Vincent Vega

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^ Most of that is total shit.

Tough crowd.

Maybe a bit, but I don't think so. :lol:

To me, Axl is at his best when his lyrics come across as almost spontaneous. Some of the shit he sings on albums, you can imagine him spewing during a rant. Good Axl is cocky and aggressive and unpredictable and volatile and insecure and paranoid, and his standout lyrics bring all of these characteristics together. CD is filled with the most tired, bland imagery, phrasing and rhyme schemes. It rings completely hollow. At bottom, it feels like Axl tried way too hard to be profound and poetic, and he failed miserably.

Edited by magisme

Tough crowd.

To me, Axl is at his best when his lyrics come across as almost spontaneous. Some of the shit he sings on albums, you can imagine him spewing during a rant. Good Axl is cocky and aggressive and unpredictable and volatile and insecure and paranoid, and his standout lyrics bring all of these characteristics together. CD is filled with the most tired, bland imagery, phrasing and rhyme schemes. It rings completely hollow. At bottom, it feels like Axl tried way too hard to be profound and poetic, and he failed miserably.

Interesting. I think some of the lyrics on Chinese Democracy are brilliant.

Tough crowd.

I think he summed it up perfectly in Don't Damn Me. While not one of GN'R's best songs overall, I think it is one of his best lyrically.

I don't know, man. All I know is that his lyrics appeal to me and that GnR songs are among my all-time favorite tunes ever... and GnR lyrics also helped me learn a lot of English vocabulary back in the day. I wasn't fluent at the time and I'd memorize the songs, sing along and then look up the words I didn't know in a dictionary. And... I also learned how to curse thanks to GnR... GnR lyrics... that's where some of my favorite English words and phrases come from, really: fuckin, fuck, motherfucker, bitch, fuck off, suck my dick, etc etc. :shrugs::thumbsup:

Edited by TombRaider

I don't know, man. All I know is that his lyrics appeal to me and that GnR songs are among my all-time favorite tunes ever... and GnR lyrics also helped me learn a lot of English vocabulary back in the day. I wasn't fluent at the time and I'd memorize the songs, sing along and then look up the words I didn't know in a dictionary. And... I also learned how to curse thanks to GnR... GnR lyrics... that's where some of my favorite English words and phrases come from, really: fuckin, fuck, motherfucker, bitch, fuck off, suck my dick, etc etc. :shrugs::thumbsup:

Haha. I used to do that as well when I was in high school. :lol:

Haha. I used to do that as well when I was in high school. :lol:

:D