazed and Confused yet, so I can't say. But I will trust you. Now I definitely want to see Spring Breakers.

Edited by izzygirl