Which method to Axl's madness have you disliked more?

Bobbo

Axl's methods  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Id rather be lied to than told "Fuck you" with silence.

At least when we had something to speculate on the ominous and the obvious didnt seem so apparent.

Sometimes this whole drama gets out of hand... and were just like standing around the hospital bed watching the heart monitor of the mighty GNR about to flatline.........

I think being kept in the dark is worse. No one likes to be ignored. Especially when it's a group of fans who remain genuinely interested, loyal, and only want the best for their favorite band. Refusing to communicate with the very same people who spend their hard earned cash on tickets, merchandise, travel expenses, etc., and even those that simply come to a forum dedicated to that band, certainly don't deserve to be treated as an annoyance.

My problem with Axl is his complete disregard for the fans and his arrogance.

Sure he doesn't owe us shit, sure he doesn't have to make albums every year or so... he could release 1 album every 10 years, but in my opinion he could do it in a more respectful way, by not keeping his fans on the dark and when he does come out of his "cave", by being on time to the shows and give 100% on his performance.

There's nothing worst and more disrespectful than keeping your audience (the people who most of the times come from a full day at work to watch you, waiting for 2 or 3 hours standing and waiting for him to come out) and then on top of that, justifying it by saying that he's more of a night guy and he doesn't like to play earlier or that he always got late for everything in his life.

There's nothing worst than that and let's not even go to the part where he says "this is a rock n'roll band", cause that's just BS.

Axl doesn't realize that other people have normal lives and are not as lucky as him to have their own schedules and the paycheck they always dreamed about and that they have to work the next day.

He doesn't know what it's like to have a normal life with a daily job, cause he hardly ever had that in the first place.

The whole "i do what i want because i'm rock star" is all fine and dandy but that should be left on stage as soon as the show is over. It should be a character kind of thing and not your real life portrait, but hey only my opinion.

The "like me or fuck you" attitude doesn't always work well.

I can't pick one.

Why can't this band just give their fans a little appreciation?

I guarantee you that if a forum sent those questions to a 100 different rock singers, 95 of them would have responded with real answers.

No news on a release date? OK, fine. You answered that question. But what about telling us what songs your working on? Are the CD songs being scrapped? Is the current band writing/recording together? WHY is that top secret information??????????

"I know it's been five years since the last release, so I understand why you guys are anxious for new music. Unfortunately, for various reasons, a new album probably won't come out in the near future. But my goal would be within the next year. We'll have to see what happens, but keep your fingers crossed."

and

"Nothing set in stone yet for another tour. We'd like to go back to South America, hit a few places we've not toured yet, and then come back and sweep the United States. Probably won't happen until 2014"

and

"There is nothing set in stone right now. We've got some great leftover songs from CD. I really love The General, Soulmonster and the entire song from the so-called checkmate clip you guys have heard. But I also want to be fair to the newer guys and let them put their talents to use on the next album. DJ is chomping at the bit and has sent me some really good tunes. So we've got a lot of options to choose from. I would guess it will be a mixture - some old CD songs as well as some songs written by the current band. And maybe a new cover thrown in just for fun."

"I'll probably wait until my career is a little closer to being over before I take on the challenge of releasing an autobiography! I guess in a few years we'll have to see if there is any demand for it!"

SEE HOW EASY that was? It took me about five minutes to type. Didn't say anything shocking or profound. But answered the questions in a respectful and fairly honest way.

Why can't Axl do something as simple as that????????

I may have interpreted it the wrong way but I'm assuming by 'we know nothing' they actually meant 'we are not going to tell you anything'. I would have preferred them just to have said that. As management claiming they know nothing is just weird, not telling at least insinuates that something is going on.