'Generally speaking' - Should we re-assess this?

gavgnr

So there's been alot of talk and dismay (?) regarding Guns' latest tweet about the status of a new album, amongst other things. Admittedly when I first read the comment I was disappointed having been fairly optimistic about a potential response from Axl or Guns.

But having had a few days to digest the comment and a few whiskeys tonight having had a shit week at work I thought that maybe we're missing the pretty qualifying statement that is loaded into the Guns tweet. 'Generally speaking' can be way of obviously not being too specific, a way of making a point without being drawn into a definitive and accountable statement.

Look guys, I am aching for new guns music just like you. But contrary to the many comments on here suggesting that this tweet is a major blow for the die-hard fans I would counter that this might be Guns way of telling is to just hang fire for a short while. It stands a damn good chance that plans are afoot and things are moving but until these are near set on stone Guns simply cannot afford to even hint at a possible release. Why? Because if things don't materialise the backlash will be massive.

So in short I say this. Lets try and keep the faith a little. I think the tweet from Guns is as much as they can say at this point in time, and I sincerely feel that the 'generally speaking' comment is key.

Edited by gavgnr

I dunno dude. I hear what you're saying, but I'm pretty that by saying "Generally speaking" they were delicately saying that "Across the board" there are no plans in place for any kind of release, album or otherwise.

I have analyzed the hell out of this tweet and have come to the conclusion that it could only mean one thing.

I believe they were trying to say that: Generally speaking, we have no information on tours, albums, or DVDs. When things get confirmed we'll let you know. Thanks for your patience.

• Like 1

Nope. They have to win me over for me to get back on board. New music, shows where Axl sounds good featuring new music, that's about all I'll accept anymore. Everything else falls way short. I'll continue to see this band as the joke it is until Axl gets off his ass.

• Like 1

I would counter that this might be Guns way of telling is to just hang fire for a short while. It stands a damn good chance that plans are afoot and things are moving but until these are near set on stone Guns simply cannot afford to even hint at a possible release.

Why not just say that then?

band members say talk to management, management says talk to Axl, Axl says ask the label?

More like everyone points to Axl and Axl points to the label. Or Slash.

the band members hardly ever point at Axl, you better know better.

Last week there was a rumor .... so once and for all GNR twitted an official notice in GENERAL ....

Fernando Lebeis: Getting a lot of messages about a "canceled" GNR tour in Brasil, we are working on dates in which makes sense for both the band and our dear promoter. So, hang tight and don't let the rumors get the best of you. When it does happen, you will all be very happy with the dates. I promise.

Some media, detractors, haters, fake-fans and fans have been stirring rumors about negativity.

GNR has been trending online in the past few days. I guess GNR will be back on Billboard 200 again next week. Any negative publicity is a good publicity. It's a win-win situation on GNR camp while doing nothing....

band members say talk to management, management says talk to Axl, Axl says ask the label?

I can only assume you're joking.

I can only assume you're joking.
I thought you were?