10 Years on MyGNRForum

Congrats dude. There aren´t too many "oldies" from that era that are still lurking or posting.

I used to read the forum a lot during 2002 but I didn´t register until 2003. I´ve had good and bad times here, I´ve met old kinds of people and some even got to be friends in real life.

The first person who ever sent me a pm was a girl named Prettytiedup or something like that. I remember some of the veterans like Leigh-rock , Jack99, Charles Manson, Username, UK Subs... to name a few. A lot of people have come and gone including myself lol.

We're all basically timeless classics. Like Dark Side Of The Moon or Sgt. Pepper's or Exile On Main St.

Paula McKagan, Sekh Met, Big Boy Sixx, Binge&Slash, a_fan, IndiannaRose, Shearaxl, nameless_girl, Lindy, new_rose, Jive, Spike, The Terminator, Bono, Rammellezee, Mike Guilanna, Projected, R_lucky, Ghost_guns, Rocketking, Fukaji, badapples, Shaz, Cherry_bomb... Oh, and ARQ is also still around from that era. Ok, some of those are more 2005'ish, but that totally counts. The list is long. ;) Give me a while and I can think of more.

Very few of those ever posted anything worth reading.

Congrats dude. There aren´t too many "oldies" from that era that are still lurking or posting.

I used to read the forum a lot during 2002 but I didn´t register until 2003. I´ve had good and bad times here, I´ve met old kinds of people and some even got to be friends in real life.

The first person who ever sent me a pm was a girl named Prettytiedup or something like that. I remember some of the veterans like Leigh-rock , Jack99, Charles Manson, Username, UK Subs... to name a few. A lot of people have come and gone including myself lol.

We're all basically timeless classics. Like Dark Side Of The Moon or Sgt. Pepper's or Exile On Main St.

Paula McKagan, Sekh Met, Big Boy Sixx, Binge&Slash, a_fan, IndiannaRose, Shearaxl, nameless_girl, Lindy, new_rose, Jive, Spike, The Terminator, Bono, Rammellezee, Mike Guilanna, Projected, R_lucky, Ghost_guns, Rocketking, Fukaji, badapples, Shaz, Cherry_bomb... Oh, and ARQ is also still around from that era. Ok, some of those are more 2005'ish, but that totally counts. The list is long. ;) Give me a while and I can think of more.

Holy shit, whoa haha, that's a serious list. I remember like, all those names. Good call on 2005, too. I think the first IRS clip was responsible for a lot of newcomers.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but were you the guy who moved out west with his girlfriend and was planning on proposing to her?

Lots of good posters have come and gone over the years.... But anyway, Congrats on your milestone!

HO-LEE-SHIT, you remember that.... Wow... Yes. That girl & whole story was such a seriously impacting part of my life to the point where very lately, at 31, it's had me thinking that line, "What would have been different now, if I had done [X] back then?" The long & short of it is this (typing this out for whatever reason, don't know why you'd care to read lol but)

Dated the girl from mid 02 to mid 05. From 05 to 07, am in a serious world of hurt after realizing our plans to marry/settle down/have kids were not to happen. I regularly see a shrink and try tons of other methods to try and cope with a sad breakup. In 06, however, I visit Los Angeles, CA for the first time and absolutely fall in love with it. I end up thinking, "even if I feel like my emotional life is in ruins, I could rebuild myself out here..." I begin making plans to move out there at some point in the next year or two. You know, just to get away from everything and enjoy the sun. Fast forward to 08. I move out to Sacramento for a couple months with a family member who's attending college out there. The NIGHT before I leave Boston for CA, the girl calls me, talking about how she broke up with her boyfriend. So I go to CA and we talk on the phone every day until I tell her, "Hate to break it to you, but I plan on moving out here permanently, soon; to Los Angeles." She says, "OMG can we go together? Let's live together again....." I was ecstatic (timeline at that point was mid-spring/early summer of 08). By October, we'd started our trek from the East Coast, out west. Since we didn't completely have money to set up shop in LA yet, we detoured for a couple months at my family's getaway place in Detroit (I know, it sounds weird: who in their right mind would have a hideaway pad in Detroit?). In summary, it was the months in Detroit where we realized, "we're not gonna make it..." She after only 3 months, moved back to Boston. I did too, a little while after, abandoning my desire for LA, and have been back here ever since. Really though, what I took from all of that is that she & I simply weren't made for each other, and there were a lot of qualities about her I didn't like. Since that experience might have effed me up even more, I started working out and hitting the gym hard thinking, "Maybe if I get shredded, she'll love me again." Got shredded. Love didn't happen. However, perhaps the much greater and more important lesson I learned from the gym, was how to love myself again- something that I'd been unfamiliar with for years. So yeah, a silver lining maybe? I compete in fitness competitions all the time now and love the healthy lifestyle. She & I remain friends to this day, but that's it. I've dated girls here & there, fallen in love with one of them, hurt another, etc. "Such is life," as they say. As I am just another speck of dust in cosmic sand (maiden reference), if I can say anything to anyone, it's that if you're struggling with something in life, just try and reach out to someone. Shrinks (psychiatrists), in my experience, have been HUGELY helpful. So yeah, to answer your question lol. Yes that was me haha.

I've still got 5 years before I reach the decade mark. Congrats on being here 10 years :) Someone should make a mongage to "The Days of Our Lives" with all your best posts

Haha thanks man. Not a huge ton of them were significant though lol.

So many things happened in these 10 years, hundreds of gigs, several albums... :unsure: Oh well, at least you still can sing in your underwear. So congrats.

Hahaha yes, exactly lol.

10 years ain't shit, but I like reading your posts.

Thank you man, very kind.

Edited by there is no dana only zool

I amaze myself with some of the things I remember on here. :lol: I'm sorry it didn't work out with the girl, but it sounds like it worked out for you in it's own way. I remember at the time thinking how cool it was to just pick up your life and move out to the West coast to start over. Really interesting story, thanks for sharing! I'm glad things worked out for you, even though it seems to be in the most unexpected way. Highlights the different paths we can take in our lives, those we plan, and those we don't, and how inevitably everything seems to happen for a reason. :)

I amaze myself with some of the things I remember on here. :lol: I'm sorry it didn't work out with the girl, but it sounds like it worked out for you in it's own way. I remember at the time thinking how cool it was to just pick up your life and move out to the West coast to start over. Really interesting story, thanks for sharing! I'm glad things worked out for you, even though it seems to be in the most unexpected way. Highlights the different paths we can take in our lives, those we plan, and those we don't, and how inevitably everything seems to happen for a reason. :)

I have reached my maximum number of likes for the day :( Very sorry. Or else I would have liked yours haha. None the less, agreed 100% & big thanks.