More Sequels

first 3 Chucky movies were fun movies and the 1st one is a horror classic. Hopefully this can recapture that old fire again.

i hope so as well, iam glad it is going back to the horror style instead of a comedy of the last 2(although i did enjoy bride of chucky)

Guest Len B'stard

Always remind me of Jamie Bulger. Those films were near on impossible to find in England after that murder.

Edited by sugaraylen

Always remind me of Jamie Bulger. Those films were near on impossible to find in England after that murder.

Why do you associate the Chucky franchise with the Jamie Bulger story Len? I thought it was parts of Halloween which dotted the killing.

Guest Len B'stard

Why do you associate the Chucky franchise with the Jamie Bulger story Len? I thought it was parts of Halloween which dotted the killing.

Nah, it was Childs Play, weren't it? Childs Play 3 specifically i believe.

After a bit of searching, you're right. It wasn't only Halloween as I'd thought, but Child's Play 3 too.

Not really I don't think. The story was that the video had been found at the house of one of the kids and some scenes bore a vague similarity to aspects of the murder. The Sun (always popular in Liverpool) took this and ran with it to whip up a storm of controversy where there really was none.

The film also has become controversial because it has been indirectly linked to the brutal murder of James Bulger. The killers, who were 10 years old at the time, were said to have imitated a scene in which one of Chucky's victims is splashed with blue paint. Although these allegations against the film have never been proven, the case has led to some new legislation for video films.[8] Psychologist Guy Cumberbatch has stated, "The link with a video was that the father of one of the boys Jon Venables had rented Child's Play 3 some months earlier."[9] However, the police officer who directed the investigation, Albert Kirby, found that the son, Jon, was not living with his father at the time and was unlikely to have seen the film. Moreover, the boy disliked horror filmsa point later confirmed by psychiatric reports. Thus the police investigation, which had specifically looked for a video link, concluded there was none.[10]

Edited by Dazey