The Real McCoy's life issues and style advice thread

Lithium

I bet he contacted her some times he didn't tell us about.

I sent her one text so she had my number. That was it. She texted me back last night.
And that, ladies and gentleman, is a wrap.

After consulting a number of my real life friends, they said that waiting until Friday was too damn long. They had agreed that yesterday was the proper day to text her.

Hell, who on here was saying Friday and who was saying whenever. Too many mixed signals.

How successful are these real life friends with girls? Are these real life friends girls? Did they know you messaged her for her number and then, while freaking out and searching for a reason to contact her again, texted her "so she had your number"? Goddammit, McCoy. It's pretty fucking obvious who knows what they're talking about and who doesn't in this thread. You're making excuses for yourself.

I bet he contacted her some times he didn't tell us about.

I sent her one text so she had my number. That was it. She texted me back last night.
And that, ladies and gentleman, is a wrap.
After consulting a number of my real life friends, they said that waiting until Friday was too damn long. They had agreed that yesterday was the proper day to text her.

Hell, who on here was saying Friday and who was saying whenever. Too many mixed signals.

How successful are these real life friends with girls? Are these real life friends girls? Did they know you messaged her for her number and then, while freaking out and searching for a reason to contact her again, texted her "so she had your number"? Goddammit, McCoy. It's pretty fucking obvious who knows what they're talking about and who doesn't in this thread. You're making excuses for yourself.

Yes. Female friends. One of my female friends said that I should have texted her right away. I disagreed with her on that, for what it's worth.

Fuck, so we're getting vetoed by your friends? If they genuinely thought you should inundate her with your written insecurities, then the odds are they're sitting in a basement eating nachos and wearing wrestling pants.

I'm done.

McCoy, you're not even playing the game of dating, you're just desperately holding out in the hope that a girl will respect you. Guess what buddy, you gotta act to get respect. When you keep saying 'yes yes, ok' to every fuckin' stipulation the girl creates - she'll get drunk on the liberty and drop you on your ass.

Man up and ripple the pond a bit, it's the only way girls are going to stop viewing you as a beta-motherfucker.

And if I man up and she cancels the date? I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm just asking if I'm in a situation or position to risk potential dates like that.

Yes. Female friends. One of my female friends said that I should have texted her right away. I disagreed with her on that, for what it's worth.

My god, you are aware that a girl is going to advise you based on how she would like to be treated by a guy?

Edited by NGOG

McCoy, you're not even playing the game of dating, you're just desperately holding out in the hope that a girl will respect you. Guess what buddy, you gotta act to get respect. When you keep saying 'yes yes, ok' to every fuckin' stipulation the girl creates - she'll get drunk on the liberty and drop you on your ass.

Man up and ripple the pond a bit, it's the only way girls are going to stop viewing you as a beta-motherfucker.

And if I man up and she cancels the date? I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm just asking if I'm in a situation or position to risk potential dates like that.

Then you won't get your dick wet but you will stand by yourself and you will start to respect yourself a little bit.

While I think some of the guys in this thread are nailing the "play hard to get/alpha male" thing a little too hard, texting the girl just so she has your number would come off as insecure to a lot of girls, and that's how you don't want to appear.

So what? Either way, you've shown you have self-respect. And believe me, that type of thing is tangible to women.

Here's your options:

Continue your failed approach of constantly pandering to the dictations of a girl - and realize a few years from now, as you sob into a pillow during the twilight hours, that you have no self-respect.

Start taking power in these situations and quickly realize that a lack of self-respect was holding you back romantically.

Winners take risks, losers don't.

While I think some of the guys in this thread are nailing the "play hard to get/alpha male" thing a little too hard, texting the girl just so she has your number would come off as insecure to a lot of girls, and that's how you don't want to appear.

Not me. Being a thoughtless moron is one extreme, but behaving like you've had estrogen injections in just as bad. My advice in a nutshell is that McCoy should stop being so passive.

She texted me last night. She said around 2 PM as far as meeting up goes, but she also felt the need to mention that she "forgot" that she might have to head out of town on Sunday. 50/50 chance and she's not sure what's going on with that yet.

So, yeah. I'm not getting my hopes up.

I don't get it. Didn't you say that she was the one that contacted you and she wanted to meet up ? Did she specify why she would have to get out of town ? I mean, if I wanted to go out with a guy I was genuinely interested in, and then remembered I might have to get out of town that day, I would either cancel that or explain the guy why I couldn't possibly cancel the other thing and I would reschedule immediately.

She texted me last night. She said around 2 PM as far as meeting up goes, but she also felt the need to mention that she "forgot" that she might have to head out of town on Sunday. 50/50 chance and she's not sure what's going on with that yet.

I don't get it. Didn't you say that she was the one that contacted you and she wanted to meet up ? Did she specify why she would have to get out of town ? I mean, if I wanted to go out with a guy I was genuinely interested in, and then remembered I might have to get out of town that day, I would either cancel that or explain the guy why I couldn't possibly cancel the other thing and I would reschedule immediately.

Yes, she initially contacted me and invited me out to her stable's open house in two weeks. I mentioned that I would be available this weekend and asked her out. She said yes to the date, and last night she "remembered" that she might have to go out of town on Sunday (which is when the date is scheduled for.) It's a 50/50 chance as of right now.

Yes, she initially contacted me and invited me out to her stable's open house in two weeks. I mentioned that I would be available this weekend and asked her out. She said yes to the date, and last night she "remembered" that she might have to go out of town on Sunday (which is when the date is scheduled for.) It's a 50/50 chance as of right now.

Oh, okay, it makes more sense now. I think it's best not to get your hopes up, like you said.

Oh, okay, it makes more sense now. I think it's best not to get your hopes up, like you said.

Story of my life.

Come on, McCoy, were you really interested in her, or did you ask her out because you saw an opportunity when she invited you to the open house ? Anyway, don't try too hard. Just go out, meet people, be yourself and you'll meet someone eventually. I know it's easier said than done...

Not me. Being a thoughtless moron is one extreme, but behaving like you've had estrogen injections in just as bad. My advice in a nutshell is that McCoy should stop being so passive.

Agree. Whilst a lot of guys can take the alpha male strategy a bit to the extreme (namely because its actually unwarranted/not applicable/inappropriate in their individual case), I don't think it's possible for McCoy to play the alpha male card too hard. He is soooo passive that a strong attempt on his part would probably equalise him to the average guy.

Unless she's about to be done for tax evasion or insurance fraud, I can't imagine any legitimate reason for someone to 'maybe' have to get out of town on the exact day that she has a date scheduled. Personally, if I was really into someone there's nothing other than tax evasion issues or insurance fraud issues that would stop me from being in town to meet up with that guy.

• Like 2

Come on, McCoy, were you really interested in her, or did you ask her out because you saw an opportunity when she invited you to the open house ? Anyway, don't try too hard. Just go out, meet people, be yourself and you'll meet someone eventually. I know it's easier said than done...

Interested. She seemed like a cool/decent girl. We actually went to high school together but never really talked or anything, as she graduated the year after I did. I graduated in '04, she graduated in '05.

Interested. She seemed like a cool/decent girl. We actually went to high school together but never really talked or anything, as she graduated the year after I did. I graduated in '04, she graduated in '05.

Uuuuugh! As if the year you graduated has anything to do with your possibly or not possibly dating. You approach every single female as 'maybe the one I will spend the rest of my life with!?!' STOP!!!! It's just NOT the way it works. You know, there are literally hundreds, probably thousands of women on this planet right now (quite probably in the US alone) that could become your 'soulmate'. But the truth is your state of mind, your mentality, your desperation is actually preventing that from happening naturally. Your view of others is so constantly warped by your over active radar that you're probably missing opportunities. And don't tell me otherwise, don't defend your behaviour because at this point in time (113 pages and counting) you're still at square one.

I guess that your insecurities are glaringly obvious to every person you come into contact with. I hate to be harsh, but the fact is that insecure people are highly undesirable. Until you work on that you're going to repeat the same pattern over and over again. I don't adhere to the 'just hang in there, the right girl will come along' mentality. If you see a pattern developing PAY ATTENTION. Theres a reason for it. I know this isn't what you want to hear, but if you want to eventually have a stable and fulfilling romantic life then you need to pay attention to the consistent signals that are being sent your way, instead of deflecting them.

• Like 2

I told you Sunday dates always flake.

If she wanted to meet you she would.

This is why next time there is a chance of a date you pick Thursday, Friday or Saturday night at 8pm at a cafe/bar near your place.

You decide and tell her.

And never, ever do dinner on a first date. As you don't drink I'd get coffee and tell her to try the Irish coffee :lol:

• Like 2