Axl's album deal with UMG and a prospect of a 2013 release

ManetsBR

What's GNR's deal with UMG regarding album releases? I remember having read about it but don't recall where or when exactly.

If I'm not mistaken they still owe UMG one last album, right? And again, if I'm not mistaken, they latest deal - after 1997/8 when NuGNR began - was at least one release every at least 5 years?

Live Era - 1999

Greatest Hits - 2004

Chinese Democracy - 2008

New album - At least until 2013?

That would explain Axl's and Beta's statement of planning a release at the end of the year and DJ's latest interview where he said they have 12 songs - apart from the Chinese Democracy sessions songs from the previous band.

TSI, Live Era and Chinese Democracy were all released on November 23, and there are strong rumors of a South American Tour at November: same time of when Axl said he wanted to release a new album and actually the same exact time of all the previous releases. Actually, one of the other admins of Axl Rose - Fan Club from Brazil told me got in touch with the director of events of HSBC Hall from Rio, and looks like Team Brazil is booking a date for Guns in November.

Also, let's not forget Axl's quote about a new album release date: "Same bat time, same bat channel."

I know perhaps we're looking for things where there's isn't anything to look, in a desperate way of searching for any evidence... But I think those things I wrote above shouldn't be ignored.

(:

Also, let's not forget Axl's quote about a new album release date: "Same bat time, same bat channel."

when did he say this?

also when in 2008 did we realise that chinese was actually coming out?

I think a more realistic release for your 5 year theory would be the vegas cd/dvd.

Edited by Axl_morris

I'm not sure there is any 5 year deadline in place for GNR. The fact they have never exceeded 5 years in terms of releasing things is merely coincidence.

I'm not sure Interscope would want to be associated with second installment from the Chinese Democracy era. Not only would I say they didn't get the material, but the name itself coupled with the imagery is too strong. Obviously Axl is going to have to appease their mainstream focus by including Dj ASHBA.

But who talked about Chinese Democracy II?

I'm already accepting the fact that the new album will be DJ-Axl material instead of the legendary Bucket-Brain-Finck-Axl supergroup music.

Clearly Axl is not going to just vault the rest of Chinese Democracy indefinitely. As Dj said, some of it will be selected along with things he and Axl have worked on. I would say in fact that Chinese era material will be the most prominent on any future album.

I hope so. But as you said, I don't think UMG is any interested in that material, I think it's possible that they would release this DJ stuff, so that their deal would come to an end - assuming the deal is as I wrote - so they could release the Chinese Democracy later, with another recording company, or another deal or independent or whatever.

Edited by ManetsBR

But who talked about Chinese Democracy II?

I'm already accepting the fact that the new album will be DJ-Axl material instead of the legendary Bucket-Brain-Finck-Axl supergroup music.

I don't think Universal gives a fuck about a DJ Axba album either. They'll only give Axl more money to record new material if Slash is in the fold.

I hope so. But as you said, I don't think UMG is any interested in that material, I think it's possible that they would release this DJ stuff, so that their deal would come to an end - assuming the deal is as I wrote - so they could release the Chinese Democracy later, with another recording company, or another deal or independent or whatever.

If Axl wants to, they need to release the rest of Chinese Democracy quickly to prevent further 'dating'. The compromise will be parts of Chinese Democracy II to get Axl on board, coupled with Dj led moments to create that commercial appeal typical of Interscope policy.

If memory serves the first rumblings were in August 2008 when info leaked about shacklers being on rockband. Then we heard about body of lies and If The World. From then we knew the release was inevitable.

There's still time for a 2013 release imo

I remember a poster who supposedly worked for UMG publishing claimed to have sent Madison proof that CD was turned in In July of '08..I think his name was Billy B? Anyone else remember this? Not sure if it turned out credible or not..

I remember a poster who supposedly worked for UMG publishing claimed to have sent Madison proof that CD was turned in In July of '08..I think his name was Billy B? Anyone else remember this? Not sure if it turned out credible or not..

Yes. He was legit. If you check out msl's forum, I just posted a storie about Jackie Chan. He had it...

Woops, looks like its actually your story I posted tippin! Didn't know that was you at first.... Haha! Hope thats ok I posted it.