Who is your favorite Beatle?

TombRaider

Who is your favorite Beatle?  

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

John without a doubt. IMO John Lennon was the greatest song writer of all time. I have gotten in many debates of john lennon vs bob dylan, but for me it is lennon. He was the main songwriter on most of their early pop hits. Then he started writting really maningful, important songs such as all you need is love and revolution. But for me it's his post beatles career that really shows his amazing talent. I actually prefer his solo stuff over the beatles. Songs like God, working class hero, attica state, john sinclair, women is the hooray for tolerance! of the world. He truely was a legend amoung legends.

IMO you can't name a better rhythm guitar/singer/songwriter for any band, period.

So what's his story?

Ringo was sick (shortly after they hit it big on both sides of the Atlantic) and Jimmie filled in for a handful of shows, was caught like a deer in the headlights, Ringo got better and came back, and Jimmie faded into obscurity forever more or less, only to eventually be found here:

nicol-jimmienicol_2005.jpg

"I was a Beatle once, you know. That's right, when your mum was 16, she would have bent over for me quicker than you could say 'Ringo!' for a week in '64. Out of the way, now, I'm fixin' to get me that last Hungry Man turkey dinner."

John Lennon was a dick.

Everyone else was okay.

I could care less. He might have been the biggest douche on the planet, but he could write a hit fucking song.

"It's okay to be a dick who beats women and mentally abuses your own son, if I like your music"

Got it.

Edited by Deepest Shame

Was he? Wikipedia says he was bummed out after leaving the Beatles. Man, I cannot imagine what that must've been like. Playing with them on stage and then having to say goodbye. Catching a glimpse of all that fame and fortune and then going back to whatever it is he was doing before.

John Lennon was a dick.

Everyone else was okay.

I could care less. He might have been the biggest douche on the planet, but he could write a hit fucking song.

"It's okay to be a dick who beats women and mentally abuses your own son, if I like your music"

Got it.

To some degree yes. I am not saying I approve of his or other musicians behavior, but it doesn't detract from his talent imo. If MJ was in fact a molester does that make his music any less good or his dancing ability any less amazing.

Axl is another known women abuser, does that make appetite any less stellar?

John Lennon was a dick.

Everyone else was okay.

Got it.

If I based my musical tastes on whether my favorite musicians were not alcoholics, junkies, wife beaters etc I'd have 2 cds in my collection.

I took this thread as who was your favourite member based on their personality, therefore John shouldn't be anyone's option.

His music and songwriting abilities weren't anything to write home about either imo.

We are all entitled to our own opinion, so if you don't like John's songs that is your perogative. But you have to admit that he had a hand in writting many legendary songs.