Have you ever noticed that the GNR Camp seem to complain quite often whenever their show gets criticized a little in a concert review?

Randy Lahey

Have you ever noticed that the GNR Camp seem to complain quite often whenever their show gets criticized a little in a concert review? Do other bands do this?

Look at this example from Paradise City:

Just exercising our "freedom of speech" and power of the internet

We are thrilled to share with you here the observations and some photos of fans that were able to experience the show last night.

To the "journalist" who wrote the article, sometimes less is more... and more is better. Next time consider reporting a set-list with some youtube of interviews of fans.

Edited by Randy Lahey

Lots of people do find the solo spots to be incredibly boring. I know I always count them down whenever I go to a New GNR show. Who the fuck buys a ticket to a GNR show to hear Ron and Tommy play their solo material? I don't want to hear that shit. And it kills the momentum of the show too.

I found this comment in another review and thought it was bang on:

The most interesting truth here is that this 160-minute show housed a 110-minute one that would have better cemented his rep.

Edited by Randy Lahey

I'm glad I'm not the only one hating the meaningless solo spots.

Axl talks about them like it's something all bands do.

maybe in the 80s.but even then it was questionable.

and yes,GNR camp is good for a laugh too.

bragging about adding "angie"on FB as if it's hard to play or something.

The band seem to have a problem with the concept of 'freedom of speech'. What does it say about a band when they endorse a forum as wretched as HTGTH and even fly its founder around on freebie junkets? It is like, Nugnr only like people who hang off their testicles. That 'journalist's' criticism was a perfectly valid criticism to make and he was well in his rights.

GNR Camp nevet accepts reality when it comes to reviews on the performances that's why they keep touring with almost the same quality of performance every time.

Lots of people do find the solo spots to be incredibly boring.

Exactly. 100% accurate.

A favourite actor of mine was once quoted as saying if you believe all the stellar reviews about yourself then by the same token you have to believe the bad reviews too. So you have to either never read reviews or try to take an objective middle line view.

I always thought this was pretty good advice for anyone re praise and criticism.

Edited by alfierose

A favourite actor of mine was once quoted as saying if you believe all the stellar reviews about yourself then by the same token you have to believe the bad reviews too. So you have to either never read reviews or try to take an objective middle line view.

I always thought this was pretty good advice for anyone re praise and criticism.

Well said. Who was that actor? I'm just curious.

Have you ever noticed that the GNR Camp seem to complain quite often whenever their show gets criticized a little in a concert review? Do other bands do this?

We are thrilled to share with you here the observations and some photos of fans that were able to experience the show last night.

To the "journalist" who wrote the article, sometimes less is more... and more is better. Next time consider reporting a set-list with some youtube of interviews of fans.

I swear Axl was ranting about journalists 25 years ago this isn't new and I'm not sure why you seem surprised?

I swear Axl was ranting about journalists 25 years ago this isn't new and I'm not sure why you seem surprised?

Because it is such a small and perfectly valid criticism.

He tals about GNR camp, not Axl...

It seems to me that nobody here knows the song "Get In The Ring"

You mean back when Axl was man enough to, well, not fight his own fights cuz we know he runs away from that shit unless it's a woman or a stunned fan, but to at least talk and sing his own fights? You talkin' bout that?

It seems to me that nobody here knows the song "Get In The Ring"

You mean back when Axl was man enough to, well, not fight his own fights cuz we know he runs away from that shit unless it's a woman or a stunned fan, but to at least talk and sing his own fights? You talkin' bout that?

Not really because he backtracked recently and said that was Duff's and Tom's idea. He's never at fault. What a joke. :lol: