Does Axl regret GnR (original)?

Snowmass

Yes he hates living in the Malibu mansion and driving a Ferrari...he wishes he would have stayed in Indiana and worked and the Hog n Feed! He could have settled for singing Soprano in the local barbershop quartet with the big show at the 4th of July picnic! He regrets HAVING to travel the world and make millions of people happy and the money only made his life suck even more. He looks back on the early years and says "if only" if Only IF ONLY!!! I could have had a life in INDIANA!!!!!! I could have made something of myself!

Those fucken bastards...they went off and made me rich and famous. Those miserable bastards made me record some of the most memorable music ever. Those sons of bitches caused me to become a rockstar! I will loathe them till the day I die! They ruined my dreams...

but seriously..

regret is the most painful of emotions.

As much as Axl seems to want to distance himself from old/original Guns (esp Slash & Steven & Matt) it makes you wonder does he regret ever having met & being involved with these guys & the '87-'93 period of his life?

Why would you think he would regret the ones that helped make him a success?

No but I do think he is (or at least was) immensely frustrated that he couldn't convince the other guys in the band to see things his way and that the whole thing couldn't be salvaged.

Humiliated. I think the word is humiliated. With everybody else in the world kissing his ass at that time I think maybe he thought the fellas would kiss his ass too and when they didnt...he had to go with plan B and retool the whole machine.

I'd don't think even Axl is that nuts.

this

Axl "was" in the biggest rock band of all time, sweating, drinking, suffering, LIVING with this band since the beggining

Yes, he holds some bad or harsh memories, but i'm sure he holds one of the most bad ass, cool, memories of all time also

No but I do think he is (or at least was) immensely frustrated that he couldn't convince the other guys in the band to see things his way and that the whole thing couldn't be salvaged.

But that's the thing!A band!Not one person telling how the music IS/SHOULD be or sound!Granted this statement would also fall on Slash,thinking he could hand in 5 O'Clock for the next record.

A band can't have one or two people dictating how it should or is going to be. What they should have done was get in the same damn room all of them and just play!

Some of the most iconic albums ever happened because of jam sessions. Not particularly looking for or trying to write a full blown song!Like Aerosmith's debut album. Even down to Appetite was mostly written this way.

What pisses me off is Axl saying that Slash supposedly told him to shut up and sing. Yet people turn a blind eye and deaf ear to Axl telling Slash that HIS WAY (Axl's)was how the next record was going to sound. Pretty damn unfair if you ask me.

Edited by SweetRose

• 3 weeks later...