Guns N Roses Image

Chainsforalice

As much as we hate to admit Image played a huge part in the success of Guns N Roses when they first started out. Here's my question do you think Slash is known more for his image than his talent, i mean like if he shaved his head

over night what would happen ? I'd imagine he would lose a lot of momentum with building up new fans, only thinking about it cause a well know. Aussie muso shaved his locks cause people knew him more for his hair than his talent.

By a complete stroke of luck, Slash developed a self-image that has always evaded the wrath of fashion. He will always be synonymous with that pop culture that surrounds "cool".

That's what's so funny about all the gnfnrs people around here: almost all of the criticisms of DJ can be applied to Slash too. Oops!

You mean the criticisms that he's never played on a GNR album and that he's never written a memorable riff in his life? Oops! :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Yeah, to take the whole world late from the late 80's onwards the image had to work, of course.

Slash is already on the nostalgia/old clown -phase of his career, so whatever he does will never impact highly on anything. shaving his head would most likely be a bad move, ie. he would get some negative press and internet buzz because of it for 2 days, but he is Slash, an old guy with a big name, so whatever he has left show-biz wise wouldn't be that much affected.

That's what's so funny about all the gnfnrs people around here: almost all of the criticisms of DJ can be applied to Slash too. Oops!

You mean the criticisms that he's never played on a GNR album and that he's never written a memorable riff in his life? Oops! :rolleyes:

Notice the use of the phrase "almost all."

Notice the use of the phrase "almost all."

Lol, have you not heard any Sixx: A.M.? Dj is an excellent guitarist.

Ashba was always more about flash rather than substance, while Slash (at least in his heyday) maintained a delicate balance between being cool, and having the actual chops to have earned that title.

Exactly.

But Dude, don't you know that bashing Slash makes you a bigger and better Axl fan?

Ashba was always more about flash rather than substance, while Slash (at least in his heyday) maintained a delicate balance between being cool, and having the actual chops to have earned that title.

Exactly.

But Dude, don't you know that bashing Slash makes you a bigger and better Axl fan?

Absolutely true. But I doubt that Slash chancing his appearance and style wouldn't raise criticism and negativity. It's not's Slash's fault. It'd be the general public that has always overated appearance in an artist.

Exactly.

Absolutely true. But I doubt that Slash chancing his appearance and style wouldn't raise criticism and negativity. It's not's Slash's fault. It'd be the general public that has always overated appearance in an artist.

My man.