Carnival of Light or Chinese leftovers?

luciusfunk

Carnival of Light or Chinese leftovers?  

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Carnival of Light is an unreleased Beatles recording from the Sgt. Pepper sessions said to be very avant garde and 13:48 in length. It was supposed to be released on Anthology 2 in 1996, but vetoed by Harrison.

And we all know the myths surrounding the Chinese Democracy leftovers.

I'm expecting this to be a massive landslide.

Edited by luciusfunk

I mean that kinda goes without saying and that's coming from someone who thinks the Beatles are much better than GNR. And just apply some basic logic; would you rather have a shitty song or a fuckload of potentially good material?

I'm kinda hoping that if Chinese Leftovers is ever released it's greeted with the warm of the Smile Sessions when they got released a few years ago. Maybe there's enough quality work in to construct the masterpiece Axl always wanted to create.

Considering it's never been heard in full by anyone but those present at the recording and the guy The Beatles wrote it for, I'd like to know how it's shitty.

Personally I'd rather hear Carnival of Light. If I could choose only one, it'd be a tough choice, but I'd go with The Beatles.

Though from what I read, there's only a 50 year copyright on unreleased songs in the UK, so we'll probably hear it by 2017.

Edited by luciusfunk

Carnival of Light is a curiosity but there has to be a reason for "The Beatles" to put it out there. It's a finished song and Paul should be able to put the song out somehow, even if he just plays it on a radio show or some event where it's background music.

I'd rather hear the GNR songs. I doubt we're missing much by not hearing it, but of course we've heard the fakes. People have asked Mark Lewisohn about the stuff on You Tube and he said they're definitely not it, and unless someone actually stole Paul's copy or went in the EMI vault (which had happened, but they overlooked this one), would be able to hear it.

Guest Len B'stard

I'd rather listening to 13 minutes of the gentle click from the beatles using their fingernails to scrape crud from under their toenails for 13 minutes than the contents of Axl Roses entire vault.

Carnival of Light is a curiosity but there has to be a reason for "The Beatles" to put it out there. It's a finished song and Paul should be able to put the song out somehow, even if he just plays it on a radio show or some event where it's background music.

I'd rather hear the GNR songs. I doubt we're missing much by not hearing it, but of course we've heard the fakes. People have asked Mark Lewisohn about the stuff on You Tube and he said they're definitely not it, and unless someone actually stole Paul's copy or went in the EMI vault (which had happened, but they overlooked this one), would be able to hear it.

From what I read, Paul would need permission from Yoko, Olivia Harrison, and Ringo to have it officially released.

Guest Len B'stard

Thing is, you might get 30 plus songs with the Chinese outakes. Carnival of Light is just a Revolution #9 type of thing which John and Paul produced for some rave in 1967.

Take the Chinese Democracy CD, hold it in one hand…then hold the other hand out…stare at it's emptiness, close your eyes for a moment and repeat the words 'unreleased beatles track' a few times…then stop slowly, turn your head and look at the Chi Dem CD…perhaps turn it around, look at the song listing…take each song, song by song, consider their quality, remember them…then look at the other hand, the empty hand…think…stop and think, stop and think about who and what The Beatles are/were…think about it really, THAT band…then look back at Chi Dem in the other hand...

Now answer :lol: