How many people became a Guns fan because Slash quit?

iftheworld

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I for one was tired of his drunken inconsistent behavior on stage. I must be the only one. I'm not trolling. I seriously feel this way.

I wouldn't say I became a fan as a result of Slash leaving because I was a huge fan since the very late 80's.

HOWEVER I became a bigger fan of GNR when Axl surrounded himself with better guitar players like Buckethead and Robin.

And now with Bumble and DJ the band is so much more professional and respectable.

I laughed.. for real. Thank you haha.

I for one was tired of his drunken inconsistent behavior on stage. I must be the only one. I'm not trolling. I seriously feel this way.

I wouldn't say I became a fan as a result of Slash leaving because I was a huge fan since the very late 80's.

HOWEVER I became a bigger fan of GNR when Axl surrounded himself with better guitar players like Buckethead and Robin.

And now with Bumble and DJ the band is so much more professional and respectable.

Good God....professional and respectable about a band like GNR?? Hmmmmmm i dont see it.I still see controlled choas and fucken messy performances. isee Axl being late as usual.. i see very little promotion.. i see a show that is 10 years or more older...i see a bunch of guys who dont know what to expect or do... hired guns who are no more part of the organization other than contractual players operating under a completely different concept or idea of GNR . I see great muscians relegated to a nostalgia tour. Do these fuckers ever get together and just jam? Do they ever put anything out there thats been remarkable and noteworthy ? i mean how long does even a casual fan believe anything about this nugnr?

Good God....professional and respectable about a band like GNR?? Hmmmmmm i dont see it.I still see controlled choas and fucken messy performances. isee Axl being late as usual.. i see very little promotion.. i see a show that is 10 years or more older...i see a bunch of guys who dont know what to expect or do... hired guns who are no more part of the organization other than contractual players operating under a completely different concept or idea of GNR . I see great muscians relegated to a nostalgia tour. Do these fuckers ever get together and just jam? Do they ever put anything out there thats been remarkable and noteworthy ? i mean how long does even a casual fan believe anything about this nugnr?

they do jam together.... ron, frank and chris have the amazing side project called blowout. a very original project of classic rock mixed with dance beats featuring the bumblebee guitar! blowout > velvet revolver.

Edited by maynard

was tired of his drunken inconsistent behavior on stage. I must be the only one. I'm not trolling. I seriously feel this way.

"There is no rasp on any GNR album" - fan since the late 80's

This one has gotta make the top 5 from lolcano.

Kudos for making me laugh and getting me in a good mood - keep em'coming. :awesomeface:

Edited by trqster

In 2003, I became a fan because I heard AFD. Didn't really care who was in the band at the time. I just wished, and still wish, that they would've released more good music. Half of the Illusions is great, the other half is just boring. Lies has two or three good songs. TSI? is horrendeus, minus the songs that Duff sings on. Chinese is pretty good, great even, but still not a homerun.

But those things don't really matter, cause AFD is such a great album. It's all that matters. Not this Axl vs. Slash bullshit.