Is Axl Roses Lack of Leadership and Lack of Communication to Blame for the Failure of NewGNR

jimb0

We've all heard the stories about Axl not showing up to rehearsals, we've seen the Bumblefoot Video and heard about his Approval or Disapproval of Studio Takes over the phone. Does the blame of the state of affairs in GNR, the band being all over the place and not knowing what is going on due to the fact that Axl just doesn't take the initiative to be a good leader? If Axl was more available to the band and had a clear vision of where he wanted to take it, could NuGNR have been more successful? And if this is true is it too late for Axl to make changes and make this thing more than a cover band / nostalgia act?

I think axl realises that the buzz and spark has gone now, he's a shadow of his former self.

Maybe after the failure of CD he doesn't want to release any more song and tarnish his reputation and the gnr legacy anymore.

Maybe he's doing exactly what he wants to do under what the situation with the record company is. Maybe they're trying to agree on a deal that will make sense to both sides.

Thing is, all Axl needs to do is figure out a way to release more then one album in 20 years, and then it will be more then a cover band in the eyes of many fans. (I don't consider them a cover band anyway)

We don't know exactly what are Axl goals as the leader of this band, so how can we know if he's any good at it? They're touring for years, making money, the demand is still there to make it profitable from a financial stand point. From an artistic point of view, the set lists are basically the same, and no new music is being released or even talked about by Axl. It's too unclear to really say imo.

Edited by Rovim

I think axl realises that the buzz and spark has gone now, he's a shadow of his former self.

I think once brain bucket and robin left it took all the wind out of his sails. His hope was gone. And you can't blame him. They were great musicians and were thought by axl to b nugnr. Once he started replacing members I think that creative spark was lost..

sometimes I think it's lyrics. All the songs are very personal. I mean how many real personal things does he have to say? Seeing as he's the sole lyric writer?

hopefully he has a song inspired by Irwing Azzoff.

The lack of communication is a puzzle. You can literally count the times Axl has generally opened up, between 1993 and today, on one hand (1/ RS and Loder - 1999. 2/ Dexter 3/ Trunk 4/ the HOF letters - everything else has been neutered and uninteresting). One of the reasons Axl hates Slash is, how Slash has put forward a version of the break-up. But then, Axl has not bothered to put out his side of the story: all the general public had were the accounts from Slash and Duff. Axl literally vacated the playing field and let Slash's version, sit, as fact. So Axl only has himself to blame here.