Has anybody else seen Spring Breakers?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looked like it had potential, aside from the bozo female actors. What would you rate it at, Randy? Maybe I'll try to check it out this weekend.

I'm not very good at rating things. It was a 5 out of 5 for me but it might be a 1 out of 5 for you. I can say that at the very least you will enjoy James Franco's performance. I would describe this movie as a satirical drugged out dreamy trip thru the modern world of pop culture. Imagine if poor unfamous college versions of Britney, Paris, Nicole and Lindsay went on a Girls Gone Wild and Natural Born Killer's style Spring Break trip to Miami together and hooked up with a drug dealer/rapper/wigger wannabe Scarface type named Alien.

spring-breakers-james-franco-as-alien-.j

Edited by Randy Lahey

Guest Len B'stard

Harmony Korine the director also wrote Kids and Ken Park and i think although i might be wrong had something to do with the movie Thirteen so on the strength of that i'll probably have a peek.

Edited by sugaraylen

From the trailers and the promo stuff I've seen I don't know of a movie that I've felt less compelled to watch in a long time. It just looks really bad to me and the casting of the female leads just reeks of teenyboppers wanting to be taken seriously. It's like casting Justin Beiber in another remake of Get Carter for fucks sake. Maybe I'm just getting old but Selena Gomez just isn't hot at all. I mean she's stunning and all that but just not in a sexual way. I'd feel like I should be locked up for cranking one out over her.

Guest Len B'stard

The idea is Dazey that sometimes, JUST sometimes it can benefit a man to observe females with something other in mind aside from their eligibility for bedtime shennanigans, i realise that places you under a considerable handicapp Dazey but you don't have to be alright to shag every bird you watch onscreen, otherwise i'd worry about men that ever enjoyed Matilda or Three Men and a Little Lady :lol:

And i'd love to see Justin Beiber in a remake of Get Carter :lol:

"you're a big man but you're out of shape and as for me, my balls ain't even dropped so lets just behave yourselves, shall we?"

Edited by sugaraylen

The idea is Dazey that sometimes, JUST sometimes it can benefit a man to observe females with something other in mind aside from their eligibility for bedtime shennanigans, i realise that places you under a considerable handicapp Dazey but you don't have to be alright to shag every bird you watch onscreen, otherwise i'd worry about men that ever enjoyed Matilda or Three Men and a Little Lady :lol:

You're right as always dear boy. I mean I'm at least glad they made no attempt to sexualise the poor things for the sake of a quick buck eh? :lol:

spring-breakers-image09.jpg

Guest Len B'stard

I'm happy with the quick buck generating option if this is what comes out of it.

Sorry but they all look like a bunch of skanks in that pic to me. :shrugs:

*touches his cheek and forehead* you alright, yeah? :lol:

As far as the exploitative thing, bollocks man, they're all fuckin' in on it anyway, when they're fuckin' bait and there's money in it they're like "virgins virgins virgins, promise rings, Christ is Lord" then once they crack fuckin' 18 it's all this sort of mularkey, thats why it ain't sexy, cuz it's fuckin' obvious and unimpressive as a result, they are pretty though.

Fuck man, i'm a fuckin' 29 yr old darkie, you been reading the fuckin' papers lately, Mohammed and Abduls Rape Gangs, i ain't even fuckin' lookin' at no bird that ain't past her mid 20s, i ain't offering em fags, buying em kebabs, telling em when the number 10 bus'll be along, none of it :lol:

Guest Len B'stard

This generation are gonna become dirty old men so quickly, it's gonna be hilairious :lol:

Dazey, this movie isn't what you think it is. The writer and director of this movie, Harmony Korine, also wrote Kids. And the casting of the disney chicks was a brilliant piss take.

Perhaps you're crediting it with a bit too much intelligence Randy. Do you not think it detracts from the movie somewhat? I mean pisstaking, satire, is as good as the amount of people that are gonna understand it, no? Have you ever seen Thirteen, Randy? I think this movie is in the same vein or at least like, an attempt to do that sort of a thing.

Guest Len B'stard

It's like, i dunno, take Kids for example. If they'd've just bunged all the teen starlets of the day in it and done it like that, it would've detracted from the whole thing as a piece perhaps because people just turn up to see em get their kit off or what have you and like...certain things lend a sort of sensationalism to a piece for all the wrong reasons, y'know? Perhaps, just thinking out loud, ain't even seen it so i can't really judge.

If anything, you could just as easily say it's Harmony Korine being exploited cuz it lends a bunch of disney tarts a degree of sort of, credibility if you like and if the movie stinks then it detracts from HKs credibility to a degree. Problem with the artsy fartsy brigade is they fancy themselves as being well fuckin' clever and like, y'know, *snicker snicker* what an "ironic" bit of casting, look at us satirising such and such but end of the day they're as exploited as any of em.

The idea isn't to dumb down stuff for people, it's just my way of saying that as a pisstake, it don't really work very well.

Edited by sugaraylen