Will Slash be asked about Axl on Conan tonight? ( Channel TBS .. 11pm EST)

BBA

At 11pm EST tonight on TBS, Slash will be on Conan. Do you think Conan will ask him anything about Axl or was this on Slash's list of "no-no"s"?

Very interesting question. It all boils down to whether Slash approves a question to be asked about Axl. It's not outside the realm of possibility that he would indeed allow it. It is sure to be jokey and/or not in-depth however. But still nonetheless, great thread. We will have to see. What do you think BBA? Do you think Conan will be cleared to throw in an Axl question?

What do you think BBA? Do you think Conan will be cleared to throw in an Axl question?

I think there is a distinct possibility. Yes.

Like you said, maybe jokey or a nostalgic type of comment, but I don't think it will be the meat n potatoes of the conversation, even if Conan would like it to be.

What do you think BBA? Do you think Conan will be cleared to throw in an Axl question?

I think there is a distinct possibility. Yes.

Like you said, maybe jokey or a nostalgic type of comment, but I don't think it will be the meat n potatoes of the conversation, even if Conan would like it to be.

I don't think Conan wants it to be the meat n' potatoes of the interview. However I bet he at least proposed one Axl question. It remains to be seen how things will transpire.

Curiouser and curiouser.

I don't think Conan wants it to be the meat n' potatoes of the interview.

Really? I bet, like the rest of us, Conan would rather hear Slash talk about Axl instead of his upcoming horror flick.

Just like Jimmy Kimmel would have rather heard Axl talk about Slash as opposed to some Halloween tree.

Wasn't it confirmed reasonably recently that Slash has a "no Axl/GNR questions" policy in his interviews?

He does, but he's not mean enough to bypass questions when they're still brought up by journalists (which happens often). A lot of celebs will just turn to their publicists or storm off if off-topic questions are asked, but Slash tends to be pretty gracious about it. Howard Stern is a good example - he went on about Axl a lot. But you kind of know everything's off the table when you go on Stern.

Conan probably won't ask any Axl questions. He's professional and efficient enough as an interviewer that he'll probably just touch on all the stuff Slash is there to promote (the movie, the soundtrack) and keep it simple. If Axl is brought up most likely it'll just be as part of a joke or something.

Wasn't it confirmed reasonably recently that Slash has a "no Axl/GNR questions" policy in his interviews?

Source?

I remember reading it on here or some other GNR forum.

A month or two after Axl snubbed the Rock Hall, Slash did an interview where he stated that he won't answer any more Axl questions.

"We'll be right back with Slash!" - Conan

He does, but he's not mean enough to bypass questions when they're still brought up by journalists (which happens often). A lot of celebs will just turn to their publicists or storm off if off-topic questions are asked, but Slash tends to be pretty gracious about it. Howard Stern is a good example - he went on about Axl a lot. But you kind of know everything's off the table when you go on Stern.

Slash's most recent interview with Stern was f'n great. It's on youtube. (surprised, I'm sure).

At one point when Stern was asking questions about what led to his and Perla's temporary split, Slash actually said "let's talk about GNR instead". :lol:

I never knew Slash was a Sponge Bob fan.

Slash has been going to Disneyland every year since he was a kid.

He went straight from rehab to a Disney Cruise.

Slash brought hamburgers for the Conan crowd (hmm .. sound familiar?)

Edited by BBA