Why do Frank and Fortus have emoticons but Slash and Steven don't?

bacardimayne

This has been explained several times, but here it is again:

I made all the new emoticons ( :axl::bbf::4tus: , etc) for a different GN'R forum. When I joined the mod team here, I offered them to HV and UK. They liked them and added them to the site. The site they were made for already had a Bucket and Slash emoticon so I didn't need to make those. I'd assumed this site already had a Slash one so I didn't think I needed to make one.

Soon after the new ones went up, many users asked for Slash and Bucket. I made one of each and sent them to HV. As HV said, he wants to work on the Slash one a little bit before it goes up. When he's finished with it, he'll put that up along with Bucket.

As for Steven and Pitman, I couldn't really find any features to distinguish them in such a small icon, so I figured I'd just leave them out. As HV said, anyone else is more than welcome to try.

So.... no. No censorship, nothing to do with TB or anything at all like that.

If someone can tell me how to make one on a MacBook, I'll attempt a Fernando, Beta, Dizzy and possibly Vanessa one.

Just my thoughts, but I believe opening it up to members of TB would just cause a lot more problems than it's worth haha.

If you wanna try a Dizzy one though, just take a look around YouTube, that's all I did to learn how to make them in Windows.

• 1 month later...

So what is the progress on the Slash Emoticon? Izzy and Duff have one but no Slash....I suspect foul play is at thand here................... :suspicious:

I sent one of Slash and Bucket to HV a few months back but he wanted to work on it some before putting it on the board. I know he's been busy with work and college so I don't think he's had time to mess with it much.

So what is the progress on the Slash Emoticon? Izzy and Duff have one but no Slash....I suspect foul play is at thand here................... :suspicious:

I sent one of Slash and Bucket to HV a few months back but he wanted to work on it some before putting it on the board. I know he's been busy with work and college so I don't think he's had time to mess with it much.

BTW, here's what I sent for Slash and Bucket:

2hrocip.png

2dsldhd.png

They would have a transparent background though like the ones we're already using.

:shocked: ...I can think of nothing more important.......... where are the man's priorities!..................... :lol:

How about a Beta one?

The beta is the enemy of the good.

2hrocip.png

2dsldhd.png

They would have a transparent background though like the ones we're already using.

I like the Bucket emoticon. Slash looks too feminine

How about a Beta one?

The beta is the enemy of the good.

2hrocip.png

2dsldhd.png

I like the Bucket emoticon. Slash looks too feminine

I'm assuming that's one of the problems HV had with it lol

It was one of those things where I just couldn't seem to get it right, so I gave up. I'm sure he'll be able to get to it and fix it up soon.

I couldn't quite put my finger on what it was. Bucket looks awesome and I've been meaning to add him, just wanted to have a play around with Slash first I suppose. Russ sent these to me months ago, just one of those things that I keep forgetting to do. I'll definitely get to it soon! :P

So...... "soon" is the word??

Sorry...I literally could not resist.

• Like 1