Reason for all the covers songs played live.

volcano62

I hated the ones from '92 as well.

Same here...does any other band do this?

I remember Axl being happy with Matt stating "we finally have a drummer than can do a drum solo"

I've actually just watched a couple live videos of Matt/Duff/Slash soloing. That was some good shit. Beats the hell out of Frank Ferrer.

Does Frank have a solo spot?

Not officially. There's a crappy video of a drum solo he did during the band introduction in Osaka 2009. Just a minute and a half of off-kilter drumming. I really think he's the worst drummer GNR has had. Flails in comparison to Adler, Sorum and Brain.

Yeah, I've seen and heard that, but I always just looked at that as an extended intro to Scraped- which I think really fit the song.

I know alot of people joke about the solo spots being a piss break but thats actually the reason i think they should keep em... i drink alot at concerts and i dont wanna miss a good song, so i think the solos are awesome

Yep.

They should put Mama Kin on the set list.

I think another part of the need for the solos is to give Axl a break. I don't mind "some" solos. I liked Slash's Godfather and I really like Bbf's don't cry solo. But they could cut a few of them out. I don't care to see drum solos by anyone anymore, Sorum's was boring imo. I don't think fortus, ashba, and bbf need solos. And bbf has been pretty much taking 2 with dont cry, he could just make that "his" solo.