Is GNR material too sleazy for Bumblefoot?

LTD

"Bumble hot sauces yeah:D"

"Having meet and greet with some awesome people:)"

" visiting my dad:)"

Above is but a small, accurate, copypasted serving that perfectly summarizes the "tweets" "tweeted" by Ron " Bumblefoot" Thal. Bit of an utter cunt or not, the Tweets deliver a strong implication of a guy with good upbringing and background. Clearly Ron has always had a nice, relaxed and laid back life void of needless distress,difficulty or discomfort.Clearly his father is there for him. Back when Slash and Duff were shooting up coke and stealing sofas for their shitty apartment, Ron was probably playing Super Mario World 2 - Yoshi's Island with his dad on Super Nintendo.

"Found a head an' and arm in garbage can donm't know why I am here"

"ya get nuthun' für nuthann' if that's what ya do, turn around bitch I got a use for you"

"fuck you, suck my fucking dick"

Above is but a small sampling of overall tone an d themes often touched in lyrical content of older songs by Guns and Roses. They often are rich in chauvinism, homosexual themes, "f-bombs",and in general promote culture and lifestyle Ron's parents probably would not want Ron to be exposed of. Do you think it is good for him to have to listen to such raunchy lyrics night after night? As a parent, I can well sympathize how Ron's dad must currently feel. It is always a difficult situation to separate your child from friends you just know are bad influence for him. Well, most of the boys who currently belong to this " Guns N' Roses" group seem to be of right sort.. but why must they use such raunchy language? If I were Ron's dad, I'd call Beta and demand her to make sure GNR only plays music from now on, dropping the unnecessarily raunchy lyrics entirely.

Just a concerned parent here. Peace, all:=)

Edited by LTD

Back when Slash and Duff were shooting up coke and stealing sofas for their shitty apartment, Ron was probably playing Street Fighter II with his dad onm Super Nintendo.

No, he was reading whole encyclopedias, taking lessons, reading several books and learning Van Halen, Yes and Zeppelin songs.

As a parent, I can well sympathize how Ron's dad must currently feel. it is always a difficult situation to separate your child from friends you just know are bad influence for him.

He suffers from alzheimer, he doesn't feel bad for Ron anymore. As sad as it is, and I hope to God that he's not, he sadly could be at the end of his life. He needs to taken care of, not the other way around.

"Bumble hot sauces yeah:D"

"Having meet and greet with some awesome people:)"

" visiting my dad:)"

Above is but a small, accurate, copypasted serving that perfectly summarizes the "tweets" "tweeted" by Ron " Bumblefoot" Thal. Bit of an utter cunt or not, the Tweets deliver a strong implication of a guy with good upbringing and background. Clearly Ron has always had a nice, relaxed and laid back life void of needless distress,difficulty or discomfort.Clearly his father is there for him. Back when Slash and Duff were shooting up coke and stealing sofas for their shitty apartment, Ron was probably playing Super Mario World 2 - Yoshi's Island with his dad on Super Nintendo.

That's stupid. Yoshi's Island was released in 1995. Why would you think Slash and Duff would be living together in an apartment doing drugs in 1995? Oh, that's right. You're not a fan.

Guest Len B'stard

I love the fact that you've drawn a parrallel here between homosexuality and moral deviance :lol:

It's only fuckin' music man, it ain't no fuckin' miracle to be a dirty thieving crackhead, it don't put Slash and Duff on some level above Ron as musicians cuz they were fuckin' skagheads.

See, i think with a lot of the little boys (and it is almost always little boys) who get into GnR and are like 'wa-hey, how hard were GnR, sleeping in their own wee and nicking stuffs etc" if they were confronted with what people that are like that are really like in a real life situation, wouldn't find it so fuckin' clever and would be much more readily associated with a good lad type than people like what GnR etc puported to be in their youth/heyday.

I love the fact that you've drawn a parrallel here between homosexuality and moral deviance :lol:

It's only fuckin' music man, it ain't no fuckin' miracle to be a dirty thieving crackhead, it don't put Slash and Duff on some level above Ron as musicians cuz they were fuckin' skagheads.

See, i think with a lot of the little boys (and it is almost always little boys) who get into GnR and are like 'wa-hey, how hard were GnR, sleeping in their own wee and nicking stuffs etc" if they were confronted with what people that are like that are really like in a real life situation, wouldn't find it so fuckin' clever and would be much more readily associated with a good lad type than people like what GnR etc puported to be in their youth/heyday.

This.

Here I thought I was gonna get to take the piss right out of a moron, and you beat me to it. Well said. As always.

Edited by Damn_Smooth

to answer the OP, without fanboyism (which is pathetic), I think I agree and it doesn't feel right to see Ron playing about the Jungle or Mr. Brownstone, because, like you said, when the guys who wrote it were living a wild life, Ron was reading whole encyclopedias (he must be a genius, right fanbruno?) and learning how to cover Led Zeppelin (too bad all he could get is covering Slash simple and blues-y stuff).

to come here and attack a band member is wrong, but to be his defense force and talk about his sick dad and how smart he is is just pathetic. the guy didn't ask some of you to be his online defense force. jesus.

why would i care about a sick man just because he is the father of a musician? what about people dying in this exact moment? oh yeah, they're statistics.

Edited by maynard

Ron was a pretty fucked up youngin', but driven to make a career in music.

Duff wrote one of the most "chauvinist" songs on AFD yet he came from one of the most liberal cities in America, was in a band fronted by a woman, and GNR even opened for that band.

Edited by dalsh327

That's not really the point of being a fan, though, is it? Finding artists you'd like to hang out with and converse with on the weekends? Sometimes -- more often than not, I'd say -- we're attracted to artists and music that express a part of the human condition that we have to repress in our daily lives due to having to keep a job and worry about money and consider that not every model in the world wants to sleep with us and whatnot. I'm drawn to that sleazy, semi-criminal existence of early Guns and how they grew from that. That doesn't mean I would have been best buds with them if we'd been around each other at the same age.

Back when Slash and Duff were shooting up coke and stealing sofas for their shitty apartment, Ron was probably playing Super Mario World 2 - Yoshi's Island with his dad on Super Nintendo.

Nope, he was playing Eruption backwards

Try again, cupcake :rofl-lol:

Edited by rendestroi95

to answer the OP, without fanboyism (which is pathetic), I think I agree and it doesn't feel right to see Ron playing about the Jungle or Mr. Brownstone, because, like you said, when the guys who wrote it were living a wild life, Ron was reading whole encyclopedias (he must be a genius, right fanbruno?) and learning how to cover Led Zeppelin (too bad all he could get is covering Slash simple and blues-y stuff).

to come here and attack a band member is wrong, but to be his defense force and talk about his sick dad and how smart he is is just pathetic. the guy didn't ask some of you to be his online defense force. jesus.

why would i care about a sick man just because he is the father of a musician? what about people dying in this exact moment? oh yeah, they're statistics.

Who the fuck asked about statistics? You don't care about anyone but yourself. You're a sick person. Someone said about how his father must feel and I told him that he doesn't feel bad for his son because he doesn't even recognize him anymore. Trying to make fun of a man that could die tomorrow, yes, I'm not gonna read it and ignore make fun of him as well. Stop being such an asshole. You complain about everything and everyone, everywhere. Planet Earth must be a really bad place to live in, especially Brazil. I don't even know why you didn't move to US or UK yet, we're so stupid and you are so smart. Oh, wait... you are not funny, you are not clever, you are not better than anyone you complain about.

I pointed out inaccuracies, accept if or fkn move on. I'm not your nanny to explain everything to you, word by word. I'm not asking whether you like it or if you approve it.

Bumblefoot plays guitar... he's not writing the lyrics. And as far as Sleaze on Guitar, it's something that Bumble tried to add to CD. And he throws some into his own music as well.

Edited by jimb0

Who the fuck asked about statistics? You don't care about anyone but yourself. You're a sick person. Someone said about how his father must feel and I told him that he doesn't feel bad for his son because he doesn't even recognize him anymore. Trying to make fun of a man that could die tomorrow, yes, I'm not gonna read it and ignore make fun of him as well. Stop being such an asshole. You complain about everything and everyone, everywhere. Planet Earth must be a really bad place to live in, especially Brazil. I don't even know why you didn't move to US or UK yet, we're so stupid and you are so smart. Oh, wait... you are not funny, you are not clever, you are not better than anyone you complain about.

I pointed out inaccuracies, accept if or fkn move on. I'm not your nanny to explain everything to you, word by word. I'm not asking whether you like it or if you approve it.

where did i make fun of his sick father? i'm jus saying that people are dying every second and to fake simpathy for a person just because he is famous or related to a famous person is just pathetic. sorry bruno, but you are the sick one. you read things i haven't even written. stop being a fanboy. i wonder how would you react if dj ashba's father was the sick one.

Axl is just very lucky to have such a talented guitarist like Bumblefoot in his band. Hopefully the paycheck won't ever stop coming and he'll be there forever. :)

Edited by trqster

where did i make fun of his sick father? i'm jus saying that people are dying every second and to fake simpathy for a person just because he is famous or related to a famous person is just pathetic. sorry bruno, but you are the sick one. you read things i haven't even written. stop being a fanboy. i wonder how would you react if dj ashba's father was the sick one.

No, I dont fake sympathy for a person because said person is related to anyone famous. I don't need to explain why I care, but it's not because Ron's GnR guitarist. I'm not saying you made fun of anyone, I was talking about the OP. He sure woudln't have made the joke if he knew what's happening, but whatever.