The Sunglasses Thread

Facekicker

Different =/= cool, hipster man.

Did I say it was? Different is different. I don't care one iota about hipsters or whatever the latest stupid cunt of a craze is. I just want a stylish, quality pair of sunglasses that isn't identical to what everyone else is wearing. At 31, I don't have the time nor the interest to care what the cool kids are at.

I love sunglasses, it's my biggest and most expensive weakness.

I own Chanel's, Bvglari's, Cavalli's, Ford's and more.......

I hardly spend money on myself. I don't buy expensive clothing much, hardly see a hairdresser, but with my love for sunglasses I totally make up for that.

It's a little embarassing. I don't know why I love them so much, but I do. Every year I want at least one new one for my collection. I am talking the real ones, the ones I shouldn't buy at all.

Sunglasses are just important :lol:

Edited by MB.
  • Like 1

Yeah but every tom dick and harry wears cheap knock off aviators and wayfarers so...

Agree 100%. When in doubt by aviators. They usually look good on almost anyone, which is why I won't get them anymore. It takes a lot more time and patience to find that perfect pair.

I hardly spend money on myself. I don't buy expensive clothing much, hardly see a hairdresser, but with my love for sunglasses I totally make up for that.

It's a little embarassing. I don't know why I love them so much, but I do. Every year I want at least one new one for my collection. I am talking the real ones, the ones I shouldn't buy at all.

Me too! Add sunglasses to my list of obsessions as well. It's almost embarrassing how much I'll spend for a pair, and unfortunately have lost a few along the way.

For me, the bigger they are, the better. I can be in a hoodie, sweats, hair in a pony tail, no makeup, and feel like a rag. But throw on a pair of Gucci, D&G or Chanel and I somehow feel fabulous. :lol:

gucci-brown-two-tone-glam-sunglasses-pro

• Like 2

Yeah but every tom dick and harry wears cheap knock off aviators and wayfarers so...

Agree 100%. When in doubt by aviators. They usually look good on almost anyone, which is why I won't get them anymore. It takes a lot more time and patience to find that perfect pair.

Me too! Add sunglasses to my list of obsessions as well. It's almost embarrassing how much I'll spend for a pair, and unfortunately have lost a few along the way.

For me, the bigger they are, the better. I can be in a hoodie, sweats, hair in a pony tail, no makeup, and feel like a rag. But throw on a pair of Gucci, D&G or Chanel and I somehow feel fabulous. :lol:

gucci-brown-two-tone-glam-sunglasses-pro

yes yes yes, exactly that.

Sunglasses give me the exact same feeling.

This is currently my favorite, but I already bought it 3 years ago. I just love this one, perfect for driving in my car, when the sun is low:

It's a Tom Ford

tom-ford-0076-sunglasses-199-Black-300x1

Edited by MB.

I wear a pair of Oakley's. I really don't have a care for whether sunglasses are designer or not, but one day my boss was wearing a very garish pair and asked me if I liked them. I asked if I could try them on, and said that they were really funky. He then told me I could keep them, which was very kind of him. I've since looked online and see they retail for over £100.

When you work for a magazine, you get sent loads of expensive free stuff, sometime to review, sometimes just to keep you sweet, so he's probably owned every pair of Oakleys there ever has been and never paid a penny, but nevertheless, it was a very generous gift. :)

Guest Len B'stard

Never wore em, don't like em, don't see the benefit and feel silly with em on. What do they actually help anyway, the sun still feels the same in your eyes on a sunny day, it's just everything else has a dark tint, they just feel uncomfortable, i can't wear em for 3 seconds without wanting to throw em away, they're distracting too.

Never wore em, don't like em, don't see the benefit and feel silly with em on. What do they actually help anyway, the sun still feels the same in your eyes on a sunny day, it's just everything else has a dark tint, they just feel uncomfortable, i can't wear em for 3 seconds without wanting to throw em away, they're distracting too.

They have NO benefits for your eyes, they just look "cool" (so i'm told...)...

They have NO benefits for your eyes, they just look "cool" (so i'm told...)...

And you would be wrong as there are some major health benefits to wearing well made sunglasses not the cheap shit $5 plastic junk street vendors sell..........

http://www.pasadenaeye.com/faq/faq06/faq06_text.html

http://www.foxnews.com/story/2007/06/11/five-reasons-to-wear-sunglasses/

Edited by classicrawker