Who is your favorite Beatle?

TombRaider

Who is your favorite Beatle?  

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Exactly...and thats what John was saying and he clarified it as such, maybe he could've phrased it different but... :shrugs:

I think a lot of the ways and the manner of certain people can come across as quite harsh when its just...a turn of phrase really, he was sort of making a comment on the fact that a lot of kids are the result of this kinda thing and not all like, the result of calculated family planning :lol:

That phrase was actually said as part of a long interview where he was talking about his life, his early days etc, it weren't something he yelled in Julians face although there were instances, that Lennon naysayers bring up in criticism of him, one being that apparently he once shouted at Julian saying 'i hate the sound of your voice!!' When Julian woke him up once when he was sleeping, having had some time off being a beatle, again not exactly nice but you try being a beatle for a living and tell me how easy a life it is, im sure everyones parents have said something of the like to em in their lives at some point or another.

I can totally understand this. I have friends who have kids and said that although they love them and would never give them up (accepting their responsibility) if they could do it over again, they wouldn't have them. We live in a luxury situation now with all the birth control possible (so no excuses) but back then it was different. People have things they need to do in their life and sometimes kids get in the way of that. But people also have sex and I guess for everyone back then there were a lot of unplanned children born. They still loved them (I mean listen to a song like Beautiful Boy and tell me that is not filled with love?) but for certain people it just adds pressure and makes it so much harder to focus on things which they as an individual want to achieve. I can totally see John facing certain obstacles in his life where children would have made it so much more difficult to focus.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Len B'stard

Not cuz BB is any better of a song you understand, its just that Hey Jude is pretty sayin sayin'sorry about your mum and dad splittin up kid'

Edited by sugaraylen

Guest Len B'stard

Me too man but like, the way i see it is if you're gonna admire a human being you gotta reconcile yourself first with the idea that, however exceptional they are at this, that and the other they are still human beings first and foremost, lives aren't meant to be combed through by the moral equivalency committee to ascertain whether a person is morally solvent, lives are just a bundle of mistakes really.

I agree with every fucking word john said their. The stones were the beatles little bitches for the entire decade of the 60's. IMO the stones didn't do a damn thing original untill the 70's.

That's why I laugh when people say the stones are the greatest rock n roll band ever. Led zeppelin, the beatles, pink floyd, and even the who own the fucking stones.

Edited by Mike420

Guest Len B'stard

i think the stones are amazing, i think there are only four people on earth that could reel off that diatribe convincingly and one of em was John Lennon.

Guest Len B'stard

Yeah, why not man, i don't reckon all that not giving credit to certain members of the band for whatever reason, its like a football team innit, everyone does their bit and earn the right to claim the glory that comes along with being called by whatever your bands name is.

Yeah, why not man, i don't reckon all that not giving credit to certain members of the band for whatever reason, its like a football team innit, everyone does their bit and earn the right to claim the glory that comes along with being called by whatever your bands name is.

With this completely.

How often do you hear stories about how somebody wrote lines to a song based on the idea of something another band member said - no part in writing the song or being on the credits, but the spark was there.