Favorite action star?

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Chan - like Samo and Biao - was one of the Seven Little Fortunes who learnt a Northern Style, very classical, brand of Kung Fu. They also learnt Lion Dance and Chinese Theatre. They were more acrobatic and versatile than Bruce. Bruce's foundation was Wing Chun which is a more, grounded, Southern school of fighting anyhow but especially when Bruce began to incorporate Karate, western boxing (Ali's footwork) and other styles of fighting into it. He arrived at Jeet Kune Do.

I am probably more a Bruce fan than a Chan fan but, you see, the question concerned 'action star'. If the question was, 'Kung Fu star' I would have said Bruce. Bruce was more the, complete Kung Fu man, philosophically, physically. It is a total different background from Sifu Yuen's school. Jackie however is Mr Action as far as I am concerned. Samo, like Bruce, is the superior Kung Fu man. Samo is also a superior director and fight choreographer than Jackie. Yuen Biao is the superior acrobat of the three, but Chan is the only one who can employ all those facades into one package.

I'm not a big action film fan, but the ones I have seen with Arnold are really good

Total Recall being my favorite

What about female action stars, even though there's not many of them?

Signourney Weaver (Angelina Jolie is waaaay overrated in my opinion )