Is there a more entertaining screenplay than Oliver Stone's screenplay for Scarface?

I think Oliver Stone said he did a lot of cocaine when he wrote the screenplay for "Scarface".

Here's a list of some good ones with links to the screenplays:

http://whatculture.com/film/10-essential-screenplays-every-aspiring-screenwriter-must-read.php/7

I actually talked to a family member of Michael Arndt about how he came into making screenplays and he'd written something like 30 or 40 and was doing gofer work for years, and it was his brother that gave the thumbs up and down on each one. It wasn't until he wrote "Little Miss Sunshine" where his brother (who's a schoolteacher from what I remember being told) told him that's the one he should submit. The point is that writing takes time, trial and error, and sometimes family can be helpful in achieving your goals. How many songs did it take Izzy and Axl to get it right, or the right combination of people? Keep at it until you get it right, no one writes a hit song or an Oscar winning story right off the bat. Lennon and McCartney wrote 400 songs before they wrote "Love Me Do", most of which got tossed out in the trash.

Edited by dalsh327