Axl's album deal with UMG and a prospect of a 2013 release

ManetsBR

Thats a crazy theory. There's zero indication of any release happening in november. The fact that he once used the bat time line doesnt mean anything more now than in the last 5 years after Chi.Dem. New music would be good, but there's no real indication or any hint of that happening anytime soon.

Who in their right mind would back another GnR release after the label and Axl burned Best Buy? UMG made their costs back and Axl got his album out. Im sure the label won't put out another GNR record unless it features the old line up AND includes an all original GnR tour, especially if Guns owe the label one more record because after that Guns are free to do whatever. There is no way the label will release current GnR from their contract or put out an album that doesn't feature the original line up. Think about how much money an all original line up album and tour would make. If you were head of the label and Guns owed you one last album, would you release one that might make a bit of profit? Or string it along and wait for one that will make A WHOLE LOT of profit? It is no secret the label have been pushing for a reunion for a decade now. Most of the past managers were fired for that. Management are meant to liason between the artist and label and Doc, Peter and Azoff were all fired due to pushing for a reunion both for their own benefit and the labels. We are not getting 'CD II" or any follow up for a very very long time.

Guest Manny Manner

I'm not sure there is any 5 year deadline in place for GNR. The fact they have never exceeded 5 years in terms of releasing things is merely coincidence.

I highly doubt that. Just coincidence that most of the records are released on the same day too?

Interesting theory, after the release of Bowie's latest record I believe anything can happen with regard to albums suddenly being released without anyone knowing or expecting. Would love a statement to come out the blue with a release date that is stuck to.

I'd be shocked if the label doesnt want a new album. Its rediculous to think they wouldnt. As i've said on previous threads, so long as the production and marketing costs are in line with realistic sales targets - profit can be made on any album release. They will have learnt their lesson with CD. Costs wont be as high, sales expectations lower and a more realistic business plan will be put in place.

A Nu-GNR release is still a hell of alot less risky then some artists that put material out. There is no reason the label wouldnt want it.

Guest Manny Manner

Interesting theory, after the release of Bowie's latest record I believe anything can happen with regard to albums suddenly being released without anyone knowing or expecting. Would love a statement to come out the blue with a release date that is stuck to.

I'd be shocked if the label doesnt want a new album. Its rediculous to think they wouldnt. As i've said on previous threads, so long as the production and marketing costs are in line with realistic sales targets - profit can be made on any album release. They will have learnt their lesson with CD. Costs wont be as high, sales expectations lower and a more realistic business plan will be put in place.

A Nu-GNR release is still a hell of alot less risky then some artists that put material out. There is no reason the label wouldnt want it.Per

Perhaps the label isn't willing to invest in and promote a new album the way that Axl feels is necessary for a GNR record. Just speculating...

A Nu-GNR release is still a hell of alot less risky then some artists that put material out. There is no reason the label wouldnt want it.Per

Perhaps the label isn't willing to invest in and promote a new album the way that Axl feels is necessary for a GNR record. Just speculating...

then it's Axl's fault, again :lol: