Celebrities plastic surgery gone wrong Axl included in list

I never found confirmation of the plastic surgery. Did he really have one?

It's never been confirmed. I don't think he had surgery. I do think he had Botox and chemical peels before his comeback. He may have had very minor cosmetic work (and he got his teeth fixed back in the early '90s) but I don't think he had a full-on facelift or anything. I think that's why his face looked really odd in 2002 at the VMAs, but seemingly looked far more normal when he reappeared in 2006.

What's important to remember is that redheads can age kind of oddly. Nicole Kidman has been accused of plastic surgery, and maybe she had some, but she also is a redhead and her complexion completely changed as she aged. If you look at Axl during that NBA interview, you can see that his eyebrows are gone, his hair looks really different, etc. Redheads often lose their eyebrows and their hair as they age. I think if you look at recent pics it appears he dyes his beard and perhaps even his eyebrows. Some of what people credit as so-called "plastic surgery" may have just been his natural aging.

I confess that I too have spent way too many minutes of my life thinking about Axl's looks but, don't you think it's fucking weird? Like, why the fuck do we/did we all spend so much time on the subject? Is it just because Axl looked so alien when he returned? Are we all just slightly crazy? I don't even know anymore lol

I don't get it, Miser. In one thread you claim that Axl hasn't changed since 1987, and in this one you claim that the guy looks completely different year by year?

It's kind of both. Like, in photos where it's at the same angle, he looks the same. But, he has this amazing ability to look very different even in the same photo session. It's a peculiar thing about him, which I was trying to say explains why people here are and have always been so fascinated with his appearance. Like, most people, even at different angles, look relatively the same. Axl can look totally different in the same set of photos, and yet in photos ten or twenty years apart look exactly the same.