Tommy Stinson 2001 tshirt

SeBaZ

Axl showed the artwork on the screens at a 2002 show, so it very well could've been done in 2001.

Hong Kong, right? Does anyone have any pictures/video/audio from this show?

08.14.02 - Summer Sonic Festival, Hall 3, Hong Kong Convention And Exhibition Centre, Hong Kong, China

attendance: 2,000 +/-

set: Welcome To The Jungle, It's So Easy, Mr. Browstone, Live And Let Die, Think About You, You Could Be Mine, Sweet Child O'Mine, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Out Ta Get Me, Madagascar, Guitar Solo [buckethead], Piano Solo, November Rain, Rocket Queen, Chinese Democracy, Patience, The Blues, My Michelle, Nightrain

encore: Paradise City

audio/video recording?: no

notes: GN’R hit the stage around 10 p.m., about 90 minutes after the opening band, for their first-ever concert in China. The lineup was Axl, Dizzy, Chris Pitman, Robin Finck, Buckethead, Brain, Tommy Stinson & newly-added rhythm guitarist Richard Fortus. During Buckethead’s solo, he played parts of the ‘Star Wars Theme’ and ‘Pirates Of The Caribbean.’ Buckethead also did his famous nunchuk dance, during which he threw his nunchuks into the crowd. Before ‘Chinese Democracy,’ Axl explained the title of the album and showed the crowd [on the video screen] the artwork for the new album. The artwork is black and white and features a bicycle, with a wall behind it that someone painted with “Guns N’ Roses!!” The video screen at the start of ‘Paradise City’ depicted the flag of China, then several shots of Hong Kong from a car and a helicopter. During the song, pyros and fireworks were shot off followed by shots of red and yellow confetti, which then fell from the ceiling.

It's a GNR logo that was used during 01/02. Was also featured as a stage lightup backdrop thing at the 12.31.01 show, Brain's drum kit in 2002,& Dizzy can be seen wearing the black version at the VMAs in 2002. As far as I know the tank tops with that logo were only made for the band.

Is not the same.

01/02 logo - Star with yellow-red gradient and dark red stroke

New_Guns_N___Roses_Logo_by_fmvgomes.jpg

VMA

image640x480.jpg

Brain's drum kit

1200338076_f.jpg

Edited by SeBaZ