Why I feel Team Brazil / Axl have let the fans down.

Towelie

It is a stretch of Reed Richards proportions to suggest that people are suicidal and depressed sniveling whiners unable to find other avenues of entertainment, simply because they would like to hear songs they have heard about for 14 fucking years.

If you don't want to discuss Guns n' Roses, might I suggest not posting and complaining about it on a band message board? After all, there are literally hundreds of thousands of other ways to entertain yourself.

Im just saying that some of this constant "im so butthurt that team Brazil and Axl dont blow me regularlly and often" thread after thread after thread gets some people out there so fanatical that it appears pathetic. Read some of them...entitlement to the living definition....depressed and sad and perhaps not suicidal but damn near sounding like it.. AS IF thier very well being and lives revolved around GNR and its pathetic little drama of silence. THe crux of the point is see it for what it is was and will never be...it has never been a fan bonanza by any stretch of the imagination with this band. Im right there shoulder to shoulder with many of you and even voice my sniviling whinning sense of indiginity about this shit-HENCE why i took an objebtive view on it all...Really? Really when did I get so fucking desperate that I had to whine about something like a retro rock band for my happiness and contentment?????

there are other venues of course. Ill discuss anything anywhere from what ever angle it calls for with GNR...and rather my opinion has weight with others of similar merit all the better..if not its just mindless fun done killing time.

Ya know once we fans have rioted and torn up the scene metaphorically speaking because Axl and Team Brazil didnt meet our expectations ...we sometimes come across as entitled fucking assholes...and If it was in team Brazil or camp Axl id say fuck you grow up people and move on. Thats all...not personal attacks on any one person just a comment.

So much is wrong about this.

People come to this forum because they are big time supporters and fans of Axl Rose. Some of us have been financially supporting is career for 25 years. He is my favorite rock singer of all time. Wishing he'd put out more than one album every 20 years, or that he (or his management team) could simply give his millions of fans an occassional respectful update on the band's plans is not - as you put it - "butthurt because Axl and Team Brazil don't blow me."

If you don't want to read people complaining or griping about things (which is EXACTLY what you are doing in your recent posts) then why come to this forum???? Why not post at the band's forum or at HTGTH. There you can get 100% positive comments, 100% of the time.

And your final sentence. Well, then you wouldn't be in a very succesfull band then. I was just watching a thing on Metallica and one of the band members said that the fans were the fifth member of their band. ONLY in GnR are die-hard fans who wish their favorite singer/band would put out more music considered to be selt entitled assholes who don't deserve another record from the band!!!

Your posts are so full of anger and negativity. Maybe you are the one who needs to get off the message boards and go enjoy life?

• Like 1

3. Rose Is Shopping for a New Label Deal

Geffen released Chinese Democracy via an exclusive deal with Best Buy that was a total bust. But Axl isn't done with the label system just yet. "Once I get the next things sorted out with the label, then I feel I can get to that creative place that I've been fighting to get to, and to use Guns N' Roses to do so," he said, later adding, "We're gonna be busy we're gonna be busy all next year. We'll be putting out new stuff as soon as we can figure out what our deal is with labels, blah blah blah."

Axl 12/2012

KISS does this with Wal-Mart, since there are no real music stores around anymore. The trouble with that is, their lyrics are PG at best. Any good GnR music with "cocaine tongues" and "I had to kill her" would like get a censorship challenge from Wal Mart. No one wants that, even for new music.

When you take an objective look at all of this...its easy to see why the fucking world has become a bunch of sniviling whiners with nothing but grandious senses of entitlement. In the modern era there are litterly hundreds of thousands of ways to distract and or entertain yourselfs without getting suicidal and depressed because Axl and his crew dont etertain you to your esteemed selves.Do i think they screw the pooch myself? absolutely but my life and its well being doesnt hing on rather Axl gets another album out...and moreso lately if its to be more of the CD type of material forthcoming.I am perfectly content to let it ride out and remind myself as the Robert Frost poem says "Nothing Gold Can Stay"Perhaps we are the only ones in a frenzy about the vaunted GNR legacy. That era of 87-93 will always stand as the great and glorious years of GNR. From here on out GNR is just what it is and that is this model and level of "fame" . If by some chance the man comes out and throws a hail mary pass and GNR blaze up the world again..Bravo all the nicer for me and the world to enjoy something unique and fun! But frankly there comes a time you have to stop grieving and mourning for what IS . was and what can never be again.

What a load of horseshit.

Fans feeling let down has nothing to do with a "sense of entitlement" or any other of Axl's nonsensical and quite frankly piss-poor list of excuses which get bandied around and cringefully recited word-for-word by loyal disciples such as yourself.

As for the implication that anybody who complains about the bands lack of productivity must somehow be too reliant on Axl/GNR to satisfy their entertainment needs, I fail to see how one necessarily has anything to do with the other.

I don't even listen to GNR anymore - there's only so many times you can listen to a relatively meagre back catalogue before it grows stale. It wouldn't bother me in the slightest if I never heard November Rain or YCBM again. I still consider them to be great songs but I listen to a shit-tonne of other artists and bands and there's way too much great music out there to obsess and whore songs I've already heard hundreds of times.

Perhaps if Axl doesn't want fans to have expectations of him he should think twice before bragging numerous times about all these elusive "big guns" sitting around in the vault.

Edited by Towelie

Looking back on the "ask Axl 5 questions" debacle that was brushed off so readily by GNR's Twitter, I really feel like Team Brazil (or Axl) have let the fans down on this.

We weren't asking for a release date, most of us accept that new music isn't on the horizon anytime in the near future. All we want to know is that a new album will eventually be released at some point, whether it's next year or 2018 (more likely sadly).

Couldn't Axl have at least confirmed that much? I understand the reluctance to raise people's hopes in case plans change. This has happened in the past and then held against Axl when things fail to materialise, so I get why they wouldn't want to make any promises. But all we ever wanted to hear was something like "recording new music is still a goal for this lineup. It will come when it's ready." That would've sufficed. Would that have been so hard??

It would be nice to know, or at least I'd be curious to know, in what direction they are leaning for the next record. Will it be to clear the decks and wrap up the CD era by releasing more of that material? Or, is the plan currently to scrap any and all material from that era and record a new batch of songs for the next record with this current lineup?

Ali

my guess is a mix even if its just Axls songs that makie it. You can read into what was left over but its impossible to know.

Its interesting that its the Ezrin songs Shacklers, Scraped, Sorry that made the cut. Bouncing Silkworms, Atlas, Oh My God.

Somewhere in the background they didnt think CD had enough songs.