JFK

TombRaider

Did Oswald act alone?  

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yesterday I watched Thirteen days and JFK back to back. Yeah… I had nothing to do. You should see them if you haven't already.

Thirteen days (2000)

Thirteen_days_poster.jpg

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0146309/

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/thirteen_days/

This one is about the Cuban missile crisis (1962), when we came very close to an all-out nuclear war between the US and the USSR.

JFK (1992)

JFK-poster.png

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0102138/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/1037756-jfk/

And this one is about the assassination of JFK and the conspiracy theory surrounding this death.

After watching them, I read up on the whole assassination thing and it seems that all the official documents surrounding JFK's death will be disclosed in 2029. Why so late though?

Do you guys think Oswald acted alone? Or do you think JFK was indeed assassinated by the US government and/or the mafia?

img_art_11205_3383.jpg

Libra (1988) is a novel written by Don DeLillo. It focuses on the life of Lee Harvey Oswald and offers a speculative account of the events that shaped the assassination of John F. Kennedy.

The book takes the reader from Oswald's early days as a child, to his adolescent stint in the US Marine Corps, through his brief defection to the USSR and subsequent marriage to a Russian girl, and finally his return to the US and his role in the assassination of Kennedy.

In DeLillo's version of events, the assassination attempt on Kennedy is in fact intended to fail; the plot is instigated by disgruntled former CIA operatives who see it as the only way to guide the government to war on Cuba.

• Like 2

The movie JFK, has a bunch of inaccuracies in it. Oliver Stone even admitted that it was a little over done. Stone is convinced there was a conspiracy though.

I think the CIA was involved in some capacity.

Here's a fun fact.

During the Warren Commisions inquiry, they were getting much of their evidence from the CIA. The CIA would give their evidence to a supposed filter who would look things over then give it to the Warren Commision. Turns out, unbeknownst to the Commision, that filter was John Joannides, an employee of the CIA. So there is a very good chance he could have been destroying, changing or redacting evidence implicating the CIA or other agencies.

During the 2nd inquiry, in the 70's (HSCA), the same exact thing happened with the same guy. He wasn't found out until years after. Nice.

The FBI's report was never finished. So the WC was using an incomplete report to use for their findings.

There are countless errors and omissions in the Warren Report. Key witness testimony was ignored, witnesses were murdered etc... Three of the 7 members of the WC felt it was a conspiracy. The ones who didn't, were either former members of the CIA, friends with LBJ or disliked JFK. Or all of the above.

The HSCA found that there was a good chance of conspiracy. Their report isn't perfect either but is better than the WC report.

Guest Len B'stard

Aren't they meant to release em sooner? I mean Lennons FBI files are out already. And that was after poor old John Fitzgerald getting turned over.

Edited by sugaraylen

Aren't they meant to release em sooner? I mean Lennons FBI files are out already. And that was after poor old John Fitzgerald getting turned over.

Last I heard it was 2029. I don't think there was a conspiracy. JFK (Stone film) is utter garbage and not worth watching. I have yet to see anything convincing that there is a conspiracy, there are scientific reasons which account for the inconsistencies in the shootings (movement of JFK's body, bullet wound locations on JFK and the mayor being "inconsistent").

img_art_11205_3383.jpg

Libra (1988) is a novel written by Don DeLillo. It focuses on the life of Lee Harvey Oswald and offers a speculative account of the events that shaped the assassination of John F. Kennedy.

The book takes the reader from Oswald's early days as a child, to his adolescent stint in the US Marine Corps, through his brief defection to the USSR and subsequent marriage to a Russian girl, and finally his return to the US and his role in the assassination of Kennedy.

In DeLillo's version of events, the assassination attempt on Kennedy is in fact intended to fail; the plot is instigated by disgruntled former CIA operatives who see it as the only way to guide the government to war on Cuba.

I'm always wanting to read this book. normally after reading a Ellroy Underworld book. Those books always hovering around JFK. it kind of gives you a good impression of the times where everyone is desperate and corrupt and hedonistic. to paint jfk as a saint just isn't right. its not impossible he was hit by the mob any other variation. he was virtually mob anyway. they bought that election with the mob. but it seems like the US was up fro grabs at that the. right now things seem more under control.

theres thousands of files that were meant to be released in the late 90s that got canned. thats when i started to really believe in somethings a miss. I've thought maybe its more oswald was a spy. but with almost 50% americans think jfk were killed by the CIA u'd think they'd do something.

I've always thought that JFK was indeed assassinated by a conspiracy involving the CIA and maybe some US government officials. Oswald must've been nothin' but a scapegoat. I mean, the guy gets shot before he even has a chance to defend himself? Right… and all those witnesses whose testimonies were dismissed by the Warren Comission… I don't know. It sounds weird to me. And what about the actual assassination footage. That last shot, man, you can tell he was shot from the front, and not from the back, as the WC claimed. Well… I guess we'll have to wait until 2029 to find out.

[img_art_11205_3383.jpg

awesome book! certainly the best about jfk's assassination.

I think jfk was using his popularity to do crazy shit like pull out of vietnam.

it probably had more to do with cuba than with vietnam. a lot of anticastristas (especially americans who had financial interests in cuba) felt betrayed by jfk's attitude towards cuba after the bay of pigs failed invasion...... Edited by durruti column

Oswald was hanging around with some bay of pigs guys. Point being when you piss enough people off what can you expect. Jfk seemed like he was riding public opinion kind of oblivious to what he was doing or how it effected certain groups. And it was that public image that kind of blinded us to what kind if people he was mixed up with. People Frank Sinatra thats cool. But frank would have his heavies break legs if he had to read a movie line more than once.

If the government wasn't involved, why didn't they uncover the whole conspiracy? The fact that nothing's been done and that nobody was arrested, besides Oswald, goes to show that the US government was indeed involved in the conspiracy, at least to some degree. I mean, you'd think the Secret Service and the FBI would manage to find out exactly what happened, instead of just buying some bullshit story involving a crazy lone gunman who was able to shoot that fast in such a short period of time.

Edited by TombRaider

there's so much bullshit that seems to surround the whole JFK assassination thing, of course the movie isn't truthful (its a brilliant movie in its self though, probably my favorite, the scene with Sutherland alone is worth the 3 hours) but its made to provoke you, it certainly did to me. I don't believe that LHO managed to do it by himself, seems pretty incredible feet of arms if he did, and against much logical testament that he was a crap shooter, the gun sucked, witness saw/heard other gunshots etc, plus the botched autopsy of the President, fact remains if there was nothing doing then the idiots shouldn't have bumbled around and actually released all evidence

interestingly the US governments official stance is there was likely a "conspiracy" from the findings of their retrospective 70s investigation, again though the answers were largely left untouched

• Like 1

I think jfk was using his popularity to do crazy shit like pull out of vietnam. If u go after the mob and fuck with military then you might expect some repurrcussions.

A few dayd before his death, JfK signed a paper that ordered the removal of 1000 military advisors from Vietnam. The day after JfK's death Johnson overturned that paper and the war was on.

The CIA are the masters of deception and manipulation. Only hours after the assassination Hoover had the media telling the country that Oswald was the lone gunman and acted alone.

Fun fact. Hoover was set to retire because JfK wasn't going to keep him around anymore. Kennedy hated the CIA and FBI because of their abuse of power. After JfK died hours later, Johnson made Hoover the director of the FBI for life!!!

If you want to read some interesting shit, look up Operation Northwoods. That file was accidentally discovered in the early 90's amongst all of the documents that were released concerning the death of JFK.

Upon hearing and reading about Op Northwoods, Kennedy threatened to ''splinter the CIA into 1000 pieces and scatter it into the wind''.

The head of the CIA at the time was Allen Dulles, JfK fired him. Johnson put Dulles on the Warren Commision. You can't make this shit up.

Oh, and Dulles was the man who helped over throw Guatemala in a Coup, and was a part of the Coup in Iran in 53.He helped write the CIA's book on assassination and cover ups.