Favorite action star?

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Len B'stard

Don't get me wrong, he made some cool movies around that whole Police Story era but like...as a martial artist? I dunno. Can't question his importance as an actor in his field though.

That's a tough question to answer. As far as whose movies I enjoy the most I'd say Arnold overall. Then again, I also love Stallone's movies and Bruce Willis tops the list for Die Hard alone which I feel is one of the greatest action movies of all time. I'll vote Arnold for the sake of the poll.

really like every actor listed... van damme and seagal top my list, cuz every movie theyve done is 100% action (to my knowledge anyways) everyone else has done non-action flicks, which i didnt enjoy... statham has to be at the bottom of the list, although i do like some of his movies, they just all seem exactly the same

cant beleive no one mentionned fucking CHUCK NORRIS ! lol

another honorable mention would be clint eastwood from his dirty harry days

and flying in under the radar : dolph lundgren

Don't get me wrong, he made some cool movies around that whole Police Story era but like...as a martial artist? I dunno. Can't question his importance as an actor in his field though.

The following Chan fights are some of the greatest fight scenes in the entire genre...

- The two against Benny the Jet Urquidez (Wheels on Meals and Dragons Forever).

- v Ken Lo (Drunken Master 2).

- The two fights against Wong Jang Lee (Snake and the Eagle's Shadow and Drunken Master).

You could also argue a case for the Monks and Amazonian fight scenes in Armour of God, or, the Lau Gar Leung pole-fight in Drunken Master 2. I personally like the playground bash em' up from Police Story 2. By the way, the first Benny Urquidez fight from Wheels on Meals got voted the greatest fight scene in some martial arts magazine - I think it was Martial Arts Illustrated but do not quote me on that.

Edited by DieselDaisy

Guest Len B'stard

Did it really?!?! I've seen a lot of these but we're talking like 18 years ago. Remember back in the day Newsagents used to have like videos for sale from like 99p to 3.99 and they'd all be Jackie Chan movies and stuff like that? Well back in them days i saw them, Police Story, Crime Story i think, i'm buggered if i can remember them much but i remember wheels on meals vividly cuz i think i taped that off of somewhere or someone.

One criticism i read once of Jackie Chan and the others in comparison to Bruce was that they confuse the graceful speed of well executed martial arts with a certain franticness that makes it border on looking clumsy. Not necessarily a perspective i subscribe to but i do think there is something to it.

MV5BMTYxMzQ1MTkyNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTY3

LEEEEEEEGENDDD! :D