Hip Hop Fans don't lie......you know you like it!! Hot song!!

SunnyDRE

Guest Len B'stard

If there's one thing i can't stand it's fuckin' soft rappers. And the games full of em at the moment and it's proper fuckin' annoying. I even rate Kendrick Lamar on that level, they're just so...fuckin'...PUH-see, it's just annoying.

Personally, i don't think America has those kinda people in it anymore, i wouldn't know, not being from there or anything but look, fuckin', Tupac, Ice Cube etc, these people were the children of the Panther generation, these people had a gripe, these people knew what missed meal cramps felt like, these people were fuckin' real, it's actually got to a point where you got rappers like Kendrick Lamar that is like, from that fuckin' cloth and those same places but those places ain't the same as those places are meant to be anymore, i don't think, perhaps.

Kendrick Lamars a sick fuckin' rapper but...a lot of the shit he touches on is so fuckin'...soft? I mean peer pressure, really, a fuckin' Compton rapper talkin' about fuckin' peer pressure, am i fuckin' hallucinating this shit? Good kid mad city, yeah, thats about the size of it and about the size of the problem, i don't wanna hear about rappers that come home after a night of shit-kickin' to cry in their bedrooms about the bad people they've been, fuck that :lol:

I mean your Tupacs had their introversion and those sorts of aspects too but it always had the 'but fuck that!' caveat to it, they never felt like...maudlin or preachy. The tone was always 'this is how shit is for me, i don't give what you, him or them are up to'.

And it's the same with Drake, i don't wanna hear that fuckin' shit, these don't look like the children of the ghetto and if they are then the fuckin' ghetto must've moved up in the world cuz their subject matter is fuckin' limp.

Honestly, they sound like priveleged kids short on subject matter and myself i'd rather listen to a lesser talented rapper in terms of textbook rhyme skill if he's got a unique delivery and more importantly, something to say, something fuckin' interesting and real to say and a little dirt under his fingernails cuz these guys are like...sensible? They sound like college boys, it's off-putting in the extreme.

There was an excitement and a danger and this fuckin'...encroaching feeling that they were kicking against with aggression to hip hop that is just not there anymore.

It's supposed to be like the fuckin' music of the streets, this is my problem with your fuckin' Kanyes and your fuckin' Drakes and them.

Edited by sugaraylen

Guest Len B'stard

Eminem killed rap.

No, that's an incorrect statement.

i love how you felt the need to point that out, as if Obama needing to be caught shaggin' white interns to rescue hip hop was like, a totally accurate statement :lol:

Eminem killed rap.

No, that's an incorrect statement.

i love how you felt the need to point that out, as if Obama needing to be caught shaggin' white interns to rescue hip hop was like, a totally accurate statement :lol:

I just saw that bit as lame trolling.

Guest Len B'stard

See now, randy, you might have a point there, rappers on prescription, sorta middle class housewifey thing :lol: Shit, rappers doing E's, i remember when rappers frowned on coke.

The fans today are different too. Somebody like Rick Ross would have been ostracized in the 90's after it came out that he was a prison guard who stole his name from a Los Angeles drug dealer. But the kids today don't seem to care.

Guest NGOG

I absolutely agree there. There doesn't have to be any substance behind the lyrics today. Ross, and rappers in that vein are a joke. And would have been viewed as such when hip hop was big. Ross wouldn't have gotten looked at by either the east or west record companies and if he had of, he'd have been straight up killed for fronting.

If there's one thing i can't stand it's fuckin' soft rappers. And the games full of em at the moment and it's proper fuckin' annoying. I even rate Kendrick Lamar on that level, they're just so...fuckin'...PUH-see, it's just annoying.

There was an excitement and a danger and this fuckin'...encroaching feeling that they were kicking against with aggression to hip hop that is just not there anymore.

So, reading that, I'm curious, are you into this:

Edited by Jakey Styley

so you guys basically only want your rap from guys from the ghetto?

as someone who grew up there, I think it that is a shame.....

and as I black man, I think its a shame that people..well according to you guys, won't take you seriously, unless you grew up in the ghetto.

good music is good music. some of you need to get the fuck over yourselves.

and as I black man, I think its a shame that people..well according to you guys, won't take you seriously, unless you grew up in the ghetto.

I don't mind rappers that aren't from the ghetto, like you said, as long as the music's good. My problem is with rappers that aren't but like to pretend they are.

Guest Len B'stard

People have come to expect a certain gritty street reality from hip hop and to be fair hip hop and the artist therein come to proliferate that mentality and people come to the genre looking for a certain truth that you don't (or didn't) get elsewhere, its not necessarily that anyones saying that there's no room for the Drakes or what have yous of this world, there's always been fun good time hip hop knocking around its just there's tons of that now and none of the other, yknow what i mean? Should be a balance and at the moment there isnt and in the place where there once was hardcore artists from the streets are a bunch of people pretending to be that, if it was just a case of being from the ghetto then there

Wouldnt be the criticism of Kendrick Lamar.

Fun party music will always have an avenue through which it can be presented to you but what real hardcore hip hop says and represents only had that one avenue, you don't get whatever it was that music was offering up to people just anywhere and because of that its precious to people and they wanna see it preserved and not at the expense of party music, there's room for all.

Guest NGOG

You completely fail to grasp our point. My problem is with rappers who rap about ghetto issues but don't hail from the ghetto themselves or have a very limited grasp of its reality. I'm all for the Macklemores who want to rap about social issues. Rap has to evolve in some way in order to survive. I get that. But phonies like Rick Ross are hard to stomach. As people have pointed out, there is a very clear irony to a correctional officer trying to be a gangster. The rap scene previously wouldn't have tolerated such fronting.