The Sunglasses Thread

Facekicker

I don't buy branded sunglasses anymore. I used to and spent a bomb on each an every brand, but I also buy cheap ones and have found them ultimately to always be my favourites for some strange reason. I have many different styles and pick my glasses for the day based on what I'm wearing. Aviators to go with a western shirt, beaded dress or my 70s style gear, cats eyes to go with a ladylike dress or my 50s /60s style dresses, wayfarers with ultra minimalist black dresses, etc.

My faves right now are these, I have them in black and tortoise shell (fake tortoise shell):

65y70m.jpg

2yllkqu.jpg

Edited by Redhead74

Never wore em, don't like em, don't see the benefit and feel silly with em on. What do they actually help anyway, the sun still feels the same in your eyes on a sunny day, it's just everything else has a dark tint, they just feel uncomfortable, i can't wear em for 3 seconds without wanting to throw em away, they're distracting too.

They have NO benefits for your eyes, they just look "cool" (so i'm told...)...

And you would be wrong as there are some major health benefits to wearing well made sunglasses not the cheap shit $5 plastic junk street vendors sell..........

http://www.pasadenaeye.com/faq/faq06/faq06_text.html

http://www.foxnews.com/story/2007/06/11/five-reasons-to-wear-sunglasses/

I know, dude ;) . I'm well aware of the many benefits of sunglasses... I wear a fine polarized set of glasses daily that kill the glare. i see clearer with them on for driving etc than without them.

Never wore em, don't like em, don't see the benefit and feel silly with em on. What do they actually help anyway, the sun still feels the same in your eyes on a sunny day, it's just everything else has a dark tint, they just feel uncomfortable, i can't wear em for 3 seconds without wanting to throw em away, they're distracting too.

They have NO benefits for your eyes, they just look "cool" (so i'm told...)...

And you would be wrong as there are some major health benefits to wearing well made sunglasses not the cheap shit $5 plastic junk street vendors sell..........

http://www.pasadenaeye.com/faq/faq06/faq06_text.html

http://www.foxnews.com/story/2007/06/11/five-reasons-to-wear-sunglasses/

I know, dude ;) . I'm well aware of the many benefits of sunglasses... I wear a fine polarized set of glasses daily that kill the glare. i see clearer with them on for driving etc than without them.

Can't talk about anywhere else in the world but here in Oz it's illegal to sell sunglasses that are not actually UV protective. So even the cheap ones you buy at chain stores are still 100% UV as opposed to being just about looks. :)

^

That's the Slash look.

Can't talk about anywhere else in the world but here in Oz it's illegal to sell sunglasses that are not actually UV protective. So even the cheap ones you buy at chain stores are still 100% UV as opposed to being just about looks. :)

Luckily there is nothing illegal based on style because i was just checking out the new Tom Ford range ;) - http://www.visiondirect.com.au/designer-sunglasses/Tom-Ford/Tom-Ford-FT0009-WHITNEY-199-9276.html just kidding, i would never wear them, but i thought they might be more to your liking based on the earlier glasses you posted here.

^

That's the Slash look.

Luckily there is nothing illegal based on style because i was just checking out the new Tom Ford range ;) - http://www.visiondirect.com.au/designer-sunglasses/Tom-Ford/Tom-Ford-FT0009-WHITNEY-199-9276.html just kidding, i would never wear them, but i thought they might be more to your liking based on the earlier glasses you posted here.

Cool shades!!! Love them! Especially the violet or fuchsia pink frames. :wub:

The funny thing with glasses like that though is that you wouldn't wear them all the time, they're to go with particular outfits so you also need several other pairs as well. At $300 a pop a small fortune can be spent on the necessary range required! Funny how I don't see that logic with shoes or boots....... :lol:

Since I have horrendous luck with sunglasses, I no longer spend a ton of money on them...every decent pair I've owned in my lifetime has ended up lost or broken...:(

I still buy decent glasses but I won't spend more than $50 on a pair....I usually buy polarized "golf" style glasses (I find myself buying at least a pair, sometimes two a year...lol)....they typically look something like this:

Golf%2BSunglasses%2B-%2BJiMarti%2BXS%2BS

^

That's the Slash look.

The funny thing with glasses like that though is that you wouldn't wear them all the time, they're to go with particular outfits so you also need several other pairs as well. At $300 a pop a small fortune can be spent on the necessary range required! Funny how I don't see that logic with shoes or boots....... :lol:

As posted on the first page, I have exactly that one. I am a little ashamed. But it's awesome.

But I don't have the shoe issue :lol:

Edited by MB.

^

That's the Slash look.

As posted on the first page, I have exactly that one. I am a little ashamed. But it's awesome.

But I don't have the shoe issue :lol:

Ooh, don't be ashamed! Everyone has to have their pleasures in life. As long as its kept in balance (as I'm certain you are) there's no need for guilt whatsoever. Honestly, if you're going to buy things that seem excessive, acknowledge it for what it is and then ENJOY it! That's what you bought it for! I love all of the things I buy. I think about it carefully so it's not pointless purchasing and then I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Since I have horrendous luck with sunglasses, I no longer spend a ton of money on them...every decent pair I've owned in my lifetime has ended up lost or broken...:(

I still buy decent glasses but I won't spend more than $50 on a pair....I usually buy polarized "golf" style glasses (I find myself buying at least a pair, sometimes two a year...lol)....they typically look something like this:

Golf%2BSunglasses%2B-%2BJiMarti%2BXS%2BS

I really don't have the excuse of losing my sunglasses since I haven't lost a pair in.........well, ever! But I like to have a lot of variety and with styles changing so often I buy cheaper ones, which I love just as much as the expensive ones (sometimes more so). :) I also tend to be a bit rough with them, I never keep them in a case they just go loose in my bag, so a $380 pair of Chanel glasses is going to be more annoying to me than anything else.

• Like 1